Match Thread Coventry City at Blackpool Match Thread - Tuesday 21st Aug (1 Viewer)

djr8369

I thought we were very good against Scunthorpe for quite large portions of the game. We weren't that bad against Plymouth either. Not great at all, but not that bad.

Seemingly we have saved our awful performances for our away matches.

I agree but that good build up play went out the window tonight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

skybluepm2

Not a bad interview from our Geoff (aside from the weird question about O’Brien ‘wanting the 2 goals back’. What was that about?!).

Honest from Robins, still doesn’t mask the horror show we’ve just witnessed.

Ash

Horrendous. Really concerned that there seemed to be no urgency from anyone tonight, Hyam being the only one to at least try and drive the team forwards and he’s a centre half FFS.

Thomas had some nice touches, seemed as if he could have made things happen but everyone around him seemed about a minute behind. Bakayoko, what’s the fucking point of him? Bayliss completely marked out of the game, didn’t get a sniff. Ogogo fouls and gives the ball away far too much for a CM, can’t remember anything positive he did for the entire game.

Honestly not impressed with any of the new signings, Sterling being the worst of the lot, I know he’s only 18 abd without any first team football experience but why continuously stick him in the side ahead of Grimmer every week when it’s clearly not working?!

Don’t know what Robins is doing at the moment. Formation and system are not working, honestly can’t fathom what he’s trying. As others have said, why is he tearing everything up that worked so well last season? We found a formula that worked effectively, particularly towards the end, and he’s gone completely against it and is now deciding that lumping it long to a lone striker is the answer. We never looked like scoring all night, absolutely pathetic. He needs to sort it out, and fast otherwise we could quickly start looking like relegation fodder!

sw88

Chief Commentator!
‘Bakayoko looked lost out there tonight. I hope I don’t see that side of his attitude again’. Jesus.

I listened in the end.

What concerns me is how Robins says stuff like ‘I don’t know him well enough yet’. How long does it take for a manager to take to get to know a player?

More talk that tells me there is a much bigger void between the manager and the recruitment guys than previously!

Nick

Administrator
Think the quote was ‘Bakayoko looked like he was playing with no thought at all, don’t know him and his personality that well yet but I hope I done see that side of it again’

Robins said that? Is he not worried his new signing clearly doesn't have faith? He can be added to the list with another one of them that is already having issues.

Said after Oxford Biamou was pissed off and gesturing to the bench.

Does Robins bother turning up to training? I feel as if the fans know more about his players than he does.

skybluepm2

Was that MR? If so, my faith has gone in him along with the players it seems.

Yeah. Strange comments. Sort of said ‘I don’t know him or his personality but I don’t want to see that side of his attitude again!’ Was in response to Geoff’s question about the numerous offsides which I’m glad he asked. From memory, Robins said something along the lines of ‘it looked like it was his first time playing out there tonight’. Bizarre.

Grendel

djr8369

Think the quote was ‘Bakayoko looked like he was playing with no thought at all, don’t know him and his personality that well yet but I hope I don’t see that side of it again’

People were lumping the ball to him and he did his best to win knock ons which nobody was there to collect. What does MR want from him? This makes me think something is already wrong in the dressing room.

Nick

Administrator
Yeah. Strange comments. Sort of said ‘I don’t know him or his personality but I don’t want to see that side of his attitude again!’ Was in response to Geoff’s question about the numerous offsides which I’m glad he asked. From memory, Robins said something along the lines of ‘it looked like it was his first time playing out there tonight’. Bizarre.

Did Robins not notice that the only service he got was aimless long balls?

I am a bit worried. It sounds like he is losing the dressing room and the players belief.

johnwillomagic

I think we have to go 4-4-2 next game - Try to pick as strong a side physically and mentally as possible.
I would go with the following.

GK: Burge
RB: Willis if Davies fit (if not Grimmer)
CB: Hyam
CB: Davies
LB: Brown
DCM: Doyle (Last Chance as Skipper)
ACM: Andreu
RM: Bayliss
LM: Wright
CF: Hiwula
CF: JCH (Target man up front)

Subs: O'Brien, Grimmer, Mason, Ogogo, Sterling, Bakayoko or Biamou if fit, Ponticelli

speedie87

I think we have to go 4-4-2 next game - Try to pick as strong a side physically and mentally as possible.
I would go with the following.

GK: Burge
RB: Willis if Davies fit (if not Grimmer)
CB: Hyam
CB: Davies
LB: Brown
DCM: Doyle (Last Chance as Skipper)
ACM: Andreu
RM: Bayliss
LM: Wright
CF: Hiwula
CF: JCH (Target man up front)

Subs: O'Brien, Grimmer, Mason, Ogogo, Sterling, Bakayoko or Biamou if fit, Ponticelli

Who is Wright

Nick

Administrator
People were lumping the ball to him and he did his best to win knock ons which nobody was there to collect. What does MR want from him? This makes me think something is already wrong in the dressing room.

Totally agree.

Ash

Can we just take O’Brien out of the squad completely? I’d honestly rather have Addai on the bench!

Users who are viewing this thread