Match Thread Coventry City at Cheltenham Town Match Thread - Saturday 28th Apr (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Discuss the Coventry City at Cheltenham Town match, tactics and predictions :)

Otis

2-1 defeat, but a much better performance and Robins will thank all the players for their effort.

Luckily, Mansfield will lose too and we spend the evening celebrating our ineptitude.

torchomatic

Otis

Absolutely. We should all shrug our shoulders and give up. When the going gets tough...
Maybe we can write to the league and get the last two matches just written off and then obviously write subsequent letters to Cheltenham Town and then Barnet, who may well have preferred us to play against Morecambe if the truth be known.

standupforcity

Absolutely. We should all shrug our shoulders and give up. When the going gets tough...
That's not what I'm saying...what I'm saying is , what's the point of the thread! We all say the same thing every week. Ok so I'm pissed off with what happened last night, and it's hard to know what say with any real enthusiasm at the moment.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

I think we need to take some of the car crash players out of the team. A little bold, but:

LOB
DKE Davies Willis Stokes
Biamou Kelly Doyle Reid
JCH McNulty

Burge, Grimmer, Haynes and ROD have been worryingly shit recently. DKE is picked because Grimmer has been shocking. He has gotten away with it up until yesterday as a lot of people have been on a constant Burge and Haynes bash.

Biamou works hard, and whilst he won't score goals, is a good a option as anyone on the RM position. Reid can be flaky interest-wise, but can be a real threat and now it is the business end, might see the shop window as an opportunity. The wings will be more dangerous with those two.

Bayliss apart from the goal looked sloppy and he's a pussy like Shipley, so they go. The striker pair need to be played in the middle. McNulty on the wing was a bonehead move.

ccfc_ukr

Problem with the above is, if the team as you suggest plays as shit as last nights, then you only have the crap that was replaced sat on the bench to make any impact as subs! But then again the subs yesterday didnt exactly do much in the opposite direction!

Roll on end of the season... this isn't much fun at all! :-(

Otis

Problem with the above is, if the team as you suggest plays as shit as last nights, then you only have the crap that was replaced sat on the bench to make any impact as subs! But then again the subs yesterday didnt exactly do much in the opposite direction!

Roll on end of the season... this isn't much fun at all! :-(
Yet, it should be. We have never really got any true momentum. It's all been hit and miss, win 2 lose 1 etc.

We can be very good or totally crap and it waivers at the drop of a hat.

We really should be enjoying this season considering where we are, but it's been very frustrating at times.

oucho

2-1 defeat, but a much better performance and Robins will thank all the players for their effort.

Trying not to tempt fate, or just ingrained pessimism?

I think we'll draw and see Mansfield draw also.

Gazolba

I think what's happened is the other teams have sussed out our weaknesses.
They are plenty of them and they are pretty obvious.
Cheltenham and Morecambe will be looking at the tapes of the Yeovil and Lincoln games.
We better start doing something different if we want anything out of the remaining games.
And I wouldn't put it past Mansfield to come good in their last two games.

Kingokings204

Would anyone take a draw? Means we are 7th going in to the last game certain.

I think I would

skybluepm2

Ingrained pessimism. Have watched the City far too long.

We always build ourselves up only to crumble and fall.

To fail now would be as gutting - or even more so - than the Mowbray cock up. At least then we could see the inevitable nose-dive from January onwards back then (although to be fair that was for promotion back to the Championship and not to League 1 as is the case now).

Every time we have accepted failure this year, the little blighters pick up form from nowherex go on a mini run and get us all giddy with excitement again before bringing us crashing back down to earth.

Failure to even make the play-offs at this stage woukd make me completely regret renewing my season ticket for next season!

CV22SBA

I think we need to take some of the car crash players out of the team. A little bold, but:

LOB
DKE Davies Willis Stokes
Biamou Kelly Doyle Reid
JCH McNulty

Burge, Grimmer, Haynes and ROD have been worryingly shit recently. DKE is picked because Grimmer has been shocking. He has gotten away with it up until yesterday as a lot of people have been on a constant Burge and Haynes bash.

Biamou works hard, and whilst he won't score goals, is a good a option as anyone on the RM position. Reid can be flaky interest-wise, but can be a real threat and now it is the business end, might see the shop window as an opportunity. The wings will be more dangerous with those two.

