Match Thread Coventry City - Norwich City Match Thread - Saturday 7th Oct (1 Viewer)

Sick Boy

Can't see it. Ayari has bags of ability and is getting better each game.

I said a couple of weeks ago he looked like he should have had a season in L1, well today he didn't look out of place.
Needs to start consistently producing end product now and I think he will.
I expect we’ll see the best of him post-Christmas and we’ll end up missing him when he’s gone.

Sick Boy

I was coming from Block 35, just picking up a train of confused and increasingly angry people trying to have a fag. I saw people give up half way and just smoke in the concourse because it was so packed nothing would be done. Would love to know the decision behind it. I bet it’s nothing more substantial than “I don’t like smokers”.
I’m an ex-smoker but don’t really understand why smoking is banned on station platforms and in football stadiums (outside) - it just leads to the inevitable where people just end up doing it indoors, which is worse.

pusbccfc

I said a couple of weeks ago he looked like he should have had a season in L1, well today he didn't look out of place.

I think he's look OK, no better. Similar to Palmer.

Palmer had an excellent start to the season and then lost his way at Hull and Cardiff.

Ayari looked good second half today.

Ashdown

I like Ayari, he has a bit of class about him…..now he is young and will come on with a bit of confidence and some game time. Most of it was ok today, we made them look very average but alas I stick to my views on our expensive strikers …..they will bag a few goals here and there but they are our Achilles heel I’m sure.

shmmeee

I’m an ex-smoker but don’t really understand why smoking is banned on station platforms and in football stadiums (outside).

I can get in the ground TBH because you can’t move and I’ve had wafts of a joint or some vaping Thomas the Tank Engine impersonator. It’s not nice.

But the previous smoking areas were spot on. Enough that you aren’t causing massive traffic through the concourse and out the way. Everyone’s happy.

Martin180

I like Ayari, he has a bit of class about him…..now he is young and will come on with a bit of confidence and some game time. Most of it was ok today, we made them look very average but alas I stick to my views on our expensive strikers …..they will bag a few goals here and there but they are our Achilles heel I’m sure.
I'm underwhelmed with Wright , can see an player in Simms . Want to see how both perform once O'Hare and Sheaf are back

Tommo1993

People still waving their luxury player flag, I see. He’s not even that anymore. Get nowhere near that pitch with a fully fit squad.

covcity4life

Lots of improvements to be made yet too. No need to put players down so much. Young ones in particular

Martin180

The forwards are a huge concern and we have no Hamer replacement
I'm underwhelmed with Wright, can see a player in Simms . Want to see O' Hare and Sheaf playing before make a proper judgement .
Think we will sign a Styles/Swift in January but Ayari has loads of potential

ccfcmad1

After the Cardiff game I was really struggling to see how we could look beyond midtable this season such a poor team performance, 7 points from the last three slowly but surely we're looking more of a team plenty of work still to do but massive improvements made and with players still to come back in who knows we might become good enough for a playoff hunt

shmmeee

People still waving their luxury player flag, I see. He’s not even that anymore. Get nowhere near that pitch with a fully fit squad.

God I hate that phrase. Used purely by defenders of cloggers and shit football everywhere.

BlueSkiesForever

Not at all, just stating the obvious.
We're virtually a quarter of the way through the season, surely a decent player would be performing better by now.
People have been calling for him to start a game along side Simms, and today we saw exactly what I feared, a lack luster display.

I saw a lacklustre amount of balls being played to them. They both made some decent runs and whilst Wright still isn’t quite up to speed yet (fair comment that he should be by now) I don’t think it’s good to just wright them both off. They’re strong, quick strikers who should be feeding off through balls or quick crosses into the box. We’re doing none of that, can hardly blame them for looking quiet when we barely created a chance for them.

BlueSkiesForever

I wish there was a tally on the number of dribbles per game, we seem so scared to try and play through any defence we come up against.

shmmeee

I saw a lacklustre amount of balls being played to them. They both made some decent runs and whilst Wright still isn’t quite up to speed yet (fair comment that he should be by now) I don’t think it’s good to just wright them both off. They’re strong, quick strikers who should be feeding off through balls or quick crosses into the box. We’re doing none of that, can hardly blame them for looking quiet when we barely created a chance for them.

This is a fair comment. We’ve got no one who can hit them early with a decent ball and it shows. Saw so many runs that Hamer would have picked out go unnoticed today from all the strikers.

clint van damme

Just admit they never worked, you were wrong to bang on all week about playing them together and we can all move on with our lives.

shmmeee

Just admit they never worked, you were wrong to bang on all week about playing them together and we can all move on with our lives.

They were as good or bad as any partnership we’ve seen this season. Wright was gash and they got no service. But that was true when him and Godden were playing too.

clint van damme

They were as good or bad as any partnership we’ve seen this season. Wright was gash and they got no service. But that was true when him and Godden were playing too.

Our best striker today was Godden, that's undeniable.
He has to start v Bristol.

BlueSkiesForever

I’ve got to hand it to you, you’re hilarious at times Clint 😂 Trying to say we should never play our £12 million strikers when they had almost no chances created for them. I don’t think a saw a solid ball created for them all afternoon, there was maybe one chance at best where you could say they should have scored. Godden comes on also got no chances created for him and for some reason he’s the answer. I’m not saying the answer is Simms or Wright or Godden or whoever else we could sign, it doesn’t matter, if we can’t create chances for our strikers then they’re never going to be able to score.

It’s not about who’s right and who’s wrong, who should we play and who we shouldn’t play, it’s about our team not creating chances for the strikers to put away, simple as that.

clint van damme

I’ve got to hand it to you, you’re hilarious at times Clint 😂 Trying to say we should never play our £12 million strikers when they had almost no chances created for them. I don’t think a saw a solid ball created for them all afternoon, there was maybe one chance at best where you could say they should have scored. Godden comes on also got no chances created for him and for some reason he’s the answer. I’m not saying the answer is Simms or Wright or Godden or whoever else we could sign, it doesn’t matter, if we can’t create chances for our strikers then they’re never going to be able to score, simple as that.

I agree were not creating enough, that's why you play your top scorer, the one who has proven he can make the best of slim pickings.

And there you go again, mentioning price tags, it's irrelevant mate. Absolutely meaningless

procdoc

An insult coming from you is just laughable.
You might be happy with their contribution, but I think you'll find your in the minority.
As per usual.
My football views are actually respected by most on here. I have actually been involved in the game at a half decent standard whereas you haven’t actually got a clue

Users who are viewing this thread