Match Thread Coventry City at AFC Wimbledon Match Thread - Saturday 11th Aug (3 Viewers)

GaryJones

image.jpg I’m dreaming - think I’m at Butts Stadium

Garryb80

Desparate for us to get 3 points today of course but if there is another club I wish every success then its AFC Wimbledon, remarkable story and they deserve every plaudit they get for the way they are run.
And for kicking a club out of their stadium so they can sell it. .

GaryJones

image.jpg I am dreaming!

Paxman II

It's early doors and shuffling the pack a little with some regard to those that are not match fit or ready yet (Willis, Allasani) Brown I'm not sure of.
Jordy is a goalscorer and Bako alongside will hopefully be the provider.
Have no idea how to predict this. The Wombles are a tough unit but I'd like to think we will have some better luck this afternoon and grab a win to settle the side.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Decent line up I would say but the full backs I'm not sure about. Weren't they at fault for the goals last week?

We've signed Brown and have Grimmer. Not sure why we are playing kids over them really.

Excited to see the forward line though!

Fergusons_Beard

Just put radio on, bit confused why people are baffled about jch not being in the squad as well as Willis. Would have thought it was common sense of we sign strikers then strikers will go down in the order?

Probably more that Ponticelli gets the nod in front of JCH.

I think either he’s ninjured or he’s off on loan.

I really do hope it’s not an ‘attitude’ thing....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Gibbo

Disagree.

Grimmer maybe deserves a place, but what did Sterling do wrong last week to be dropped? Same question for Obrien. Ok we conceded two, but he was let down by his defence for both. Would we be calling for Burge to Ben dropped if he'd conceded those two goals? Davies coming back in for Willis is the right call. Willis hasn't had a full pre season, not even half a one. Hyam is also a better defender when Davies is alongside him
Stirling was the worst scoring player in the player ratings last week - averaged 5.4, and nothing better than a 6

Grendel

Obvious he was behind biamou so if somebody comes in to start he drops down.

Assume he was signed in January, way down the list now.

If ponti goes out on loan he will be on the bench I guess

We weren’t committed to sign him you can’t have a pre contractual signing can you?

vow

Decent line up I would say but the full backs I'm not sure about. Weren't they at fault for the goals last week?

We've signed Brown and have Grimmer. Not sure why we are playing kids over them really.

Excited to see the forward line though!
Thought Mason did ok and was v good in pre-season so ahead of Brown on merit imo, but Sterling less solid plus decision making weren't that great, so would have brought back Grimmer too.

Sky Blue Pete

Thought Mason did ok and was v good in pre-season so ahead of Brown on merit imo, but Sterling less solid plus decision making weren't that great, so would have brought back Grimmer too.
Certainly him and agogo left the first man and the second goal scored by the man he was marking

fernandopartridge

Bakayoko seems more likely to run into the channels and stretch the game on the break as the away team. Interested to see how he does.

PUSB

johnwillomagic

I'd have been tempted to play Burge & Grimmer but probably better not to make too many changes in hindsight.

Bakayako worth a start to see if more dangerous than Max - Max had lots of starts and although effort cannot be faulted
as you go u divisions you need a bit more than that,

Willis was not fit and Davies and Hyam are so agree with that one and hopefully Willis will be fit soon to mean competition for centre back
almost back to what it was!

I think Sterling a bit lucky to keep spot so he needs to justify it with good performance otherwise think Grimmer has to come back
next game!!

Come on Sky Blues let's do this!

higgs

Just put radio on, bit confused why people are baffled about jch not being in the squad as well as Willis. Would have thought it was common sense of we sign strikers then strikers will go down in the order?
JCH is not the player I thought he would be sorry to say I think he will end up in non league the way his career is going

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

skyblueinBaku

JCH is not good enough unfortunately. Wouldn’t be good enough for most league 2 teams let alone league 1.
He certainly doesn't seem to use his strength and size as much as he could. He prefers to fall over.

Users who are viewing this thread