Match Thread Coventry City - Norwich City Match Thread - Saturday 7th Oct (2 Viewers)

clint van damme

If it's exactly what he's being asked to do why isn't it happening all game? Would expect to see the keeper chased down multiple times in first half alone wouldn't you? In injury time when rest of team is falling back to park bus seems an odd time for robins to trigger it that's all.

You think he's doing it on his own without instruction?

clint van damme

Godden is good because he has scored 45 league goals in 110 league games

- Anybody that knows anything about football

Also let's give a little bit more respect to a striker that scored all the important goals in the big games before covid to get us to this league

And to a manager who took us from L2 to a whisker away from the EPL.

covcity4life

You think he's doing it on his own without instruction?
No I'm saying I don't think the instruction is to press the keeper non stop.

This isnt a godden debate from me btw. I'm on about pressing for anyone. I don't think wright is lazy cos if the instruction was press the keeper non stop I think it would be more evident in our gameplan for 90 mins that's all

clint van damme

I honestly think some of the conversation following the Blackburn game, a game we won, is some of the most batshit I've read all season. Posters losing the plot left, right and centre.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Ironic, because its who plays left right and centre that's one of the main bones of contention

Evo1883

This isnt a godden debate from me btw. I'm on about pressing only now for anyone. I don't think wright is lazy cos if the instruction was press the keeper non stop I think it would be more evident in our gameplan for 90 mins that's all

I think the players are told and shown using various methods including video footage of the opponents how they are expected to play in the week leading upto the game and before the match .. the manager will tell players how he expects them to do things like press to nullify certain players / styles of play etc..

They all know whats expected on a match day

We have a game plan , as Robins always alludes to in his post match etc

Evo1883

It is possible to simultaneously be fans of and respect Robins and Godden while disagreeing with some aspects of their tactics/play…
I see very little respect for godden though from yourself, you seem to go a long way to basically indirectly call him shit

You've also a bee in your bonnet for Latibeaudiere

clint van damme

This isnt a godden debate from me btw. I'm on about pressing for anyone. I don't think wright is lazy cos if the instruction was press the keeper non stop I think it would be more evident in our gameplan for 90 mins that's all

Wrights pressing and desicion making aren't up to scratch at the moment in my opinion so I think some of the criticism is valid.
I still think he'll come good and has the raw talent. He's had some good moments.

skybluecam

I see very little respect for godden though from yourself, you seem to go a long way to basically indirectly call him shit
He’s not shit at all. One of the best finishers I’ve seen at the club, and deserves to be playing at this level. I’m just not sure he’s the striker that will get us promoted.

covcity4life

I think the players are told and shown using various methods including video footage of the opponents how they are expected to play in the week leading upto the game and before the match .. the manager will tell players how he expects them to do things like press to nullify certain players / styles of play etc..

They all know whats expected on a match day

We have a game plan , as Robins always alludes to in his post match etc
I agree we have a gameplan.

I just think godden pressing the keeper is more of a individual decision. It's late in the game. Were winning by 1. He's thinking one last push to get this over the line. It's admirable

Just saying wright not doing same might not be defiance of a robins request.

Could be wrong. Just my hunch

BlueSkiesForever

It wasn't exactly fruitless, Godden's shot off the bar came from pressing them on the edge of their own penalty area.

We have pressed in 2s and 3s in the past few seasons, some of the other players are just not at the right level for it still. Wait until O'Hare is back.

Yeah fair point, we get the odd chance here and there and I suppose it’s not to be sniffed at. As an overarching theme though I think we lack a clear direction or play style, I realise it’s nit-picky and we’re getting wins so fair enough but I just think from the pressing, to the midfield, to the way our strikers set up it just feels a little bit messy and a bit “squeaky bum time” every week.
It feels like we don’t play in a particular way, but I agree that that’s probably a settling-in and time issue. As you say when O’Hare, Sheaf and MVE are back it’ll hopefully feel a bit more controlled and have a general sense of direction.

Evo1883

I agree we have a gameplan.

I just think godden pressing the keeper is more of a individual decision. It's late in the game. Were winning by 1. He's thinking one last push to get this over the line. It's admirable

Just saying wright not doing same might not be defiance of a robins request.

Could be wrong. Just my hunch

I'd call it defending from the front , something I've also heard Robins mention before ... with him being so fresh it's on him surely to try and help force mistakes and press their back line , godden actually dropped into midfield in the last few minutes anywayl

Martin180

You've also a bee in your bonnet for Latibeaudiere
To be fair to Cam , that opinion on Latibeaudaire is based on a whole 5 seconds of him struggling to track back against Middlesboro

clint van damme

Yeah fair point, we get the odd chance here and there and I suppose it’s not to be sniffed at. As an overarching theme though I think we lack a clear direction or play style, I realise it’s nit-picky and we’re getting wins so fair play but I just think from the pressing, to the midfield, to the way our strikers set up it just feels a little bit messy and a bit “squeaky bum time” every week. It feels like we don’t play in a particular way, but I agree that that’s probably a settling-in and time issue. As you say when O’Hare, Sheaf and MVE are back it’ll hopefully feel a bit more controlled and have a general sense of direction.

I agree we don't really have style at the moment, but I put that down to the departures, arrivals and injuries.

Martin180

Yeah fair point, we get the odd chance here and there and I suppose it’s not to be sniffed at. As an overarching theme though I think we lack a clear direction or play style, I realise it’s nit-picky and we’re getting wins so fair enough but I just think from the pressing, to the midfield, to the way our strikers set up it just feels a little bit messy and a bit “squeaky bum time” every week.
It feels like we don’t play in a particular way, but I agree that that’s probably a settling-in and time issue. As you say when O’Hare, Sheaf and MVE are back it’ll hopefully feel a bit more controlled and have a general sense of direction.
We've had spells in games , albeit not sustained , where we have looked very dynamic . Frustratingly though these have been few and far between

Matt smith

We've had spells in games , albeit not sustained , where we have looked very dynamic . Frustratingly though these have been few and far between
I actually thought we had some nice passages of play in the first half

breaks down where it wouldn’t with a proper on form COH

covcity4life

I'd call it defending from the front , something I've also heard Robins mention before ... with him being so fresh it's on him surely to try and help force mistakes and press their back line , godden actually dropped into midfield in the last few minutes anywayl
With time it will come hopefully. Inter Milan press really well with both forwards so we need more than one forward doing it to make it work.

skybluecam

Lads , we've not been great, our team hasn't clicked and we've an injury list as long as Matt smiths terrible predictions 😘 and we are 2 points off the playoffs .. just relax ffs
I think you’ll find you were the one kicking off at the mere suggestion Godden should be benched 🤣

It’s been an ok start all considered. Still think we’ll improve and a midfield addition in Jan could make us a real contender.

BlueSkiesForever

It is possible to simultaneously be fans of and respect Robins and Godden while disagreeing with some aspects of their tactics/play…
Completely agree, I admire Robins and Godden for what they’re good at but also think we can improve in areas. They’re good at what they do but standing outside looking in I feel there’s things that get overlooked at times.
I think we’re all pretty much down the middle on most topics with a bit of right wing and left wing thrown in for good measure but that’s just opinion I suppose.

Evo1883

I think you’ll find you were the one kicking off at the mere suggestion Godden should be benched 🤣

It’s been an ok start all considered. Still think we’ll improve and a midfield addition in Jan could make us a real contender.
There's no reason to drop him though, if Robins did though , then I'd back that

Users who are viewing this thread