Match Thread Coventry City at Cheltenham Town Match Thread - Saturday 28th Apr (2 Viewers)

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Mansfield's charwoman has launched a rallying cry. I expect them to win on Saturday and put the pressure on.

I feel there are some people that are taking our position for granted and don't realise the chance of us missing out on the playoffs is very real.

We need to get 3 points against Cheltenham.

Londonccfcfan

We'll lose.
Mansfield will win.

We drop to 8th and throw many, many toys out of the pram....

....keeps it interesting till we seal a PO spot with our stunning victory on the final day.....

In your scenario WE will need to beat Morecambe by 6 goals at least.

Let's get one thing straight. We lose Saturday and Mansfield win. It's OVER.

jimmyhillsfanclub

You're assuming Mansfield win on the final day too......my post didn't make that assumption.......

.....besides, we've scored 6 on the last home game before :)

Otis

Except for there's Lincoln too of course.

Likely they will lose on Saturday against Accrington.

Would then need Yeovil to do a Coventry City on them the following week.

Londonccfcfan

You're assuming Mansfield win on the final day too......my post didn't make that assumption.......

.....besides, we've scored 6 on the last home game before :)

Mansfield. Will win their last 2 games. They absolutely battered port vale at home their last game. Port vale had one shot last minute and got undeserved equaliser. That should have been our warning call.

Londonccfcfan

Except for there's Lincoln too of course.

Likely they will lose on Saturday against Accrington.

Would then need Yeovil to do a Coventry City on them the following week.

Basically otis. Sod Lincoln. Will feel even worse if we lose on Saturday knowing Lincoln lost. Knowing we fucked up another gift horse!

Londonccfcfan

and we battered stevenage - 1 game means nothing. In fact drawing may have hurt them even more
We didn't batter Stevenage. We should have won. 5/6 or 7 to 1.

Disgraceful second half performance which will bite us in the bum big time. Still fucking furious about the non event 2nd half.

Otis

Lincoln are the least of our problems.
How so? If you are concerned about Mansfield we need to be looking at Lincoln, who could very well lose away against Accrington on Saturday.

We CAN catch Lincoln, so I would think that should very much be on our radar too.

Londonccfcfan

If you are expecting Mansfield to win their last two games because they drew with Port Vale 1-1 then you are deluded.

Nope I’m basing my judgement on their season as a whole. Ffs they are only 3 points behind us with a better goal difference. And they scored more goals. And they lost 5 games fewer.

Your deluded if you think they can’t win 2 easy games on paper against teams with nothing to play for. And this from a team that was favourites for automatics most of the season. Unbeaten in their last 3 games.

You got enough reasons there, so pull your head out the sand.

Actually they can afford to lose one if we lose to cheltenham. So they may only need to win one more game. (If we lose 2).

Londonccfcfan

How so? If you are concerned about Mansfield we need to be looking at Lincoln, who could very well lose away against Accrington on Saturday.

We CAN catch Lincoln, so I would think that should very much be on our radar too.

What you on about now Otis. Even if they lose to Accrington, and we beat Cheltenham they still above us? Lol.

All I’m saying to you is I’m more concerned about Mansfield. Besides they still looking at automatics like we would have been if we beat them 4-2.

rob9872

I think we'll win Saturday, but I'd take a draw now. If we know going into the last game that we need to beat Morecombe at home for a place in the play-offs and fall short of a victory, then quite frankly we don't deserve to be in there. A draw keeps it in our own hands and if anything might take the complacency away. Win Saturday and assuming that Mansfield do too, then I'd hate us to set up looking for a draw because you just know how that will end up!

Londonccfcfan

I think we'll win Saturday, but I'd take a draw now. If we know going into the last game that we need to beat Morecombe at home for a place in the play-offs and fall short of a victory, then quite frankly we don't deserve to be in there. A draw keeps it in our own hands and if anything might take the complacency away. Win Saturday and assuming that Mansfield do too, then I'd hate us to set up looking for a draw because you just know how that will end up!
RIP your hand off for A Draw.

Then if we can’t beat Morecambe at home. ( hopefully they safe from relegation) then really you gotta say we don’t deserve it.

Like you I think il win. And will be firmly looking at Yeovil to do us A big favour.

Tommo72

Nope I’m basing my judgement on their season as a whole. Ffs they are only 3 points behind us with a better goal difference. And they scored more goals. And they lost 5 games fewer.

Your deluded if you think they can’t win 2 easy games on paper against teams with nothing to play for. And this from a team that was favourites for automatics most of the season. Unbeaten in their last 3 games.

You got enough reasons there, so pull your head out the sand.

Actually they can afford to lose one if we lose to cheltenham. So they may only need to win one more game. (If we lose 2).

Utter nonsense.

Forget the season, it comes down to trends and form and their form is shocking so no I don’t expect them to get 6 pts.

One win in the last ten games - go figure.

Any team can win at any point but your rationale is dog shit.

Londonccfcfan

Utter nonsense.

Forget the season, it comes down to trends and form and their form is shocking so no I don’t expect them to get 6 pts.

Forget the season? Yes let’s discount this season. Lol

Hmmm..that’s why everyone is so nervous. In that case let’s all relax we have nothing to fear from them.

I wish I was as confident as you. If I was As yconfident as you put your money where your mouth is.

In any case I hope really hope right. Our result on Tuesday has given them a huge shot in the arm.

Londonccfcfan

Utter nonsense.

Ok let’s talk form then. Let’s take last 5 games.

Mansfield are in better form than Yeovil. Yeovil haven’t won since they beat us. DLLLD that’s shocking form.

Londonccfcfan

Utter nonsense.

Footstats - Form

Unlike what some fools think.

Mansfield are in better form than . Yeovil and Crawley.

Wether you look at it over , 3, , 5,6 or 10 games.

Who’s talking dogs shit fool. Talk facts.

lifeskyblue

We have to ‘expect’ Mansfield to win both games and therefore we need to ensure we go out to win both (yes I know we need 4 points but we can’t afford to play for a draw in either).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Londonccfcfan

We have to ‘expect’ Mansfield to win both games and therefore we need to ensure we go out to win both (yes I know we need 4 points but we can’t afford to play for a draw in either).

Correct.

I’m actually shocked that Mansfield are playing 2 teams with the worst form in the league.

Makes our Yeovil defeat actually look even worse.

sylus

Mansfield players are being told to play like there lives depend on it,they know how poor we played on Tuesday and with us the only side they can realistically catch,they see us as a weak link,nothing to lose now,go for it, and of course with us being edgy and nervy,we need to go for it,i'd rather have a go than wimper out,it is still in our own hands and Mansfield would like to be in our position,so lets not waste this final opportunity and end this once and for all

Last edited:

lifeskyblue

Correct.

I’m actually shocked that Mansfield are playing 2 teams with the worst form in the league.

Makes our Yeovil defeat actually look even worse.

The Yeovil defeat was disaster ours...not just the score line but it busted the myth about our solid defence and means no one is scared about playing us. Lincoln found it easy to penetrate the back four by using rhead to bully the full backs and pull McDonald all over the place. They then managed the game second half in the knowledge that our attack has been all season unlikely to score more than the two we already had

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

There is some worrying shit being said on this thread. I feel like I'm in the minority who thinks there is a genuine chance we won't finish in the playoffs.

Who's going to want it more?

1) Mansfield wanting to win both games.
2) Morecambe wanting to not get relegated.
3) Coventry wanting to 'get a draw' at Cheltenham and then wait to try and get the win against Morcambe.

There is one loser out of this and that's us. We are massive bottle jobs.

We need go and beat Cheltenham otherwise we are in trouble.

Users who are viewing this thread