Match Thread Coventry City - Stoke City Match Thread - Saturday 11th Nov (1 Viewer)

mmttww

So you don't get your info by word of mouth then. 🤔
technology computers GIF

hamil99

Facebook User
I'd go full on attack. Fuck it, it's one game before the break, let's just have a go 👍

Collins
MVE Thomas Kitching Bidwell
Eccles. Sheaf
Simms. O'Hare. Wright
Godden

shmmeee

Surprised he’s changing tactics after buying so many defenders and two clear WB’s as opposed to full backs.

As long as he doesn’t find a way to make it defensive then I’m all in.

Honestly think once we find the right system and style we’ll start flying.

Wright and Simms will come good, but they need consistent game time and quicker ball.

Why would he have been looking for a left sided wide forward if not to have the option to play like this?

BlueSkiesForever

433 it seems

I actually can’t believe it, the amount of weeks and months I’ve been waiting to see Robins play 4 at the back and it’s finally here 😍
I just hope we give it time and accept that it’s not going to be an instant fix, it’s a long term process but I feel it’ll be worth it and hopefully make us into a much more attacking yet flexible team. Just think of the type of players we can go for if playing with wingers works for us, this changeover could potentially be a pivotal moment in the future of our club 🙏

fernandopartridge

I actually can’t believe it, the amount of weeks and months I’ve been waiting to see Robins play 4 at the back and it’s finally here
I just hope we give it time and accept that it’s not going to be an instant fix, it’s a long term process but I feel it’ll be worth it and hopefully make us into a much more attacking yet flexible team. Just think of the type of players we can go for if playing with wingers works for us, this changeover could potentially be a pivotal moment in the future of our club
TBF Robins played 4 at the back for all of his first spell and around 2 and a third of a season in his second.

I'm surprised you're using the argument that any sort of unfamiliarity might take time to be addressed.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

BlueSkiesForever

TBF Robins played 4 at the back for all of his first spell and around 2 and a third of a season in his second.

I'm surprised you're using the argument that any sort of unfamiliarity might take time to be addressed.

Well, fair, but I meant in the last couple of seasons, with a team that’s properly decent, rather than the league 1 or league 2 days. It’ll just be great to see what we can do with our new players, I feel there’s a lot more possibilities with playing 4 at the back and I’m generally sick to death of 5 at the back this season.

I’m not sure what you mean about how you’re surprised that I’m saying any unfamiliarity might take time to be addressed, I feel like we’ve given both 5 at the back and the new players long enough to bed in this season. After 15 games with only 3 wins I think it’s clear we need change but equally we shouldn’t expect us to win game after game straight away playing 4 at the back, it’s a big change but hopefully one that’ll mean we win a lot more in the long run. If we can at least average 1 point per game then we’ll be doing as good as what we’ve done so far this season, clearly we need more than that per game in the long run but it’d be unfair to give 5 at the back 15 games unchallenged and not give 4 at the back at least 5,6,7 games etc unchallenged. I think we should just give it a try for a fair few games and see how it goes, if it’s worse than 5 at the back then fair enough but if we don’t try something different then we’re currently heading for a total of 46 points.

stevefloyd

I think everyone can see we have good players, who are either off-form or lacking in confidence with the start we have made. Robins & Viveash will hit upon the right system / formation soon (hopefully Saturday), and then I expect things to take off. Kelly, Palmer & Tavares should all be available by the Millwall game too, so we have really good options across the park.
Fuck me I am not getting too excited by that prospect

JPG77

Hoping today is the turning point of the season as I sit here in India sipping Kingfisher Ultra, but I have a strong feeling that today is not the day, but it will happen in the next month and the season whilst not being a success will be OK, high mid table finish

Nick

Administrator
Need to smash rose and McNally early doors. No niceties.

Then we need to watch out for Rory delaps long throws.

clint van damme

Think at this moment they’re equal on mistakes leading to goals.

Can't see it, the only outright howler I can think of for Wilson that lead to a goal was against West brom, Moore did several.

Edit - Wilson fucked up against Watford as well

Tommo1993

No way, Moore was at fault for 4 goals in 3 games I think.

Wilson has probably made many that in the last year.

Yeah but the point is Wilson is still dropping pretty big clangers. Almost every week, luckily for him they’re not all directly resulting in goals.

I’m not calling for Wilson to be dropped btw. Don’t really know what to do.

Users who are viewing this thread