Match Thread Coventry City at Cheltenham Town Match Thread - Saturday 28th Apr (1 Viewer)

steve82

Good to see the rock that is Tom Davies come back in and look solid.
Such a shame he broke his collar bone back at Forest Green.

No nonsense warrior who sticks his head where it hurts and clears the ball.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

thekidfromstrettoncamp

Mate you said there were no goals in the team that scored 6 away from home. Eat your words
Didn't say there were no goals in the team in fact I point out 3 players who have scored 1 goals less than in less game time than our 2nd striker I pointed out that Ponticelli scored his 3 times as quick as Max. Only 1 team above us has scored less goals than us Exeter and their 4th top scorer left them half way through the season having scored 7 in less games and went on to equal Max's tally and assists in far less games at Forest Green . (Reuben Reid)

Last edited:

Warwickhunt

yes but a 4-3 loss for us and 1-0 Mansfield win would see us in the playoffs
Lincoln beating us 4 -2 probably did not help their cause as I felt from the comments post match they thought it was a formality and city and Mansfield winning has upset their rythm and may struggle to pick it up and go again

Great_Expectations

I’m a little late to the party, but what an absolutely fantastic result.

That sort of performance was needed and the players did not let us down. They owed us after Tuesday.

Fair play to MR as he obviously had them motivated. It was also a big call to drop JCH, who I imagine would not have reacted well, and to completely drop McDonald.

It is now firmly in our hands, but we are Coventry, so I will not be getting too excited until 17:00 next Saturday. Although I may have already booked in WFH days or out of the office meetings around the play off semi final days, just to ensure absolute flexibility....

letsallsingtogether

I’m a little late to the party, but what an absolutely fantastic result.

That sort of performance was needed and the players did not let us down. They owed us after Tuesday.

Fair play to MR as he obviously had them motivated. It was also a big call to drop JCH, who I imagine would not have reacted well, and to completely drop McDonald.

It is now firmly in our hands, but we are Coventry, so I will not be getting too excited until 17:00 next Saturday. Although I may have already booked in WFH days or out of the office meetings around the play off semi final days, just to ensure absolute flexibility....
We have booked our Wembley hotels free cancelation obviously.

Esoterica

Didn't say there were no goals in the team in fact I point out 3 players who have scored 1 goals less than in less game time than our 2nd striker I pointed out that Ponticelli scored his 3 times as quick as Max. Only 1 team above us has scored less goals than us Exeter and their 4th top scorer left them half way through the season having scored 7 in less games and went on to equal Max's tally and assists in far less games at Forest Green . (Reuben Reid)
You did suggest that we didn't want to win because we had started Biamou though.
Just found out Max Biamou plays why? Don't they want to win?
and then we produced the best away result of any team in L2 this season to which he contributed a wonder goal and an assist. You've now shifted your goalposts to some drivel on 2nd strikers and goals scored for the season.
Our 2nd striker has not been Biamou, it has been a combination of Beavon, Nazon, Biamou, Ponticelli or JCH. They have 23 goals between them for the season to McNulty's 24.
In 2018, there have been 20 matches: Exeter and Notts County scored 28, Wycombe scored 34, Luton scored 36, we have scored 37, Accrington 38. Since we stopped regularly using 2 defensive midfielders our goals scored have gone through the roof and has only been bettered this year by the run away league leaders. Biamou has contributed 1 in every 2 games (1 in 188 minutes to be exact, as per @steve82 's calculation) during that period.

I suppose you are still standing by Kelly being a bad signing too?

Liquid Gold

You did suggest that we didn't want to win because we had started Biamou though.

and then we produced the best away result of any team in L2 this season to which he contributed a wonder goal and an assist. You've now shifted your goalposts to some drivel on 2nd strikers and goals scored for the season.
Our 2nd striker has not been Biamou, it has been a combination of Beavon, Nazon, Biamou, Ponticelli or JCH. They have 23 goals between them for the season to McNulty's 24.
In 2018, there have been 20 matches: Exeter and Notts County scored 28, Wycombe scored 34, Luton scored 36, we have scored 37, Accrington 38. Since we stopped regularly using 2 defensive midfielders our goals scored have gone through the roof and has only been bettered this year by the run away league leaders. Biamou has contributed 1 in every 2 games (1 in 188 minutes to be exact, as per @steve82 's calculation) during that period.

I suppose you are still standing by Kelly being a bad signing too?
the kid now belongs to esoterica

Tommo72

Not sure if this has been mentioned but Cheltenham officially recorded 1541 away fans but we were only sold 1345 tickets? Have I missed something here because the official CCFC also said on Saturday that 1500 has been sold?

Cavan O'Doherty

Not sure if this has been mentioned but Cheltenham officially recorded 1541 away fans but we were only sold 1345 tickets? Have I missed something here because the official CCFC also said on Saturday that 1500 has been sold?
They said that the letter that they received from Cheltenham said that there was 1300, but when they counted them there was 1500.

Users who are viewing this thread