Match Thread Coventry City - Hull City Match Thread - Wednesday 24th Apr (6 Viewers)

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

They could be on a high (barring sheaf and O'Hare) they just dicked one of the worlds biggest clubs and come out of that with so many positives that it could be a huge confidence boost rather than deflate them.
Ultimately - mentally and physically they’ll be spent. It took a Herculean effort to pull that back only to have it ripped away. It was a massive kick in the bollocks to have that goal chalked off after the euphoria.

edgy

£15/£5 tickets on the gate behind the goal. Can that be done at this late stage?

Flying Fokker

I expect defeat and after yesterday plus the playoff final it wouldn’t be the worst thing as I don’t feel like trawling down to Wembley again for another defeat, however the slim the chances of making it. Of course that would change on the back of an unlikely run to squeeze in.

Do not however rule out some seriously pissed off heroes wanting to put that injustice right up the FA and go and blow Hull away Wednesday.
Wembley is a great day out. There is always hope betyond expectation.

SkyblueTexan

We have to summon every ounce of energy and use the players who didn't play much or at all in this match (i.e. Palmer, Torp, Eccles, Binks, Godden Allen, Da Silva). I know we aren't Man City who played Chelsea after a grueling AET loss to Real Madrid, but we have to that kind of mentality to go out and beat Hull.

procdoc

Will be tough to get three points after pouring everything into the Utd match. I’d like us to start with the handbrake off and just go for it. We look so much better when playing with a high tempo on the front foot

Sky Blue Pete

im happy to break up for summer now - emotionally drained after one of the best ever performances by a coventry city team
Looking forward to next season, but i need a break and i think the players will be the same
Win against hull though and then Saturday at Blackburn then Ipswich with a change to get into play off position on gd oh my

TomRad85

Would like to go into the Blackburn game in with a shout, I'm really looking forward to it and that would give it an extra bit of spice.
Also, and don't get me wrong here as I think we're a pretty attractive club for players for many reasons atm, but selling we just fell short in 7th thanks to a bad start and we got to a cup semi is better than selling we finished 10th or whatever to them.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Otis

Not knocking JDS, because I do quite rate him and he played very well yesterday, but I am wondering if Torp and Da Silva played better yesterday, because against Premier League level, you often get more time on the ball and it's not quite the fast pace and harrying nature of the Championship.

Last time Torp played, Robins alluded to the fact that the game was too fast for him and that he struggled with it and that he needed time to adjust to the English game. Yesterday, he had more time on the ball and looked all the more classy player we all want him to be.

Anything in that at all?

DaSilva often gets outmuscled and swamped by attackers. There was no sign of that at all yesterday.

Londonccfcfan

Gonna be so hard to pick the team up.

As we saw vs Birmingham just have to be off it a lik nit in this league and you get punished.

We will start strong and fade unfortunately.

djr8369

I think we'll be physically & emotionally drained today
Physically drained tomorrow,
and ready to go (bar two or three) by Wednesday evening.
Hope you’re right. Still a chance for PO if players can pick themselves up and recover.

skybluelee

Clearly options are limited but obviously fatigue is going to play a huge part. If Tavares was fit I'd throw him in after yesterday's cameo. If not:

Collins
MVE (although he must be running on empty), Thomas, Binks, JDS
Torp, Eccles
Palmer, COH, Wright
Simms

RoboCCFC90

It's a mammoth task to get the players back up for this, mentally and physically.

The team that needs to start is the team that ended the 90mins yesterday.

Go out and attack Hull, just like we did Man United and lets go for it. Nothing to lose now.

ptr

Lusala won’t be playing tomorrow just to clear that up 😂. It’s a tough ask but there’s a still a chance, even if it’s a tough ask. Strongest players have to be on the pitch…they have to go again.

steve101

I think Binks should start and will start. Torp another who should start with Eccles and Palmer. It would be good to play Sheaf but I think he may be exhausted physically and mentally. Tavares I think will be out injured. Hopefully Jamie Allen will get a run out from the bench.
If Wright is exhausted, maybe play Dasilva further up or maybe even try Kai Andrews.

Diogenes

They might be physically drained but I'd imagine they are on as much of a high as we are, despite the disappointment at how it ultimately finished.

Yeah, I feel like I've been punched in the stomach but there's also a sense of elation at what we achieved. Yesterday is one of those games that will stay with us forever. I can't wait for the Hull game and want us to go at them and smash the fuck out of the Humber cunts.

May be different for sheaf/oware but If the players are feeling the same they might be on the crest of a wave too that may see them through the next 4 games.

stupot07

If there's no injuries and no one is too tired.

---------------Collins
MVE-Thomas-Binks-Bidwell
----------Sheaf-Torp
Tavares - O'Hare -Wright
----------------Simms

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread