Match Thread Coventry City at Oxford United Match Thread - Tuesday 14th Aug (1 Viewer)

Sky Blue Harry H

If we do mess up tonight, I'm glad it's in a game that doesn't matter, but really would be good for players confidence to turn in a performance

Nonleagueherewecome

This system doesn't work
What exactly is it, Nick? Only just tuned in to CWR to hear Clive talking about Hiwula and Bakayoko swapping which was on the left wing, but dunno if that is a 442, 451 or even 523!

Nonleagueherewecome

Not thought of 523 since 80's 8-bit computer games, btw...was it Kick Off 2 that was quite good in?

larry_david

Very early on I know and we played well past scunny. But I'm thinking tonight, we are never gonna score a fucking goal !

coop

Why the fuck would you have Bayliss playing deep when he is a creative midfielder has MR lost the plot.

Sky Blue Harry H

Hope MR is brave enough to make positive changes. I can take a loss, but only if they have hung on after we've battered them. Very early on in the season and still got Andreu, Jones plus Mr Loan star striker to come, so no panic yet, but need some kicks up the arse.

Londonccfcfan

Started off ok..tactics looked better than Saturday first 20 mins....played bako on left....and Sterling on right midfield....with two upfront Hiwula and Max.

Sterling looks like a schoolboy..scared to put a foot in ...really hasn't looked the part so far.

Bako has done a bit better on the left but not much and Hiwula in 2.5 games hasn't even looked like the answer. He's missed a good few clear cut chances now. He has to step up to the plate.

Bayliss shining star again..looks different level.

Jch and JP may come on too late though to save us!

Londonccfcfan

Not too disappointed if we don’t win this. It’s going to be a long season and whilst I’d much rather we go for the win in every game, I’d rather we concentrate on the league!

Problem is we play them again in few weeks live on Sky! Just see Andreu possibly making a difference.

Grendel

We have some, there's no system at all.

Far too far apart, nobody playing off each other

We have no forwards who can instinctively move and create chances and get in front of defenders

hill83

If it's 442 no excuses for not knowing the system

To be fair what to do for 4-4-2 is ingrained into our very being for our generation and older. It's all 1-2-4-2-2-5-1 play it out from the back, little eyebrows at the back stick, tiki-taka shit now.

If I tried playing false 9 in sunday league I'd be lost in the car park

Gint11

Oxford have started awful this season and have already registered 12 shots against us

Users who are viewing this thread