Match Thread Coventry City at Forest Green Rovers Match Thread - Saturday 3rd Feb (1 Viewer)

Johhny Blue

Forest Green have lost 8 of their last 10 games but have won their last 2 games at home, albeit against bottom half teams:
View attachment 8995

They're unbeaten at home against all their relegation rivals but have lost to every team they've played in the top half of the table, failing to score in 6 of the 8 games highlighted:
View attachment 8996

In terms of goal margins, their results are mostly tight - 11 of their 15 home matches settled by 2 goals or less with only newport giving them a 0-4 thrashing
View attachment 8997
Their defence has been leaky, conceding at least one goal in 87% of their home matches and have conceded the opening goal in 77% of their matches. All that said, they have signed a whole new team in January and with Rueben Reid and Doidge up front there is always going to be danger. I think our best chance will be to get in front early so that they have to attack. They are particularly vulnerable in the first 15 minutes:
View attachment 8998

I'm going to go for an uncomfortable 0-2 with a long period of time between the 2 goals.
Love your stats but there's one glaring error. They have beaten ONE of the top teams

Last edited:

Nick

Administrator
There are some decent flat caps going on in the away end

giphy.gif

Nick

Administrator
I've put the Radio on normally and iFollow, although I am not sure I am going to be able to cope with the time delay so will turn the radio off.

It's a good minute in between!

Players out now!

Nick

Administrator
Barrett breaks his neck to keep the ball in, but passes it straight to them.

Reminded me of Conor Thomas at Bradford away when he backheeled it to keep it in for no reason.

Nick

Administrator
Barrett could have shot a couple of times but tried to do too much on the edge of the area. :(

Nick

Administrator
Barrett found by Bayliss (I think), cuts inside with a good shot, keeper parries it

Easy save really but good position he found himself in

Yep was a great ball from bayliss on his left foot.

Good position to get in, 1 out of 3 of those I think he will score.

Nick

Administrator
They counter attack with pace, get a shot off which is saved and then a scramble and luckily their player is offside. Worrying that they will come at us like that.

Users who are viewing this thread