Bayliss apart from the goal looked sloppy and he's a pussy like Shipley, so they go. The striker pair need to be played in the middle. McNulty on the wing was a bonehead move.
DKE is just as bad as Haynes & Grimmer. The full back position is a real problem for us. I’d actually play 3 at the back (Davies/Willis/Stokes) then pack the midfield with Kelly playing deep

Otis

DKE is just as bad as Haynes & Grimmer. The full back position is a real problem for us. I’d actually play 3 at the back (Davies/Willis/Stokes) then pack the midfield with Kelly playing deep
Right back, left back and right midfield.

Londonccfcfan

Would anyone take a draw? Means we are 7th going in to the last game certain.

I think I would

I’m there for this. Could be celebrating long into the night of results go our way.

Yes of course we would take a Draw, I think I’d take a Draw. Lose and it’s no longer in our hands and Mansfield will be in box seat.

But I hope he sets up for a win.

If we draw and Mansfield then play offs are certain. So for me get a Draw at least and it’s still in our hands then all we have to do is beat beat Morecambe. Another team with a striker that bullied our defence.

Saying that I think we can win (hopefully confidence hasn’t been hit too hard)

3-2 Win. Pusb

Adge

It’s a sad state of affairs and shows the league up for what it is when a team (us) can lose a third of its games and still be in with a shout. Having said that, we need to get out of this league or we’ll be stuck here for some time.

Otis

I’m there for this. Could be celebrating long into the night of results go our way.

Yes of course we would take a Draw, I think I’d take a Draw. Lose and it’s no longer in our hands and Mansfield will be in box seat.

If we draw and Mansfield then play offs are certain. So for me get a Draw at least and it’s still in our hands then all we have to do is beat beat Morecambe. Another team with a striker that bullied our defence.

3-2 Win. Pusb
If we lose Mansfield COULD be interested he box seat. There is no guarantee Mansfield will win.

Could quite conceivably be...

We lose/Mansfield lose

We lose/Mansfield draw

We draw/Mansfield win

Under none of those scenarios would Mansfield be in the box seat.

Otis

It’s a sad state of affairs and shows the league up for what it is when a team (us) can lose a third of its games and still be in with a shout. Having said that, we need to get out of this league or we’ll be stuck here for some time.
I said pre-season that I thought we would lose less than 10 games throughout the season.

Well, here we are on 15 losses and still two games to play.

We have the most losses out of all of the top 8.

Some of those losses have been shambolic.

ccfc_ukr

Yet, it should be. We have never really got any true momentum. It's all been hit and miss, win 2 lose 1 etc.

We can be very good or totally crap and it waivers at the drop of a hat.

We really should be enjoying this season considering where we are, but it's been very frustrating at times.

totally agree, it would be nice to be sorting logistics for playoffs rather than frantically getting up to speed with Mansfield's season! But hey ho, we are City fans after all!

Otis

As I said before, just wear some red and white and maybe buy a Cheltenham pin badge on the way into the ground.

Tommo72

As I said before, just wear some red and white and maybe buy a Cheltenham pin badge on the way into the ground.

Tbh Otis I’d imagine there will be more than a handful and emotions will run high especially if we win etc.

Amcoventry

We will win! Keep up the faith!

And when I follow it on this thread hope for some commentary on the game rather than constant comment on the officials

Nick

Administrator
I can see him dropping a couple from Tuesday night.

The defence is a tricky one but I'd go with Willis / Davies.

I would say bring Stokes in but if they still play pacey wingers he might get run ragged.

covcity4life

3-2 Win. Pusb

we need to see signs of life. no point limping into playoffs with tiny chance of promotion

go into it being dominant and confident of success

p.s i sent you a pm

Otis

I can see him dropping a couple from Tuesday night.

The defence is a tricky one but I'd go with Willis / Davies.

I would say bring Stokes in but if they still play pacey wingers he might get run ragged.
Agree. If we are facing a lot of pace it needs to be Willis, McDonald and Haynes.

I think Davies is better than Rod, but he is not as quick and Stokes is slow.

jimmyhillsfanclub

We'll lose.
Mansfield will win.

We drop to 8th and throw many, many toys out of the pram....

....keeps it interesting till we seal a PO spot with our stunning victory on the final day.....

Users who are viewing this thread