Match Thread Coventry City at Notts County Match Thread - Saturday 7th Apr (3 Viewers)

Mucca Mad Boys

Tonight I'm really pissed off with Robins for the first time this season, I thought he was done with the Bayliss on the right experiment, but no, it seems he needed to see it doesn't work again. I think the players we have are better than our position and for me he is respnsible for that. If we don't make the play off final I think we should get shot.

I think we need to play 4-3-3. We do not have a viable option at RM.

On a quaint positive note, at least Ponticelli has broken his league ‘duck’. I’m happy for him.

covcity4life

Fuck sake caught like 20 mins on ifollow and thought we had drew 1-1. Then saw we lost!!! Extra gutting

All we can hope for now is we get another bad run out of way in time to hit form and clinch and win playoffs

Ashdown

So much utter misery, is it really worth it.................it's all become so predictably depressing. We are what we are, we've had cunts for owners for 20 years now who have presided over a gradual and total phalanx of monumental mismanagement and corruption.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

We played top of the league today with 9 men and ended the game with just 7 players on the pitch. We lost 14-0.

Just when I think my day might get saved by Ponticelli, we allow them to equalise 60 seconds later.

I'm now going to get so drunk I will see you all on Monday.

Ashdown

We played top of the league today with 9 men and ended the game with just 7 players on the pitch. We lost 14-0.

Just when I think my day might get saved by Ponticelli, we allow them to equalise 60 seconds later.

I'm now going to get so drunk I will see you all on Monday.
You need to give up that over 55's walking football !!?

wingy

Not looking to say he was to blame (but he didn’t help), but what were your thoughts on the man in the middle today Adge? One of the worst this season for me
Well apparently it wasn't a corner for their first.

Gazolba

Considering how many minutes he has played, isn't Ponticelli now our most prolific striker?

stevefloyd

I still maintain that it takes more than 1 season to build a team this year would have been great to have gone up and we still might do it although in the great tradition of being Cov we do it the hard way!
This season Robins had to build a new team and although we feel pissed off with the team it has performed better than last season, we now have players that other teams may want to pay money for so next season hopefully we can build a stronger midfield and attack ohh and a new goalie

Grendel

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
This is not a totally unexpected result, last week's was and that lost us more than three points. The team, manager and fans have lost some confidence at the wrong time and increased the pressure. Generally ccfc do not react well to pressure and haven't since the top division relegation. We are still in the play offs places but seem to stay there or there abouts because of other teams inability just as much as by our own ability.

One thing puzzles me. Posters keep saying we should be top three with the squad we have. Then next breath that the recruitment has been poor. As we had to pretty much recruit a new team which is it? You would not reasonably expect a promotion team to be made up of academy players they usually wont be good enough or strong enough all season. They don't have the stamina or the consistency..... which ccfc as a team don't appear to have. We don't have experienced depth to the squad.

We have league 2 players with some academy sourced players with potential. We are not the only team who have had injuries. We have a decent enough league 2 budget.... surely more than Accrington for example. We have a capable manager. But a better squad than everyone else? .... performances all season suggest not.

We have the best squad in the division. ? Maybe on paper, I am not convinced of that in any case, but the season is not played on paper. Certainly there are individual players in other teams that would make our team. The best team would appear to be a lot smaller in stature than ccfc. History or ground size or number of fans win you nothing now.

Robins has made mistakes. I am sure he would admit to that. He is entitled to. He has also made a lot of good decisions that has got an average squad of players to within a sniff of success

That all said, given the inconsistency of nearly all teams in this division, we are still in the play off places and have it in our own hands still. It isn't over yet.

I refuse to bounce between great elation and deep despair. We still are in there fighting.

Gazolba

I still maintain that it takes more than 1 season to build a team this year would have been great to have gone up and we still might do it although in the great tradition of being Cov we do it the hard way!
This season Robins had to build a new team and although we feel pissed off with the team it has performed better than last season, we now have players that other teams may want to pay money for so next season hopefully we can build a stronger midfield and attack ohh and a new goalie
Next season he'll have to build another new team. There is no multi-season building with us.

Grendel

Next season he'll have to build another new team. There is no multi-season building with us.

Most players are on a two year contract

Gazolba

This is not a totally unexpected result, last week's was and that lost us more than three points. <snip>

That all said, given the inconsistency of nearly all teams in this division, we are still in the play off places and have it in our own hands still. It isn't over yet.

I refuse to bounce between great elation and deep despair. We still are in there fighting.
We have a decent team, but we have known we have a sub-standard goal-keeper for two seasons. That has cost us massively.

