Transfer Rumour Sota Kawasaki (1 Viewer)

AFCCOVENTRY

Sky blue fan living in Japan has seen a transfer story in a Japanese paper that we’re interested in Sota for ¥200m.

JulianDarbyFTW

Tenacious, and a good passing range. In today's market, £1,077,411 and 37p is a decent price.

Not quite sure how I feel about the Nintendo-esque soundtrack to that video, though.

shmmeee

Harley any money for us these days. Looks a decent player and young. Get it done.

Deity

Sota Kawasaki, 21 years old, 171cm/5’7, 66kg/145lbs

J1League-2023-five-u23-players-scout-report-tactical-analysis-tactics Figure 11
Moving far deeper now into defensive midfield, we find 21-year-old Sota Kawasaki of Kyoto Sanga. I’m a lover of holding midfielders — it’s probably my favourite area of the pitch to focus on and analyse — and Kawasaki was a fun holding midfielder to look at.

On the ball, he’s a very capable ball progressor with impressive vision. He’s brilliant at spotting movement and players in space ahead of him, while also possessing the technical ability to pick out that movement from his typical deep, central position.

J1League-2023-five-u23-players-scout-report-tactical-analysis-tactics Figure 12
We’ll see a typical example of Kawasaki’s progressive passing in figures 12-13. Firstly, we can see the midfielder receiving the ball deep, just in front of his team’s backline in figure 12. As he receives, the player turns out and gets his head up, indicating his intention to get the team moving forward.

In addition to his impressive vision and ability on the ball, it’s important for Kawasaki, as the holding midfielder, to be aware of his surroundings as he generally receives the ball in very sensitive areas where a mistake could be very costly for his team. Through his positioning and spatial awareness via intelligent scanning, the midfielder typically makes himself well aware of his surroundings.

The 21-year-old is very good at turning out to face forward just after receiving, helping his team to seamlessly advance upfield through him.

J1League-2023-five-u23-players-scout-report-tactical-analysis-tactics Figure 13
As play moves on, we see how Kawasaki picked out the movement from the forward ahead of him who dropped off into some space behind the opposition’s midfield line. It doesn’t take long for Kawasaki to capitalise on this intelligent movement from the attacher, as he breaks the opposition’s midfield line with his pass. Thanks to this combination, the team can progress into the opposition’s half and get closer to threatening the goal.

In possession, Kawasaki is a good asset for this level in the progression phase.

J1League-2023-five-u23-players-scout-report-tactical-analysis-tactics Figure 14
Defensively, Kawasaki is also a typically good asset as a holding midfielder. He’s typically got excellent positioning and is good at quickly shifting across to screen dangerous passing targets if his initial positioning is not perfect.

The 21-year-old is quick to charge down danger and covers a lot of ground quite quickly, making him useful in a settled phase of defence and in defensive transitions too. Furthermore, he’s usually very good at timing his challenges and ensuring possession is won before the opposition’s attack develops into a major threat.

His defensive territory map in figure 14 shows the areas on the pitch he typically patrols and how effective he is at winning possession for his team. His fouls typically come higher up the pitch, while he’s more careful and considered in deeper areas. At times, he’ll perform fouls strategically to buy his teammates time to regroup or just to shut down a counterattack in a non-threatening area before it develops into something worrying.

ccfc1234

If Robins rates him this looks like it would be a great signing and we should get it done! Could we adapt the Hamer song somehow if he also costs a million!

skybluecam

Sky blue fan living in Japan has seen a transfer story in a Japanese paper that we’re interested in Sota for ¥200m.

If this was in some Japanese paper I’m almost tempted to believe it, too random otherwise.
Unless they’re piggybacking Sakamoto.

Johhny Blue

Sota Kawasaki, 21 years old, 171cm/5’7, 66kg/145lbs

J1League-2023-five-u23-players-scout-report-tactical-analysis-tactics Figure 11
Moving far deeper now into defensive midfield, we find 21-year-old Sota Kawasaki of Kyoto Sanga. I’m a lover of holding midfielders — it’s probably my favourite area of the pitch to focus on and analyse — and Kawasaki was a fun holding midfielder to look at.

