Match Thread Coventry City at Blackpool Match Thread - Tuesday 21st Aug (1 Viewer)

Brighton Sky Blue

In amongst this Blackpool were shite as well and were gifted both goals on a plate. Dodoo is so unfit he gave himself cramp converting his open goal...

Marty

I'm starting to think he doesn't have a say in the system either, Viveash seems to be running the show.

I thought this, but surely Robins has a bit of bottle about him and wouldn't allow it?

junglej13

Bakayoko was horrendous... But the formation is the main problem. Anyone would be pissed off being so isolated up there on their own. The obsession with the two holding men needs to stop. The three who end up playing behind the striker end up being lightweight midfielders or strikers out of position. I actually Hiwula has took a pretty harsh slating off supporters. He doesn't stand a chance in the formation.

As has been pointed out by many though Sterling looks like a rabbit in the headlights. Reminds me of why I hated Haynes, he looks like his perfect game would be to not touch the ball.

Skyblueweeman

Did Robins not notice that the only service he got was aimless long balls?

I am a bit worried. It sounds like he is losing the dressing room and the players belief.

In 4 games? I’d be surprised if he’s gone from hero to zero that quick.

Somethings not right but I’d be surprised if that’s the case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

djr8369

The issue with Sterling looks like lack of confidence rather than ability.

Nick

Administrator
In 4 games? I’d be surprised if he’s gone from hero to zero that quick.

Somethings not right but I’d be surprised if that’s the case.

I heard it about Brown before the season started, JCH after West Brom game.

djr8369

Bakayoko was horrendous... But the formation is the main problem. Anyone would be pissed off being so isolated up there on their own. The obsession with the two holding men needs to stop. The three who end up playing behind the striker end up being lightweight midfielders or strikers out of position. I actually Hiwula has took a pretty harsh slating off supporters. He doesn't stand a chance in the formation.

As has been pointed out by many though Sterling looks like a rabbit in the headlights. Reminds me of why I hated Haynes, he looks like his perfect game would be to not touch the ball.

I agree two holding men is probably part of the issue. Somehow the game seems to bypass them both most of the time but I think they’ve both looked good in flashes.

chiefdave

Beginning to wonder if there's something going on behind the scenes we don't know about. Robins doesn't seem keen on the players who have come in, which implies they weren't his choices, and its been said by his assistant that he doesn't like or have faith in the formation. So who is making all the decisions?

cc84cov

It was simple really,replace sparky and stick to 4-4-2 (keep momentum) he got lucky in his first spell with McGoldrick & in his second he got lucky with McNulty we just made 7th last season we should of been autos.Tactially I’ve also thought he was very poor.People can say what they want about 4-5 games in we will know more after 10 games but this isn’t gonna suddenly change we cannot score we have players here now who are just not upto the standard.Maybe try Biamou & JCH up too but what ever he does just change the bloody system FFS !!!

Otis

Beginning to wonder if there's something going on behind the scenes we don't know about. Robins doesn't seem keen on the players who have come in, which implies they weren't his choices, and its been said by his assistant that he doesn't like or have faith in the formation. So who is making all the decisions?
Does make you feel something isn't quite right doesn't it.

djr8369

Where was it said he doesn’t like the formation?

cc84cov

I'm starting to think he doesn't have a say in the system either, Viveash seems to be running the show.
You could be right on that Nick what Is the situation with Steve Taylor ? Something isn’t right 100%

Perryccfc

4 games in and Nick has forgotten all the good work Robins has done. Standard knee jerk comments from the complete helmet

Nick

Administrator
4 games in and Nick has forgotten all the good work Robins has done. Standard knee jerk comments from the complete helmet

What has been forgotten and what's knee jerk?

Funnily enough I said the same last season when people were saying McNulty was shit, funnily enough I was saying the same when we created fuck all last season and then he changed it to 4-4-2 and we did.

Sorry if you can't see 2 minutes into a game that a system isnt going to work, yet we try the same thing over and over. Lets just blame whoever gets the treat of playing up front stranded on their own.

I'm just pointing out the obvious, give it a few games of the same and you might see it as well.

The system doesn't work, Robins has no idea how to change things mid-game, the players don't look to believe in it.

Users who are viewing this thread