Match Thread Coventry City - Norwich City Match Thread - Saturday 7th Oct (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Discuss the Coventry City - Norwich City match, tactics and predictions :)

ccfcricoh

Wilson

Thomas Fadz Binks

Lati Eccles Allen Da Silva

Ayari

Godden Simms

Think we are edging closer to seeing Kitching getting more minutes but maybe not starting yet.

Midfield looks weak but we have little choice

MR wont drop Godden and although i would have for Blackburn game, he did well so i think deserves his start again

Offhegoes

Kelly was probably the pick of our players last night before he got injured. At least we just have one more game to play, and I would hope Sheaf will be back for Bristol. I would move Lats in midfield with Eccles and bring Sakamoto in at RWB but pretty sure it will Allen, Eccles and Ayari in midfield. 0-1 to Norwich I am afraid.

mmttww

Screenshot_20231005-113827_Chrome.jpg

Is 27 the last block before 10-13 and 4-5? Do we think it'll be 25k+? Are Norwich bringing much?

skybluecam

Wilson
Thomas Fadz Binks
Lati Allen Eccles Dasilva
Ayari
Wright Simms

I know he won’t do it but I’d like to see Wright and Simms in from the start. Norwich will play higher and their pace would be useful.

TomRad85

I really hate saying i'd take a draw from a home game, especially against mediocre opposition and having already dropped home points against other mediocre opposition, but fuck me we're running out of players a bit aren't we. Would love a win, would take a draw, then lets go again with the injured players back after the break.

bazza16

Wilson
Thomas Fads Binks
DaSilva Eccles Lati Bidwell
Allen
Godden Simms

With Kelly injured, we need some experience, so Bidwell comes in for me. Da Silva can play on the right.

shmmeee

Not sure about this. There’s one square peg/weak link whatever you do.

Wilson
Thomas Fadz Binks
Saka Lats Eccles Dasilva
Allen
Simms Wright

S: Collins, Kitching, Bidwell, Ayari, Godden, selection of children

edgy

“I’m going to have to start playing strikers in midfield, or defenders in midfield, but let’s see.”

edgy

I know what you mean. How about playing Wright in the pocket behind Simms and Godden? This frees up Allen to drop deeper next to Eccles.

He isn't good enough with the ball at his feet to play 10, nor does he press effectively. I'd rather Godden do that, if we had to. But I;d rather we see Sakamoto tried there before putting a striker there.

Lati into CDM is the obvious one.

BlueSkiesForever

📦📦📦📦📦

Wilson
Lati, Thomas, McFadz, Binks, Dasilva
Ayari, Eccles
Allen, Sakamoto
Simms/Wright

or if Van Ewijk’s back then:

Wilson
Van Ewijk, Thomas, McFadz, Binks, Dasilva
Lati, Eccles
Allen, Sakamoto
Simms/Wright

BlueSkiesForever

Not sure about this. There’s one square peg/weak link whatever you do.

Wilson
Thomas Fadz Binks
Saka Lats Eccles Dasilva
Allen
Simms Wright

S: Collins, Kitching, Bidwell, Ayari, Godden, selection of children

“Selection of children” 😂😂
(Would like to see what Obikwu’s like on the pitch though, maybe if we’re ever 4-0 up in a game I’d be interested to see him come on.)

Paxman II

We have a missing midfield! That will hurt us if those that play don't really step up to the plate. System and who starts is going to be crucial. This is not a match Godden will get much change from unless he has the support of a stronger midfield.
It may be a game where we need to hit a front man like Wright to hold up the ball and the strength of simms to pick up the pieces.
So reluctantly I'd start with Wright and Simms. The rest pick themselves with a decision to make on Sakomoto or Lauterbiare.
Hope we get a good start or we will fall prey to a capable Norwich side if given an invitation.

Skybluecol

Team that started the 2nd half for me....although would like to see Thomas replaced....he's got a major howler in him each game

napolimp

After everything that was said about Eccles, he's basically the first name on the team sheet.

Crazy to think we have enough decent players for 2x box midfields, and one entire selection is out injured after 10 games.

Eccles Allen
Ayari Sakamoto

Sheaf Kelly
Palmer O'hare

pusbccfc

25k without doubt

Flying Fokker

Should hit 25K. Norwich almost sold out.
Over 3,000 fans are making the trip to the Coventry Building Society Arena for Norwich City's Sky Bet Championship fixture on Saturday, October 7.

There are a limited number of tickets remaining and these will go off sale on Friday at 2pm (unless a sellout is reached).
Tickets can be purchased via the ticket office website here or by calling 01603 721902.
See ticket prices below:
Adult £30 NUS/Armed Forces £25 Under 18 £20 65+ £25 18-21 years £25

Users who are viewing this thread