On the ball, he’s a very capable ball progressor with impressive vision. He’s brilliant at spotting movement and players in space ahead of him, while also possessing the technical ability to pick out that movement from his typical deep, central position.

J1League-2023-five-u23-players-scout-report-tactical-analysis-tactics Figure 12
We’ll see a typical example of Kawasaki’s progressive passing in figures 12-13. Firstly, we can see the midfielder receiving the ball deep, just in front of his team’s backline in figure 12. As he receives, the player turns out and gets his head up, indicating his intention to get the team moving forward.

In addition to his impressive vision and ability on the ball, it’s important for Kawasaki, as the holding midfielder, to be aware of his surroundings as he generally receives the ball in very sensitive areas where a mistake could be very costly for his team. Through his positioning and spatial awareness via intelligent scanning, the midfielder typically makes himself well aware of his surroundings.

The 21-year-old is very good at turning out to face forward just after receiving, helping his team to seamlessly advance upfield through him.

J1League-2023-five-u23-players-scout-report-tactical-analysis-tactics Figure 13
As play moves on, we see how Kawasaki picked out the movement from the forward ahead of him who dropped off into some space behind the opposition’s midfield line. It doesn’t take long for Kawasaki to capitalise on this intelligent movement from the attacher, as he breaks the opposition’s midfield line with his pass. Thanks to this combination, the team can progress into the opposition’s half and get closer to threatening the goal.

In possession, Kawasaki is a good asset for this level in the progression phase.

J1League-2023-five-u23-players-scout-report-tactical-analysis-tactics Figure 14
Defensively, Kawasaki is also a typically good asset as a holding midfielder. He’s typically got excellent positioning and is good at quickly shifting across to screen dangerous passing targets if his initial positioning is not perfect.

The 21-year-old is quick to charge down danger and covers a lot of ground quite quickly, making him useful in a settled phase of defence and in defensive transitions too. Furthermore, he’s usually very good at timing his challenges and ensuring possession is won before the opposition’s attack develops into a major threat.

His defensive territory map in figure 14 shows the areas on the pitch he typically patrols and how effective he is at winning possession for his team. His fouls typically come higher up the pitch, while he’s more careful and considered in deeper areas. At times, he’ll perform fouls strategically to buy his teammates time to regroup or just to shut down a counterattack in a non-threatening area before it develops into something worrying.
But is he any good?

shmmeee

The songwriters will be gutted they wasted Jota on the wing on Sakamoto when Sota on the wing is right there (even though he doesn’t play on the wing)

CovLad94

If there us truth to this would be a low risk development type signing, would help Tats settle in easier too maybe. Could be a long term Kelly replacement

SkyblueTexan

Interesting…those 35-40 yard passes look very Hamer-esque

Covcraig@bury

If he does sign we could sing …

I think we’re turning Japanese
I think we’re turning Japanese
I really think so

🤦‍♂️ running out of coats 🧥

AFCCOVENTRY

How do you find this stuff @AFCCOVENTRY ? Impressive!

Bring him in. Let's take Celtics forwards too

This one is by chance. My friend happens to be living there and saw it in an article. I think there are some Belgium clubs sniffing around as well. Tipped to be a rising star for Japan. Recently got into the international set-up.

Lots of gems in Japan that we will hopefully make more moves in with the transfer criteria easing. Technical and hard working players, good upside with a high ceiling if developed properly and we know our coaching team can do that.

covcity4life

This one is by chance. My friend happens to be living there and saw it in an article. I think there are some Belgium clubs sniffing around as well. Tipped to be a rising star for Japan. Recently got into the international set-up.

Lots of gems in Japan that we will hopefully make more moves in with the transfer criteria easing. Technical and hard working players, good upside with a high ceiling if developed properly and we know our coaching team can do that.
Yeah they work very hard and respectful by all accounts. Most are brought up to show respect to authority figures( like robins would be to them) from what I been told and seen.

Users who are viewing this thread