Match Thread Cov vs QPR Sat 22nd Jan (3 Viewers)

Brighton Sky Blue

I don't think the rules allow a non playing clause not to play against the selling club when a player's registration changes after a sale
They do for loans for obvious reasons

Last time that happened must have been Boro not playing Juke thanks to a gentleman’s agreement

Sky Blue Harry H

I don't think the rules allow a non playing clause not to play against the selling club when a player's registration changes after a sale
They do for loans for obvious reasons

Sorry @better days , I was being a bit mischievous with the Cain, Abel bit - just discovered Wordle (got them in 3 and 4 on my first 2, so far) and it's messing with wordplay in my head. I will now desist (perhaps!)

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Hopefully not Hamer, Sheaf or O'Hare. Those 3 are the most critical in my opinion. Big drop off when we lose any of them.

Have we had an extended amount of games in the last two seasons when O'Hare hasn't played?

Edit: Just checked. He appeared in 46 games last season and 24 so far this season apparently.

I don´t think it is really clear to say nothing happens when he doesn´t play, as the stats suggest we haven´t played any real games without him involved as anything less than a substitute.

shmmeee

Have we had an extended amount of games in the last two seasons when O'Hare hasn't played?

Edit: Just checked. He appeared in 46 games last season and 24 so far this season apparently.

I don´t think it is really clear to say nothing happens when he doesn´t play, as the stats suggest we haven´t played any real games without him involved as anything less than a substitute.

Regardless the quality drop off to Shipley or Allen is still pretty significant.

Brighton Sky Blue

Games where he goes off you can tell pretty quickly. It turns generally aimless

blunted

I think Rose needs to keep his place. He has done fine and gives us more pace. Hyam has been in good form too and Clarke-Salter was great last match. So for me Fadz should stay on the bench for now. I think Moore should re-establish his Jersey, however Wilson has debutised well and has looked more confident and decisive than last season.
Not sure about QPR attack but, if they are swinging the crosses in from corners and set pieces you want Moore to command the area, as Wilson has his weakness against balls dropping close to the goal. Otherwise, Wilson has been really good the last two games. I base Wilson's performance for the Peterborough game on highlights and the comments of others as I missed the match.
I think with the games coming thick and fast due to postponements, you will see players rested and rotated for some games.
Questions for management are best goalie to pick, is Bidwell ready and is Shippers good enough against a better class of wing back, is McFadz (our best player so far this season) fit and ready and do you want to upset players who have given us two good results in the last couple of games.

no_loyalty

With the players available, I would go.

Moore
Kane
Hyam
Fadz
JCS
Bidwell
Sheaf
Hamer
O’Hare
Waghorn