Match Thread Coventry City at Blackpool Match Thread - Tuesday 21st Aug (1 Viewer)

djr8369

After Saturday I thought the system and team were starting to click but no shots on targets tonight and the way we played is quite worrying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nick

Administrator
After Saturday I thought the system and team were starting to click but no shots on targets tonight and the way we played is quite worrying.

He changed all the players from that.

Bakayoko and Andreu linked up well on Saturday.

Otis

Viveash said Robins wasn't comfortable with a formation but he was.
Just guessing here, but could it be that Viveash does indeed prefer a system and the players prefer that system too, and that has Robins struggling to get them to play the system HE wants?

Londonccfcfan

This team looks gash. Robins has lost it. Ripped up everything that worked last season. We’ve offered nothing again. Played well for 20 minutes against Scunthorpe but that’s it all season so far. Basic mistakes.

Been saying it since I saw this team vs Wimbledon. Absolutely awfull! Yet every one keeps saying to me stop judging Bakayoko and Sterling etc

Fuck me...Wtf ..said it million times.wtf did Robins see in bakayoko.

There's a reason he scored 9 goals in 100 games for Walsall and was surplus to requirements! That too in a team that struggled for relegation last year!

On the positive side as soon as he came off Andreu and Hiwula looked good. Before that howler killed the game.

Nick

Administrator
Been saying it since I saw this team vs Wimbledon. Absolutely awfull! Yet every one keeps saying to me stop judging Bakayoko and Sterling etc

There's a reason he scored 9 goals in 100 games for Walsall and was surplus to requirements! That too in a team that struggled for relegation last year!

On the positive side as soon as he came off Andreu and Hiwula looked good. Before that howler killed the game.

It was obvious within the first 5 minutes Bakayoko isn't a target man when we played Wimbledon, we still just persisted in hoofing it forward to him stood on his own with nobody around.

Londonccfcfan

It was obvious within the first 5 minutes Bakayoko isn't a target man when we played Wimbledon, we still just persisted in hoofing it forward to him stood on his own with nobody around.

Stop going on about that he's not a target man.

He's nothing full stop. You have to be mobile and want the ball even if played to feet. His first touch is awfull. Can't win a header. Can't hold the ball up. Cant score goals.

fernandopartridge

People were lumping the ball to him and he did his best to win knock ons which nobody was there to collect. What does MR want from him? This makes me think something is already wrong in the dressing room.

He wants movement, he wants a striker to offer himself. Pull defenders about, do all the fucking things a decent striker does. Not hang around then get caught offside like that utter clown did tonight.

fernandopartridge

Did Robins not notice that the only service he got was aimless long balls?

I am a bit worried. It sounds like he is losing the dressing room and the players belief.
He got long balls as he didn't offer himself for anything else. You should think about the game a bit more and why things happen.

Nick

Administrator
He got long balls as he didn't offer himself for anything else. You should think about the game a bit more and why things happen.

He was stood with 3 defenders on him for most of the game as nobody else was around. Nobody was even looking up most of the time to see who was there, it was just head down and hammer it forward.

It was the same against Oxford although he showed a different attitude completely. He was chasing down, closing down defenders and was everywhere and he got dragged off at half time.

Otis

All his signings been awfull. Ogogu is only half decent at this level.
Been awful so far.

Have we learned nothing from the McNulty saga? He really struggled at the start of the season last year and looked like he wasn't even capable of getting 8, let alone 28.

Sterling hasn't been great and nor have Bakayoko, Browne., but lots of these players came with glowing reports (Sterling, Ogogu, Browne, Hiwula).

Players are not playing well, but we can't dismiss players as being crap after just 4 league games can we?

JulianDarbyFTW

Been awful so far.

Have we learned nothing from the McNulty saga? He really struggled at the start of the season last year and looked like he wasn't even capable of getting 8, let alone 28.

Sterling hasn't been great and nor have Bakayoko, Browne., but lots of these players came with glowing reports (Sterling, Ogogu, Browne, Hiwula).

Players are not playing well, but we can't dismiss players as being crap after just 4 league games can we?

You're right. Our form is about formation and selection choices as much as it is individuals imho.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
I listened in the end.

What concerns me is how Robins says stuff like ‘I don’t know him well enough yet’. How long does it take for a manager to take to get to know a player?

More talk that tells me there is a much bigger void between the manager and the recruitment guys than previously!

Also, if he doesn’t know Bakayoko yet, does he not know the other strikers that were available either? Why did Bakayoko get the nod over the others?

pusbccfc

Seems this might explain Bakayoko's lazy performance tonight. My mate just sent me this, turns out he was doing shifts on Blackpool beach this morning:

donkeyblackp460.jpg

Nonleagueherewecome

Gobsmacked. Robins should have kept faith in the majority of the squad that made us so proud in May. Even Burge - who I have criticised for so long - stood out and played his part. Unless he’s still struggling with an injury (which I don’t think I’ve heard), surely he should be the number one name on the team sheet!

Why let McDonald go without a replacement lined up?

All eggs in one basket for McNulty’s replacement in Chaplin. If he was the answer, then use the £200k we’ve flushed down the toilet for Bakayoko, a player we didn’t need to sign.

Why change the system and formation? There was no width and no threat. It wasn’t as if tippy-happy, quick interchanges worked. We didn’t string 3 passes together all night!

Why is Sterling seemingly a guaranteed starter at RB? Not impressed again this evening. Bring back Grimmer.

Allassani? Performing well in the 23’s. Why isn’t he getting a sniff in the squad?

JCH & Ponticelli. Where are they?

Blackpool have been in turmoil. No goals and no win.... no manager either.

Missing Kelly in the middle.

So, so frustrating. Robins is quickly undoing all of the hard work that he did to get us up and the feel-good factor is quickly diminishing. Is this an over-reaction? On what I’ve seen, certainly not. We didn’t even come close tonight. Same at Wimbledon. Something needs to change and quickly!

I make that all about spot on, and would love to see JCH and Ponticelli given a go as a partnership. But both UP FRONT, not out wide. Hiwula might come good too, but he won't as a winger.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Just guessing here, but could it be that Viveash does indeed prefer a system and the players prefer that system too, and that has Robins struggling to get them to play the system HE wants?

Interesting bit on Monday night football between Carragher and Neville talking about ‘adaptability’. Was around Emery coming in at Arsenal and the team seemingly not wanting to adapt to his ways and Carragher saying Emery should be the one to adapt. For once I found myself agreeing with Neville who made the point that if the manager was to adapt to the players, the players are essentially going to turn in spoilt brats thinking they’ll get away with things at every opportunity.

Nonleagueherewecome

Nick

Administrator
I make that all about spot on, and would love to see JCH and Ponticelli given a go as a partnership. But both UP FRONT, not out wide. Hiwula might come good too, but he won't as a winger.

He seems reluctant to keep it simple and go back to basics. I'm not sure if that's because Andreu or Bayliss wont fit in.

Grendel

Beginning to wonder if there's something going on behind the scenes we don't know about. Robins doesn't seem keen on the players who have come in, which implies they weren't his choices, and its been said by his assistant that he doesn't like or have faith in the formation. So who is making all the decisions?

Not that keen? He keeps playing them

Grendel

Strange how one striker whose strike record is a colossal embarrassment you seem to worship

Users who are viewing this thread