Council's top solicitor quits (1 Viewer)

Grendel

No but describing them as 'Nazifems' and other such choice words says it all. Also treating like commodities as you clearly do also speaks volumes about yourself. The vast majority of beautiful young woman probably falls into the naizifems category that you seem to have.

That whole thread is tongue in cheek and I'd wager that every other poster on there is well adjusted with women and don't require some nonsense self-help ebook or academic books to help them understand fellow people.

I would also go a touch further and guess that you aren't a genuine CCFC fan and are simply on here as a persona to promote various self-books and your own ebook.

Virtually all started threads are non football related and certainly non ccfc related.

He did make one that didn't really take off. Still the one contributor provided a chuckle on a depressing Friday.

http://www.skybluestalk.co.uk/threads/8692-Andy-Thorn-and-Paul-Cloutting-interview-on-the-Sportsbar

Noggin

In an embarrassing twist for Miss Proudman, it has now emerged she made comments about the appearance of men on Facebook.
She also commented on the looks of female friends, saying one looked “stunning” – the same word used by Mr Carter-Silk.
According to the Daily Mail, she wrote “Hot stuff!” on the profile of a male postgraduate student at Cambridge, while under an image of a long-haired male friend, she wrote: “oooo lalala!”

Whilst I couldn't really care about what she said as I don't think it is an issue, just screams out hypocrisy.

There is a massive difference between calling people you have a relationship (and by that I mean you know them personally) with hot or stunning and contacting someone you've never met before on a business network and doing it.

Personally though I think neither side comes out of this looking good, he was in the wrong no doubt in my eyes and she had every right to call him out on it, even on twitter but she is taking it way too far and the language she is using is way to extreme. But really this isn't the place to have an intelligent and mature conversation on a complex issue.

Otis

In an embarrassing twist for Miss Proudman, it has now emerged she made comments about the appearance of men on Facebook.
She also commented on the looks of female friends, saying one looked “stunning” – the same word used by Mr Carter-Silk.
According to the Daily Mail, she wrote “Hot stuff!” on the profile of a male postgraduate student at Cambridge, while under an image of a long-haired male friend, she wrote: “oooo lalala!”

Whilst I couldn't really care about what she said as I don't think it is an issue, just screams out hypocrisy.

Just count yourself lucky we never see any of that on here.

Cov City Daytrader 87

No but describing them as 'Nazifems' and other such choice words says it all. Also treating like commodities as you clearly do also speaks volumes about yourself. The vast majority of beautiful young woman probably falls into the naizifems category that you seem to have.

I would also go a touch further and guess that you aren't a genuine CCFC fan and are simply on here as a persona to promote various self-books and your own ebook.

Okay, first I'm a genuine CCFC fan just like you except I can't afford to go to any games at present.

Secondly, I don't have any self-books/e-book to promote as I have no interest or reach to that stage of becoming an author.

Third, I treat any person regardless of gender with the up most respect, therefore I don't treat anyone as a commodity.

Fourth, Self help can play a useful part in life in case you're stuck and no one can help you. Do I rely on it 100%, the answer is 'No' and of course I've got to go out and experience things (and yes this includes making mistakes to learn from them to become a better person). Whether you choose to look at self-help to improve on yourself then the choice is your.

Now for the part that you call me a misogynist for using the term feminazi. Now the term mean 'radical feminist'.

In the pass feminism was about females having equal rights as men and for that I say: 'Go for it ladies and long may it continue!'

armybike

Just count yourself lucky we never see any of that on here.

Can you please stop looking at my moobs you animal!

SBT

Just to give an extra-simple recap for those who are still getting upset about this:

Complimenting a friend's appearance in a casual/social environment - probably fine

Complimenting a stranger's appearance in a formal/professional environment - generally not a good idea

But of course, you don't think this is an issue, do you.

MusicDating

Euro 2016 Prediction League Champion!!
Hi, I'm Troy McClure. You might remember me from such self-help videos as "Smoke Yourself Thin", and "Get Confident, Stupid.".

lifeskyblue

What's the difference between the guy thinking she is stunning and telling the social media world she is? Or perhaps that's for the philosophy thread
And what's the difference between the woman saying she finds it offensive and telling the world, it's dog and the media her views.
Unfortunately the world we live in allows people to make crass comments, over the top responses and then allows us all to join in and give our two penny worth.
We see on here everyday 'troll' type comments that just wouldn't happen if we weren't slaves to our mobiles, tablets and computers.
As for this pair...the dirty old man should stop perving (wonder what his wife and kids think) and the self-aggrandising woman should get on with her job/life

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

skybluetony176

The whole story is more than a bit silly but referring to your daughter as hot is not really the sort of words that a father should be using.

