Match Thread Coventry City at Colchester United Match Thread - Tuesday 13th Feb (1 Viewer)

skybluetony176

No suicide mob. Just people that believe that 9 points off automatic promotion is unacceptable for a club with the resources that we have, compared to other clubs in our division.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Managers of teams above us either receive financial support from the clubs owners or have been given time to build. The owners don’t want to support the manager and fans don’t want to give him the time to build. Managers above us for the most part have been in the job for 2+ years, you don’t want to give Robins 12 months.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

On the brighter side of things... with all the teams top of the conference possibly not coming up because of ground issues - Fylde could get promoted!

Blackpool piss up booked in! downside is so could tranmere - that’s 6 dropped points before we start

covmark

Managers of teams above us either receive financial support from the clubs owners or have been given time to build. The owners don’t want to support the manager and fans don’t want to give him the time to build. Managers above us for the most part have been in the job for 2+ years.
Do you believe that all the club's above us have more financial clout than us?

RoboCCFC90

Where do we start..

I must admit I wasn’t there tonight, although I did see the incident for the penalty that was given and thought it was extremely soft, but ultimately if you’re going to put your hands on someone in the box, then this is what is likely to happen in this day and age.

When I saw us get back into it, i thought there was only one winner, but it appears there was a reluctance from Mark Robins to bring on attacking changes, such as Reid, Haynes, etc, this has been one of my issues with Mark Robins since his first spell, in that he makes substitutions way too late or not at all.

A lot of people on social media have said Stokes was at fault for their second goal (which I haven’t seen yet) which if this is the case just emphasises what I’ve been saying for weeks, which is Stokes needs dropping as he has looked poor defensively.

It’s by no means the end of the season, but you’d have to say that the automatic positions are away from us now.. We need to attack every game like we did after Bayliss’ goal tonight and get points on the board as this team is in danger of slipping out of contention and the season flying past us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tommo72

Pressure will be on after this Saturday too with us playing in the cup....the gap is likely to increase although some of the top teams play each other.

It remains entirely in our own hands...but we have to beat Mansfield and Lincoln in my opinion...with a point at Wycombe.

It is fair to say that our season really could be over in a week after playing those three...

Hopefully Doyle and Grimmer will be back in ten days.

Otis

It's hardly "season over" though is it. 3 points from play-offs, 14 regular season games to go. Even if we get play-offs but don't go up, that's not "season over". Promotion isn't the "be all and end all" this time
No, it most certainly isn't over. If we lose the next three then I think it will be.

There is still time to change things round.

The Lurker

Pressure will be on after this Saturday too with us playing in the cup....the gap is likely to increase although some of the top teams play each other.

It remains entirely in our own hands...but we have to beat Mansfield and Lincoln in my opinion...

Hopefully Doyle and Grimmer will be back in ten days.

Remains in our hands? How do you work that out? We now need results to go in our favour. We are a team who too predictable with no plan b. Teams know our game plan and can set up against us. Colchester who not long back we’re bottom half are now on the same points as us.

Tommo72

Remains in our hands? How do you work that out? We now need results to go in our favour. We are a team who too predictable with no plan b. Teams know our game plan and can set up against us. Colchester who not long back we’re bottom half are now on the same points as us.

It’s completely in our hands to get into the playoffs?

oucho

On the brighter side of things... with all the teams top of the conference possibly not coming up because of ground issues - Fylde could get promoted!

Blackpool piss up booked in! downside is so could tranmere - that’s 6 dropped points before we start

Nah, 4 of the top 5 are ex league grounds so no problem there. Sutton is the exception but their ground is better than some in this league like Accrington.

davebart

One thing is certain. We have to get promotion this season. We all know exactly what will happen if we don't.
Robins was given funds at the start of the season. He has had bad luck with injuries to critical players but that is when a manager really shows their worth.
Unfortunately teams often have a downturn in form after they get knocked out of the cup so I am not encouraged, but as others have said there is still time, and to be fair few of the teams above us are pulling up trees. They are all liable to a dodgy defeat.

skybluetony176

Do you believe that all the club's above us have more financial clout than us?

It’s bigger than budget. If it wasn’t Portsmouth would have got out of this league first time of asking. I suspect that maybe four teams above us have a bigger budget than us but even then three of them have given the manager time to build. The ones that haven’t got a bigger budget have supportive, non invisible, non zombie owners who support the manager in more ways than budget.

Nick

Administrator
It’s bigger than budget. If it wasn’t Portsmouth would have got out of this league first time of asking. I suspect that maybe four teams above us have a bigger budget than us but even then three of them have given the manager time to build. The ones that haven’t got a bigger budget have supportive, non invisible, non zombie owners who support the manager in more ways than budget.
It's all well and good saying it every time somebody points out the manager making mistakes but what excuses are there for tonight? What excuses are there for playing for draws?

Does the manager need support as to how to win games? Seems like without Doyle and Taylor he is lost.

oucho

Managers of teams above us either receive financial support from the clubs owners or have been given time to build. The owners don’t want to support the manager and fans don’t want to give him the time to build. Managers above us for the most part have been in the job for 2+ years, you don’t want to give Robins 12 months.

It's not Sisu's fault we lost tonight. Joy and Tom are guilty of many things but they didn't order Liam Kelly to pass to the opposition for 45 minutes.

stupot07

Baker isn’t the answer to our problems. He shouldn’t be offered a contract anyway with 14 games to go as he hasn’t played all year.
He said on Saturday that he's still 4 weeks away from being able to start running. He's a write off this season.

skybluetony176

It's all well and good saying it every time somebody points out the manager making mistakes but what excuses are there for tonight? What excuses are there for playing for draws?

Does the manager need support as to how to win games? Seems like without Doyle and Taylor he is lost.

He wasn’t losing games in January. Are you saying he’s lost his way? Who does he get guidance from? If he has lost his way after Xmas why does this pattern keep repeating? Pressley, Mowbray now Robins. Why? Do they all “hate” CCFC? Maybe someone keeps employing managers who “hates” the club so they can have a big joke at our expense of building our hopes then dashing them because they hate the clubs.

SkyBlueSoul

The only positive from tonight was my Spanish housemate watching me bang my head on the table after their 2nd goal, me explaining it was the 88th minute and him saying "Ahhh man, I'm sorry, I know how you feel!"

He is a Barcelona fan. If ever there was anyone who couldn't relate to how I was feeling when it comes to football...

skybluepm2

Back at the hotel in Colchester now after another thoroughly disappointing away performance. Should only have been winner after we’d equalised, but we managed to fuck it up in true Sky Blue fashion.

Truly awful journey, taking 3 hours to get to the ground from Hayes, Wigan cost me £900 on an accumulator so feeling well and truly deflated right now after an almighty kick in the bollocks. At least trips to Brighton, Wycombe and Mansfield in the next week will get me back on track (why do I do it to myself?).

skybluetony176

Robins signed about 12 players in the summer but he wasn't given enough support? Not SISU fault he signed utter shite.
It’s SISU’s fault we’re in league 2 they have through neglect and incompetence created an environment for failure. Robins has to overcome that as well as overcome frailties on the pitch. How many other managers have to deal with that who are above us.

Nick

Administrator
He wasn’t losing games in January. Are you saying he’s lost his way? Who does he get guidance from? If he has lost his way after Xmas why does this pattern keep repeating? Pressley, Mowbray now Robins. Why? Do they all “hate” CCFC? Maybe someone keeps employing managers who “hates” the club so they can have a big joke at our expense of building our hopes then dashing them because they hate the clubs.
What do you think of his decisions tonight?

skybluepm2

Just watched the highlights back... catalogue of errors. Vincenti should’ve been stronger in the tackle and put him in the stands. Stokes missed header led to their player putting in a peach of a cross but poor marking from either one or both of Hyam and McDonald led to a free header which Burge got nowhere near but could arguably have saved.

Season not quite over but it’s becoming increasingly difficult. To lose this many games to such poor sides is shocking, but we also have a lot of winnable games coming up. Keep the faith, however hard that may be right now.

ccfcway

Poor again tonight. 2nd half was better than first but nothing to write home about. Plenty of games left to claw back 3 points, but the old away form and not scoring enough goals is haunting us.

Hobo

Robins signed about 12 players in the summer but he wasn't given enough support? Not SISU fault he signed utter shite.

Why did he have to sign 12 players? Quantity doesn't mean support or budget.

Otis

Plus we didn't sell the crown jewels in January. A lot of us were half expecting McNulty, Willis and Bayliss to go.

higgs

What's happened to concrete rod is he the same player?

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Not been the same since he came back from injury.

Same as Kelly. Although Kelly wasn’t as effective pre injury, he’s been woeful since coming back into the side. Guessing he might have been rushed back to allow us to give Doyle a break as it seems he too was playing through injury?

As for Rod, he seems to be great in the air but isn’t as mobile as let’s say Willis, or even Hyam, who interestingly I thought actually didn’t have a bad game tonight, considering. Still surprises me that he was announced as a backup signing in the summer. Always looked decent when I’ve seen him play!

Users who are viewing this thread