Match Thread Coventry City - Norwich City Match Thread - Saturday 7th Oct (1 Viewer)

MalcSB

For all the on and off criticism of Ayari, he's a 19 year old 6m gamble from a club that recruit generally very well. If he was the finished article we wouldnt have him here on loan. He's got a bit a vision but consistency is always going to be the sticking point for a lad his age
£6m - Highway robbery.

BlueSkiesForever

What a pillock, honestly listen to yourself!

'Im bringing ideas yo the table, discussing nuances' Haha!
You've been banging on all week about playing Simms and Wright, it didn't work, now you're performing mental gymnastics to try and justify calling for our top scorer to be dropped, 🤡 absolute buffoon.

I’ve spoke at length about 5 at the back, I’ve talked about various formations we could try, I’ve talked about how our midfield is the main issue we face, I’ve suggested ideas for moving Lati into midfield (which we saw today I think), I’ve talked about what sort of play style should we be aiming, are we a pressing team or are we a counter attacking side? should we play with two strikers high up the pitch? should we look at the box? etc etc. I use the word nuance because our game is exactly that, we’re so close to being a great side but something’s not quite there yet.

I’ve not heard a single thing from you other than something along the lines of “haha your idea’s shit” and “godden godden godden”. That’s literally it. All you do is come on here and talk shit either about other fans or about our players. What are you’re actually contributing to the discussion? Seems like absolutely nothing atm.

It‘s so easy to resort to calling people “buffoons” when you’ve got no original ideas of your own. I’ve tried to be amiable with you on previous posts, multiple times I’ve said things “yeah fair play, good point” or “yeah that’s fair enough but…” etc because I genuinely respect other people’s points of view. I don’t have an ounce of fucking time for people that insult others and show no respect to anyone’s ideas. If you don’t like my ideas then fine, I don’t like your ideas but I don’t insult you, just have a bit of fucking respect before you shit all over other fans ideas.

I’ve said my bit and I’ll leave it there, as I’ve said before I know it seems personal but I don’t feel anything personal against you, we just have very different views. Up to you but to save hassle I’ll avoid reacting to your comments and I’d appreciate it if you do the same to me. I can’t be arsed to keep arguing over what is effectively pointless shit. We get what Robins delivers, that’s the end of the story really.

Last edited:

Tommo1993

Then say that. In what sense is contributing fuck all a luxury?

In the sense that when he was unnecessarily signed, and part thereafter, he was regarded as one of our better footballers - good for his “fancy” football or a step over or two.

No pace, no shot, no killer ball.

shmmeee

In the sense that when he was unnecessarily signed, and part thereafter, he was regarded as one of our better footballers - good for his “fancy” football or a step over or two.

No pace, no shot, no killer ball.

There we go.

“luxury player” in my experience means “not a clogger and might not run 90mins a game”. If you’re saying he’s crap he’s not a luxury he’s just crap.

Is disagree BTW. I still think he’s the best passer in the final third we have.

SBT

“luxury player” in my experience means “not a clogger and might not run 90mins a game”. If you’re saying he’s crap he’s not a luxury he’s just crap.
It’s a term for players who can pull off crowd-pleasing moves (stepovers, flicks etc) but don’t contribute where it actually counts. Kasey Palmer clearly isn’t crap at football, and most fans seem to enjoy watching his skills in action, but he’s not vital to the side either. He’s a luxury player.

Grendel

There we go.

The modern game requires players to run 90 minutes

Kasey Palmer is a twenty first century Duncan Mackenzie but not as good

fernandopartridge

There we go.

Are you on about Palmer?

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Grendel

Then we’re fucked. I’m not sure we’ve got any players who run for 90 mins.

You know what I mean

Palmer plays like he’s a masters footballer

He can’t play the intensity required

shmmeee

Would love to transplant some City fans to Brazil so they can tell everyone what they’re really missing is a Jamie Allen type.

Grendel

Would love to transplant some City fans to Brazil so they can tell everyone what they’re really missing is a Jamie Allen type.

We aren’t in Brazil - look at the results improvement since his injury for a start

Grendel

Same for MvE! And Sheaf! And O’Hare!

You don’t like him. Fine. But stop pretending is based in some sophisticated football opinion or backed by stats. You just don’t like him.

