Match Thread Coventry City - Norwich City Match Thread - Saturday 7th Oct (2 Viewers)

Covkid1968#

Any sort of result against Norwich will continue the feel good factor. Going for 1-1

Can’t help feeling our season is primed for lift off in a couple of weeks time.

Looks like the banter and camaraderie amongst the lads is getting there…key players coming back…2 weeks to bed in the MR/AV culture ….strikers starting to fire up. Etc etc

Of course it could all go wrong as Im only basing this on back to back wins one of which was scrappy plus a couple of behind the scenes videos showing a bit of Bantz

Captain_Slackbladder

Probably take a draw tomorrow, hopefully an entertaining one at that, but would love a couple of early goals for us and to put them on the back foot.

Should be 27000-28000 tomorrow? They are bringing 3-4000?

TomRad85

You lot are boring

Is Godden a great goal scorer? Yes

Are we a poorer squad without him 100% yes

Does he go missing and become a passenger in some games? Yes.

Is 31 goals an 8 Assists at this level in 92 games a decent return? Yes

I get the argument from some that sometimes the game can pass him by or he's contributed the square root of fuck all the odd time, fair enough

But the man literally scores goals. Do we get out of League 1 without him? Absolutely not. His 39 Goals and assists over the last 3 seasons, at championship level completely go against this view of him being 'shit' or a 'passenger' so to be honest id come down on the side that those who slate him are actually those in the wrong
Godden seems to have become a very strange topic where he's either grossly underrated or grossly overrated and the 2 camps keep arguing the same points over and over. I cba to get into my thoughts on him at all as its all got very very strange. The Haji Wright thread is a shit show too.

Ccfcisparks

Free hit this one in all honesty. Would like us to play a different formation and maybe try 3 up top with Simms down the middle and Wright and Sakamoto either side of him. Would imagine that we will go the same team and could understand why if so.

TomRad85

It's worth pointing out that some supporters on here used to say similar things about Jamie allen and his workrate
" he runs around alot " etc etc as a negative slur against his ability and tireless efforts 👌

True story
Tbf Allen was basically out the door at one point, he's a poster boy for hard work paying off and good luck to him. We are certainly better with him in the team atm, although i still can't wait for a fully fit O'Hare.

Evo1883

Godden seems to have become a very strange topic where he's either grossly underrated or grossly overrated and the 2 camps keep arguing the same points over and over. I cba to get into my thoughts on him at all as its all got very very strange. The Haji Wright thread is a shit show too.
Saying he's a solid championship striker is hardly grossly overrating him , but he's definitely better than what the whoppers on here think

SonofErnie

You lot are boring

Is Godden a great goal scorer? Yes

Are we a poorer squad without him 100% yes

Does he go missing and become a passenger in some games? Yes.

Is 31 goals an 8 Assists at this level in 92 games a decent return? Yes

I get the argument from some that sometimes the game can pass him by or he's contributed the square root of fuck all the odd time, fair enough

But the man literally scores goals. Do we get out of League 1 without him? Absolutely not. His 39 Goals and assists over the last 3 seasons, at championship level completely go against this view of him being 'shit' or a 'passenger' so to be honest id come down on the side that those who slate him are actually those in the wrong

All of those are very fair points, but I just don’t get the aversion to subbing him off, particularly when in your words the game is ‘passing him by’.

Until we see Simms and Wright play together we’re never going to know if it will work.

Ccfcisparks

All of those are very fair points, but I just don’t get the aversion to subbing him off, particularly when in your words the game is ‘passing him by’.

Until we see Simms and Wright play together we’re never going to know if it will work.
Yes thats what I don't get. The QPR game seemed like a perfect time to give Godden a break with 25 minutes to go and try out Simms and Wright.