Nick

Administrator
The whole story is more than a bit silly but referring to your daughter as hot is not really the sort of words that a father should be using.

Depends on context surely? I'd read it as him trying to be an embarrassing dad rather than Incestual.

Otis

I don't know. I've said 'my daughter is hot' before.

Mind, that was to a GP when I was ringing the surgery for an appointment because she was running a high fever.

Am I a bad parent?

SkyBlue_Bear83

Just to give an extra-simple recap for those who are still getting upset about this:

Complimenting a friend's appearance in a casual/social environment - probably fine

Complimenting a stranger's appearance in a formal/professional environment - generally not a good idea

But of course, you don't think this is an issue, do you.

Well I can see why she would be annoyed, but to call him a sexist misogynist and call spread it all over the UK is way over the top.

SkyBlue_Bear83

What's the difference between the guy thinking she is stunning and telling the social media world she is? Or perhaps that's for the philosophy thread
And what's the difference between the woman saying she finds it offensive and telling the world, it's dog and the media her views.
Unfortunately the world we live in allows people to make crass comments, over the top responses and then allows us all to join in and give our two penny worth.
We see on here everyday 'troll' type comments that just wouldn't happen if we weren't slaves to our mobiles, tablets and computers.
As for this pair...the dirty old man should stop perving (wonder what his wife and kids think) and the self-aggrandising woman should get on with her job/life

I've already mentioned this and funnily it was completely ignored, its way more disrespectful to his wife for him to be perving on other women online, assuming thats how it was meant. Than it is to Miss Proudman receiving a message telling her, her photo looks good.

Captain Dart

Here's a picture of mountain:

View attachment 4606

And here's a picture of a mole hill:

View attachment 4607

Yeah, but is that molehill small, or just far away?
tumblr_m93zzoriAy1r2f9ceo1_250.gif

tumblr_m93zzoriAy1r2f9ceo2_250.gif

SBT

Well I can see why she would be annoyed, but to call him a sexist misogynist and call spread it all over the UK is way over the top.

Not sure why it's so out of line to call him a sexist. I thought we'd all agreed he was acting in a sexist way by now.

As for "spreading it all over the UK" - you realise you can't just call up and demand to be interviewed, right? The reason it's spread so far is because it's struck a chord with a lot of people, hence she's been invited to talk. Maybe you just need to catch up with them.

I notice that you're not so worried about hysterical media coverage when it comes to quoting the Mail's own investigative masterpiece btw. Or maybe it's only "over the top" when it's sympathetic to those nasty 'Feminazis'.

Moff

Latest "development"...

Sisu Ricoh Arena lawyer at centre of LinkedIn sexism row also called his own daughter ‘hot’ on Facebook.

But, it has now emerged the female barrister has made comments about the appearance of men online.

http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/news/coventry-news/sisu-ricoh-arena-lawyer-centre-10034882

Thank goodness for the update Simon, I dont know how I would have coped without an update on the most banal shit currently mascerading as news.

It must be a quiet day at the CT if reading the Daily Mail has given you this scoop.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Looks like we got another white knight here.

Its only spread because people think its outrageous to compliment a womans appearance, nothing rude or insulting about the actual content of what he said just the wrong place for it. You've already acknowledged that by saying her messages objectifying men were ok because they were done in a different context. The reaction is nuts, he already apologised in private but she wants him to grovel in public and humiliate him, how is that fair and promoting equality?

I've only really followed the story on the Coventry Telegraph site and whats been posted on here, I'm guessing whatever the mail has printed came as a reaction to the over the top response in the first place, tit for tat.

armybike

You're aware that people are able to have option that maybe opposed to yours, right?

SBT

Its only spread because people think its outrageous to compliment a womans appearance, nothing rude or insulting about the actual content of what he said just the wrong place for it. You've already acknowledged that by saying her messages objectifying men were ok because they were done in a different context. The reaction is nuts, he already apologised in private but she wants him to grovel in public and humiliate him, how is that fair and promoting equality?

I've only really followed the story on the Coventry Telegraph site and whats been posted on here, I'm guessing whatever the mail has printed came as a reaction to the over the top response in the first place, tit for tat.