No - I don’t think he is good enough

What’s worse he’s a player who has a talent and an ability and has wasted much of it as he’s not able to improve the basics that clearly has restricted his appearances.

He’s started 80 odd games in 7 years.

You constantly talk about Jamie Allen but Robins would pick Allen ahead of Palmer every time

shmmeee

No - I don’t think he is good enough

What’s worse he’s a player who has a talent and an ability and has wasted much of it as he’s not able to improve the basics that clearly has restricted his appearances.

He’s started 80 odd games in 7 years.

You constantly talk about Jamie Allen but Robins would pick Allen ahead of Palmer every time

And he’d pick O’Hare over Allen. Because talent matters. There’s just a brand of fan who idolise average hard working footballers and criticise only players with talent. See also Hamer.

covcity4life

We aren’t in Brazil - look at the results improvement since his injury for a start
Game changed when he was subbed off yesterday....

City Life Art GIF by Sherchle

Brighton Sky Blue

And he’d pick O’Hare over Allen. Because talent matters. There’s just a brand of fan who idolise average hard working footballers and criticise only players with talent. See also Hamer.
Of course talent matters, equally so does end product with Allen scoring twice as many as Palmer in the league last season. The ‘talent’ has to manifest itself on the pitch otherwise it may as well not exist.

NorthernWisdom

Of course talent matters, equally so does end product with Allen scoring twice as many as Palmer in the league last season. The ‘talent’ has to manifest itself on the pitch otherwise it may as well not exist.
We're far more fluid with Allen in the team. It will be genuinely interesting whenever we get to a full squad who plays - I don't think Allen will be as out the picture as some think he will be.

Brighton Sky Blue

We're far more fluid with Allen in the team. It will be genuinely interesting whenever we get to a full squad who plays - I don't think Allen will be as out the picture as some think he will be.
Fully fit O’Hare would likely start ahead of him as he offers the same work rate with more ability. Keeping in mind he was played out of position yesterday too and for most of Wednesday.

Grendel

Allen has played 75 championship games in the last two seasons

Grendel

He’s played in 83 games in all competitions in the last two seasons

The notion “he’s not good enough and will be dropped” is pretty stupid when you consider that. I doubt there’s a player whose featured more over that time period

Brighton Sky Blue

He’s played in 83 games in all competitions in the last two seasons

The notion “he’s not good enough and will be dropped” is pretty stupid when you consider that. I doubt there’s a player whose featured more over that time period
For comparison, Gyo played 94.

Grendel

The other disappointing thing from Palmer is lack of goals - i thought he would at least contribute that

From midfield it’s two in the championship and none since January

TomRad85

What's the argument here? Allen plays ahead of Palmer for sure, if we play a box formation he'd be a starter in that too. If however we persist with 2 up top and O'Hare comes back as we remember him, its O'Hare in at AM all day every day. Excellent player to rotate into the team and sub on though of course.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

TomRad85

The other disappointing thing from Palmer is lack of goals - i thought he would at least contribute that

I've long thought Palmer would come good, he does have attributes I wish I could inject into Allen but really it seems he'll just continue to flatter to deceive.

SlowerThanPlatt

He gets into very good positions then unleashes his trademark floated shot back to the goalkeeper

clint van damme

I've long thought Palmer would come good, he does have attributes I wish I could inject into Allen but really it seems he'll just continue to flatter to deceive.

I like him, been pleasantly surprised by some of his attributes, he's a great player to have on the bench but he's not a starter for me unless we're in the middle of an injury crisis.

With everyone fit I'd imagine the middle 3 would be Eccles, Sheaf and COH.

That leaves Kelly, Ayari, Allen and Palmer on the bench, they're strong options in my opinion.

covcity4life

I like him, been pleasantly surprised by some of his attributes, he's a great player to have on the bench but he's not a starter for me unless we're in the middle of an injury crisis.

With everyone fit I'd imagine the middle 3 would be Eccles, Sheaf and COH.

That leaves Kelly, Ayari, Allen and Palmer on the bench, they're strong options in my opinion.
We have a strong squad. All that's missing is an out and out hamer replacement marquee signing for centre mid.

Recruitment looks good so far to me. It's only October so lots of improvement to come over course of season yet too.

Users who are viewing this thread