Otis

And that's the big worry if that's the case. If we can build on a nucleus then all well and good, but if it's a major rebuild we then haven't really built anything.

Liquid Gold

We have a decent team, but we have known we have a sub-standard goal-keeper for two seasons. That has cost us massively.
Burge protection squad unite!
giphy.gif

stevefloyd

This is not a totally unexpected result, last week's was and that lost us more than three points. The team, manager and fans have lost some confidence at the wrong time and increased the pressure. Generally ccfc do not react well to pressure and haven't since the top division relegation. We are still in the play offs places but seem to stay there or there abouts because of other teams inability just as much as by our own ability.

One thing puzzles me. Posters keep saying we should be top three with the squad we have. Then next breath that the recruitment has been poor. As we had to pretty much recruit a new team which is it? You would not reasonably expect a promotion team to be made up of academy players they usually wont be good enough or strong enough all season. They don't have the stamina or the consistency..... which ccfc as a team don't appear to have. We don't have experienced depth to the squad.

We have league 2 players with some academy sourced players with potential. We are not the only team who have had injuries. We have a decent enough league 2 budget.... surely more than Accrington for example. We have a capable manager. But a better squad than everyone else? .... performances all season suggest not.

We have the best squad in the division. ? Maybe on paper, I am not convinced of that in any case, but the season is not played on paper. Certainly there are individual players in other teams that would make our team. The best team would appear to be a lot smaller in stature than ccfc. History or ground size or number of fans win you nothing now.

Robins has made mistakes. I am sure he would admit to that. He is entitled to. He has also made a lot of good decisions that has got an average squad of players to within a sniff of success

Wise words indeed.
We have carried some players this season ie Vincenti and Beavon, the left back spot has at times given us trouble, with Jones and Andreu being injured it has weakened our squad, Shipley and Bayliss could do with a rest but we don't have anyone to replace them with and the team haven't scored anywhere near enough goals, Robins brought in 3 loans last window and only JCH looks capable of doing anything Maguire Drew and Barrett look pretty poor, so all in all we are carrying more players than we need to because of lack of depth, I am hopeful this will be sorted come the summer, some will go lets hope the scouting network is better at recruiting than JMD and Barrett

Londonccfcfan

Just got in, great day out in championship class stadium.

Amazing atmosphere created by the superb following. Proud to be sky blue.

Shame about the result could have gone either way after our equaliser, haven’t seen the replay but it didn’t look good defending.

Don’t feel even 10% as angry as after the Yeovil. Team looked very competitive although without boring you all did look a bit negative.

Ah well nothing to fear to fear from any team in the play offs. Once we get there.

Londonccfcfan

Mansfield and Swindon screwing it up at home has just re adjusted lower the required play off points.

Will Mansfield get to 74 or 75 points now? That would mean 12 points from 5 games huge turn Aaron’s in form required.

We need 3 wins, should do it. Assuming Mansfield Win 4 out of 5.

If Mansfield lose at Colchester then 3 wins wil definitely do it for us,

Otis

Mansfield and Swindon screwing it up at home has just re adjusted lower the required play off points.

Will Mansfield get to 74 or 75 points now? That would mean 12 points from 5 games huge turn Aaron’s in form required.

We need 3 wins, should do it. Assuming Mansfield Win 4 out of 5.

If Mansfield lose at Colchester then 3 wins wil definitely do it for us,
Might find it tough at Colchester.

We have to get something out of the Crawley game next week.

Otis

Just checked and I think you mean Chesterfield. Mansfield play Chesterfield next weekend.

Londonccfcfan

Just checked and I think you mean Chesterfield. Mansfield play Chesterfield next weekend.
Apologies meant say Stevenage away. Will be a tough game. They won at Newport. And will be a very tough for Mansfield considering their run.

Mucca Mad Boys

Autos are out of reach, our saving grace has been the poor form of our rivals. It’s games like this where it’s abundantly clear we miss the likes of Jodi Jones in our team. Unfortunately, we’ve just not been able to replace him — the kind of player that tipped the balance between us and the likes of Luton, Notts County and Exeter in our favour.

Regardless of our league position, I think we need to invest in at least one new winger — we just don’t have a viable option on that right hand side whatsoever!

Let’s try to finish strong now for the playoffs!

PUSB!

Otis

Apologies meant say Stevenage away. Will be a tough game. They won at Newport. And will be a very tough for Mansfield considering their run.
I think Chesterfield could prove a tough game too. Local derby and Chesterfield absolutely desperate for points.

Users who are viewing this thread