24 pages in, and you've almost twigged that this is all about context. Nearly there, mate - here's my reminder again:

I honestly don't get why people are suddenly so concerned about this guy's career, or why it's so crazy to want a public apology. Are people really more offended by that than they are by sexism? Unless of course, it serves your own agenda to try and distract from the original problem. "Tit for tat", I suppose.

SimonGilbert

Telegraph Tea Boy
Thank goodness for the update Simon, I dont know how I would have coped without an update on the most banal shit currently mascerading as news.

It must be a quiet day at the CT if reading the Daily Mail has given you this scoop.

The first bit is actually from the Evening Standard, but it's still of interest to our readers. It's a story of national interest, that's been widely covered by national publications and broadcasters, with a local link.

Not unusual for news outlets to share copy from other sources. We just have the decency to credit when we do, unlike some down-market publications which try to pass other people's stories off as their own.

I appreciate it won't be to everybody's liking. But then I don't think anyone has ever written a story which is.

SkyBlue_Bear83

24 pages in, and you've almost twigged that this is all about context. Nearly there, mate - here's my reminder again:

No mate it was one of the first things I said in this thread, can't be discussing this with someone who can't read.
I honestly don't get why people are suddenly so concerned about this guy's career, or why it's so crazy to want a public apology. Are people really more offended by that than they are by sexism? Unless of course, it serves your own agenda to try and distract from the original problem. "Tit for tat", I suppose.

Because if it was someone I knew, I would be very unhappy there name and career is dragged through the mud for what is a misjudged comment rather than a very offensive comment. I've already seen calls on this thread for him to be disbarred which is way over the top.

It was sent as a private message, the language used wasn't offensive. It was made public without his knowledge, he has already privately apologised, his law firm have publicly apolgised, he has already been publicly humiliated. What more do people want?

I'm not against discussions like this taking place but at least choose worthy examples, I'm sure there is enough of them out there rather than making a scapegoat of someone.

SBT

The first bit is actually from the Evening Standard, but it's still of interest to our readers. It's a story of national interest, that's been widely covered by national publications and broadcasters, with a local link.

Not unusual for news outlets to share copy from other sources. We just have the decency to credit when we do, unlike some down-market publications which try to pass other people's stories off as their own.

I appreciate it won't be to everybody's liking. But then I don't think anyone has ever written a story which is.

Out of interest, why are you framing this woman's Facebook posts as an "embarrassing twist"?

SBT

No mate it was one of the first things I said in this thread, can't be discussing this with someone who can't read.

Because if it was someone I knew, I would be very unhappy there name and career is dragged through the mud for what is a misjudged comment rather than a very offensive comment. I've already seen calls on this thread for him to be disbarred which is way over the top.

It was sent as a private message, the language used wasn't offensive. It was made public without his knowledge, he has already privately apologised, his law firm have publicly apolgised, he has already been publicly humiliated. What more do people want?

I'm not against discussions like this taking place but at least choose worthy examples, I'm sure there is enough of them out there rather than making a scapegoat of someone.

If it was someone I knew I would be mortified. I'm not baying for blood here, but I think she's within her rights to ask for a public apology if she thinks it's appropriate. Clearly she's hoping to draw attention to an issue that she thinks is important, but I don't think she's going overboard in doing so. Obviously some people disagree - maybe they just don't think there's a problem with this kind of behaviour. Either way, I don't think it's helpful to concentrate our energy on criticizing the 'victim' rather than the guy who screwed up in the first place.

lifeskyblue

Who put his comments in public domain? If he put comments out there for everyone to see then he should public ally apologise. If the woman did then he need no more than apologise to her.
I agree there is the need for a full debate on the issues...sexism...use of social media...etc but I don't see the need to make this an issue of this guy v this woman. It is bigger than either of them

SkyBlue_Bear83

If it was someone I knew I would be mortified. I'm not baying for blood here, but I think she's within her rights to ask for a public apology if she thinks it's appropriate. Clearly she's hoping to draw attention to an issue that she thinks is important, but I don't think she's going overboard in doing so. Obviously some people disagree - maybe they just don't think there's a problem with this kind of behaviour. Either way, I don't think it's helpful to concentrate our energy on criticizing the 'victim' rather than the guy who screwed up in the first place.

It was a gaffe on his part, I don't see what purpose a public apology serves when he's already privately apologised other than to further crucify him.

armybike

It was a gaffe on his part, I don't see what purpose a public apology serves when he's already privately apologised other than to further crucify him.

Because he's tried to change the context of his comment.

Users who are viewing this thread