Match Thread Coventry City - Sunderland Match Thread - Saturday 26th Aug (3 Viewers)

fatso

Both teams lacked a cutting edge, Palmer tried to drive us forward, Simms isn't mobile or quick enough, and should of been replaced sooner.
Fadz was awesome putting himself in the way of everything.
We're still a work in progress, and there's a lot more to come.

shmmeee

😂😂😂😂

I’m not goddens biggest fan, but he’s our best forward right now

He drops deep to the ten role out of possession and wants the same balls Simms does in possession. Id rather Simms with Atari and Palmer than Godden if that’s the choice. Not sure the box is right tho. We need to move the ball a lot quicker

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

We need end product, that's something he's never been good at.

We seem to have a pretty solid foundation but I am still not sure about this formation. The wing backs, even though they seemed to stop going forward in the second half so much, still didn't create many clear cut chances despite having the ball a lot. Sheaf and Eccles aren't really going to create and score either. I think Godden and Wright will work, but if we want to score more goals I think we need to address the midfield. Ayari offers a bit of hope, he came on and looked like he had something about him.

Still, not as bad today as I think some are making out. Frustrating yes, but there are things to build on. I thought the defence were excellent.
I think it’s more his direct driving ability is what will help.

we seem to be slow and moving the ball around the box giving the opposition time to get back.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Sheaf and fadz fabulous today
Lots of good performances
Ref was good I thought
Wright or simms should have buried their chances

Nah, Sheaf gave the ball away a lot today. We were held back by not being penetrative enough from the midfield. We can have a pop at the strikers but we didn't actually have barely any good chances, despite having the ball a lot - particularly in the first half. The wingbacks also got into some good positions, but barely made anything come from it.

We'll get there, but it is just a bit frustrating at the moment.

Matt smith

He drops deep to the ten role out of possession and wants the same balls Simms does in possession. Id rather Simms with Atari and Palmer than Godden if that’s the choice. Not sure the box is right tho. We need to move the ball a lot quicker
For me we look very nice.

defensively I’m happy, we look good

im concerned we’ve wasted 15 million

DannyThomas_1981

Not sure if I was watching a different game but Wright looked very good to me in his short time on the pitch. He is going to be a very important player for us.

Some of the reactions on here to a 0-0 draw this early in the season are ridiculous.

Anyone writing off players after 3-4 games - get a fucking grip.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

I think it’s more his direct driving ability is what will help.

we seem to be slow and moving the ball around the box giving the opposition time to get back.

Yes, that is true.

I certainly think we should have been a bit more aggressive in taking the game to them in the final third. They had several players on yellow cards, and we once again didn't put enough pressure on them.

Sky Blue Pete

Nah, Sheaf gave the ball away a lot today. We were held back by not being penetrative enough from the midfield. We can have a pop at the strikers but we didn't actually have barely any good chances, despite having the ball a lot - particularly in the first half. The wingbacks also got into some good positions, but barely made anything come from it.

Most disagree with you sheaf mom

fatso

I think with Wright up front we need to get the ball into the box a little quicker, not route 1 by any means, but we seem a little too slow to deliver. Dasilva and van Ewjik were culpable.

Garlana86

Not sure if I was watching a different game but Wright looked very good to me in his short time on the pitch. He is going to be a very important player for us.

Some of the reactions on here to a 0-0 draw this early in the season are ridiculous.

Anyone writing off players after 3-4 games - get a fucking grip.
Wright has always impressed me, he offers something we don't have, mind boggles as to why he was on the bench today. I assumed robins was picking the strikers based on performance and fighting for their place, clearly not the case.

Grendel

Sheaf was our best player over 90 minutes

usskyblue

It’s a bit ignorant to expect instant success. I think anyone (with an objective bone in their fuckingbody) can see that we’re a work in progress.. new players and new possession based style. There were a lot of positives today, just a lack of clear cut chances.. and the ones we had, were saved.

I think despite all the changes, we’re actually ahead of the curve. Some of our passages of play in the first half were sublime. It’s clear that things will continue to improve. Once Ayari is up to speed, he’s going to be one special player.

Grendel

Insane. There were easily several other players on the pitch better than him today. This love in with him is getting ridiculous.

Theres no love in from me he was covering at times the whole midfield. People love palmer but he’s a disaster when the opposition move forward as he’s so far apart from the rest of the midfield. Eccles was shot after 60 minutes so he literally becomes a one an midfield when we are pressed

andrew.roberts

We looked very stretched in the second half allowing them far too much space coming forward. Whether that's down to fitness or something else but I'm sure we played with a higher press last season.

Enviado desde mi moto g(9) plus mediante Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread