Match Thread Cov vs QPR Sat 22nd Jan (2 Viewers)

Peter Billing Eyes

They took more than we did to Peterborough. The QPR fans were decent yesterday and yes they went quiet when we were on top but our fans were quiet after the first goal till we scored.
To Peter Billing, they may have a shoe box stadium but it’s theirs and it sits on prime London real estate.
Lets see how many we take to Boro next week. I will be there supporting the team.
I known it’s London real estate, I spend a stack of time down there so know the area well, but your comment is a red herring as it’s all relative. They might own it, but they need a new stadium, and guess what? Even if their current stadium occupies valuable land, any thought of moving or redevelopment in London carries a premium. So financially, their stadium situation isn’t really much more viable than ours.

Their fans’ chants about us having a shit ground and no fans is still laughable.

Last edited:

fernandopartridge

Just watching the highlights. I do think Moore could’ve done better for the first, I also think Sheaf was fouled, but when we lost the ball we should have been able to handle it.

Definite pen from O’Hares shot first half. Bidwell poor for their second. Waghorn claiming the defender handled it for his saved shot, hard to tell from the angle but maybe.

Very unlucky today.
Yeah Moore's positioning for the second was as if he expected the ball to go over everybody's head and out, or he was just unprepared

Edit, was on about the second goal. Not sure about the first I thought Hyam leading with his left foot was a bit weird

Last edited:

SlowerThanPlatt

A season of changing fortunes - the onus on home form is no longer, over the last 6 home/away games we’ve picked up 5 more points away

Mild-Mannered Janitor

Kindest Bloke on CCFC / Maker of CCFC Dreams
No keeper would of saved the 1st, was in the corner. Agree he might of done better on the 2nd, it was straight down the middle. Needed quicker reactions
It went through the middle, I think he was slow going to ground on it, maybe covering the near post too much, sheaf lost the ball, hammer backed off and Moore would be disappointed with himself on it I think

Mild-Mannered Janitor

Kindest Bloke on CCFC / Maker of CCFC Dreams
I was right behind the keeper's angle - he couldn't really see the shot through the defenders until it was too late.
He has to anticipate an element of that though, how many shots do goalkeepers get a completely clear look at the ball without it passing a defender

SkyblueTexan

Good teams grind out wins when they’re not at their best.
Exactly. Teams that win even when they are not at their best are the good teams. We are not there yet and lack a cutting edge and ruthlessness needed to win. We are not playoff material just yet and definitely need investment and reinforcements.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Those perennially negative wankers on this forum who delight in winding up everyone else should read this (and you know who you are, Grendel, and your little group of arse licking acolytes). This reflects the game everyone else watched.

giphy.gif

Londonccfcfan

Yeah Moore's positioning for the second was as if he expected the ball to go over everybody's head and out, or he was just unprepared

Edit, was on about the second goal. Not sure about the first I thought Hyam leading with his left foot was a bit weird
Mirror image of Bournemouth's 2nd goal against us. Maybe harsh but he should be attempting to punch crosses on the 6 yard box half way between sticks. Looked like caught on his heels. Stuck to goal line.

LilleSkyBlue

Just watched highlights back and surprised no one made more of an issue of the high foot when Dickie cleared it 2nd half when Gyo was about to head in. Know for a fact if that was on Charlie Austin he’d had been rolling around holding his head claiming a pen

I thought that at the time - looked like dangerous play to me

johnwillomagic

No Gyok was a bit of a pussy there if he had actually flung himself at that it would have been a goal.

He still does not look right to me not sure if not fit or if he has just lost all his confidence he was knocked off the ball far too easily yesterday definitely would no have happened earlier in the season and he would have flung himself and got the goal earlier in the season as well.

Subs were difficult tbf today was not as if we were playing badly - would have liked jones to have come on a little earlier mind!

Brighton Sky Blue

He's a good keeper no doubt I just felt he could of done better with both goals yesterday

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Anyway, beat Stoke on Tuesday and we go 4 behind top 6 with 2 GIH.

Let’s not forget what a good season we are having!

Kind of written it off to be honest. So many chances squandered, points tossed away when the better side and clearly no extra help for the manager is incoming. Finish in the top half and hope for a strong summer window. Not won a home league game since November, Gyo not scored since mid October. Watching fans celebrate playing total crap and getting away with it has been par for the course for a fair bit which is pretty grating.

Cue a sudden turn in form for the next 20 games and for this post to be quoted mercilessly, but the season has basically turned into

giphy.gif

fernandopartridge

There's nothing wrong with Gyo still in making all the right runs/ moves.
See I don't see anything wrong about any of his efforts today.
Agreed, you wouldn't know he hadn't scored for 3 months. Thought he was very good, shame the he played for Shipley was delayed which made the chance harder, because the way he rolled Dickie was top drawer.

Grendel

Just watched highlights back and surprised no one made more of an issue of the high foot when Dickie cleared it 2nd half when Gyo was about to head in. Know for a fact if that was on Charlie Austin he’d had been rolling around holding his head claiming a pen

Gyokeres was weak then and also when the keeper partied a Hamer shot. When he was on his goal scoring run he’d have scored one if then - didn’t we score from the corner anyway?

He’s playing well enough but really needs a goal

Users who are viewing this thread