Match Thread Coventry City - Stoke City Match Thread - Saturday 11th Nov (4 Viewers)

Nick

Administrator
Discuss the Coventry City - Stoke City match, tactics and predictions :)

PVA

If we go 4 at the back…

Collins

MVE – Latibeaudiere* – Kitching* – Bidwell

Sheaf – Eccles

Sakamoto – Allen – Simms

Wright​

*Take your pick from the centre backs to be fair, could be any of them really (except Fadz if it’s a four!).

And Simms/Wright are interchangeable there.

Last edited:

SlowerThanPlatt

Stoke have picked up after a bad start and beat Sunderland, Leeds and Boro. All sides with aspirations of top 6.

We can’t afford to go behind early or another defeat is on the cards.

shmmeee

If we go 4 at the back…

Collins

MVE – Latibeaudiere* – Kitching* – Bidwell

Sheaf – Eccles

Sakamoto – Allen – Simms

Wright​

*Take your pick from the centre backs to be fair, could be any of them really (except Fadz if it’s a four!).

And Simms/Wright are interchangeable there.

There’s actually so much flexibility in that team. Sheaf can drop back for a three with the fullbacks pushed up, Saka and MvE and Saka and Allen can rotate like Simms and Wright. Even more when O’Hares back for Allen and can play anywhere along the three. Eccles can drop back and cover RB as well.

Sky Blue Harry H

Don't care how, but we could do with at least a point - fancy next win to be at Millwall (but hopefully it comes a game sooner).

ccfcricoh

We are playing far too negatively and sit too deep. All because we are playing a back 5 (incl 4 CBs) and 2 DMs who aren't bothered in driving forward. That leaves the top 3 far too isolated with little chance to do a lot and a huge gap between MF and STs. Effectively playing 7-0-2.

Highly doubt Robins will go to 4 at back, so assuming he plays 5, he NEEDS to encourage Da Silva and Milan to get out much quicker and also get Sheaf to take control of the MF and bring the ball out.

We are missing the player to take the game on and take control.

I get the "gelling" excuse, but cant use it and then chop and change the team every week!

Not sure if/when it will click but it needs to soon, think we will be fine but fully expecting a bottom half finish

1.0 scrappy win and a shit refereeing decision to go in our favour

Macca1987

We are due a shit refereeing decision to come our way, but I worry with all the chopping and changing at the back that we will concede silly goals again, I'm going for a 2-2 draw with a big mishap at the back again

Macca1987

Wilson

MvE – Thomas – Binks – Bidwell

Eccles - Sheaf - Allen

Simms – Godden - Wright

4-3-3 for me. Sakamoto and COH to come on at some point. Maybe harsh on the former, but give him some good minutes in the second half. The front three above seemed to look pretty dangerous against Preston once we switched formation. Would like to see us start with that.
The front three did look good, but it was a lot to do with having Sakamoto and COH in behind driving us forward. Eccles, Sheaf and Allen together doesn't fill me with any confidence of getting our front three going

StrettoBoy

Wilson

Eccles - Sheaf - Allen

Simms – Godden - Wright

4-3-3 for me. Sakamoto and COH to come on at some point. Maybe harsh on the former, but give him some good minutes in the second half. The front three above seemed to look pretty dangerous against Preston once we switched formation. Would like to see us start with that.

The only change I would make to that is to give Collins his chance. We have supposedly bought him to keep Wilson on his toes and after a few gaffes by Wilson recently the time has arrived to see if Collins can do any better.

Ccfcisparks

Wilson

Eccles - Sheaf - Allen

Simms – Godden - Wright

i'm assuming that Simms and Wright will not be playing as out and out wingers in that formation

Tommo1993

Must win.

helmet adjust GIF by Girl Starter

Brighton Sky Blue

Was quite pleased i was home and in bed by full time v albion, soon as the 2nd went in that was game so went home

If the same happens again Saturday il beat the queue at the chippy, so swings and roundabouts

Rose and McNally will play like Beckenbauer and Maldini just you watch
McNally glad he dodged this car crash of a season I bet

BlueSkiesForever

Either 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1 for me. I think the latter is more suitable to the style we currently play so probably makes for an easier transition to 4 at the back if Robins (hopefully) decides to go down that route. I’d go with:

DBCB0219-4AC3-487D-AEC5-96C3846EA8B2.jpeg

Attachments

• F59CB5A1-157F-4974-ABCC-51E8DB129239.jpeg
    F59CB5A1-157F-4974-ABCC-51E8DB129239.jpeg
    136.2 KB · Views: 16

Users who are viewing this thread