Saddlebrains

Now that I can agree, he should be subbed off at times. I just think Robins knows that if a chance is to fall to someone in the latter stages of the game there's no one you'd want it to fall too more than Godden

Saddlebrains

Atmosphere will be better tomorrow you would assume, with them bringing more, a Saturday 3pm KO and us off the back of 2 wins in a row

Ccfcisparks

They will inevitably play together at some point .. the manager knows what he's doing 🤷‍♂️
Nobody is saying he doesn't, just wondering why he hasn't tried it yet. Surely you can see that the QPR game would have been a decent time to give Godden a little break, especially with his injury history.

Evo1883

He is, but so are a lot of the players on here that various whoppers go after a lot. I just think the discourse around Godden has become extra odd.

I semi agree , but I think its just as odd he's the target of so many , not just on here but twitter and Facebook when you consider what he's achieved here with us and his goalscoring record .

This is more odd in my head , surely not a normal thing

SlowerThanPlatt

Long before #CarlBakerDay I remember the same heated discussions about him every week despite his very good goal/assist record in League 1

TomRad85

street fighter vs GIF

Evo1883

He does. In the land of immobile midfielders the man who runs around a lot is king.

How do you think he did second half?
He was better against QPR, but do you still think allen offers us very little , just runs around ?

shmmeee

He was better against QPR, but do you still think allen offers us very little , just runs around ?

I think right now at AM running around a lot is exactly what we need. He breaks the lines well and offers options which Eccles Ayari Palmer and Kelly don’t.

Would he make it into a first XI with O’Hare fit? No. He doesn’t offer enough impact at AM. But as a pair of legs in a very static three man midfield he’s in his element.

Evo1883

I think right now at AM running around a lot is exactly what we need. He breaks the lines well and offers options which Eccles Ayari Palmer and Kelly don’t.

Would he make it into a first XI with O’Hare fit? No. He doesn’t offer enough impact at AM. But as a pair of legs in a very static three man midfield he’s in his element.
Allen is a regular o hare fit or not his game time shows this .. Palmer on the other hand ✋️ maybe not so much

CV22SBA

Apart from singles scattered about only half of block 27 left now as they have opened the top half. Does that mean no POTG or will they open 11 & 12?

johnwillomagic

I think we need to keep Allen in the ACM role so would move Latz to DCM for this one and bring in Sakamoto a RWB

Wilson GK
Saka RWB
DaSilva LWB
Binks CB
Fasz CB
Thomas CB
Latz DCM
Eccles DCM
Allen ACM
Simms ST
Godden ST

As others have said a bit of a free hit so would go attacking with the Wingbacks.

Hertsccfc

I think we need to keep Allen in the ACM role so would move Latz to DCM for this one and bring in Sakamoto a RWB

Wilson GK
Saka RWB
DaSilva LWB
Binks CB
Fasz CB
Thomas CB
Latz DCM
Eccles DCM
Allen ACM
Simms ST
Godden ST

As others have said a bit of a free hit so would go attacking with the Wingbacks.
I think that is the strongest lineup given the injuries. Only real alternative is move Dasilva to the right and bring in Bidwell at lwb.

Certainly not a free hit.

Captain_Slackbladder

Wilson GK
Saka RWB
DaSilva LWB
Binks CB
Fasz CB
Thomas CB
Latz DCM
Eccles DCM
Allen ACM
Simms ST
Godden ST

Having Thomas and Sakamoto as our right sided defensive pair worries me.

RegTheDonk

Wilson GK
Saka RWB
DaSilva LWB
Binks CB
Fasz CB
Thomas CB
Latz DCM
Eccles DCM
Allen ACM
Simms ST
Godden ST

It's telling he hasn't started Saka at RWB since the injury to Milan as we'd assume he got him to fit in that formation (MR rather than anyone else). Perhaps he'll use him there depending on the threat assessment of the other team, he hasn't looked too comfortable defending. Latz supposedly has experience in the role you suggest so that would make sense, though perhaps swap him with Eccles see how that goes if he don't trust Saka's defending. It's just a shame we have so many MF injuries and no proper depth as that still would mean keeping Jamie Allen back to fill in.

Users who are viewing this thread