Council's top solicitor quits (2 Viewers)

letsallsingtogether

Why did he make the comment?

Why do any of us make comments?
Most of us have sent emails that we wish we could recall but hey we are only human.
Still think it has been blown out of proportion.

As a shift manager in Northampton I was always having problems with certain women employees.
They thought it was ok to start crying when they were asked to do jobs they didn't like.
I Had women thrust there boobs in my face and had to ask them to move away.
So what would have happened if I ever reported these insidents?
Well as my colleague found out they accused him of sexuall Harassment and he was sacked.
So most men just put up with it, others end up doing the jobs women won't or can't do but are on the same money. It works both ways.

SkyBlue_Bear83

I think you've misread the message, no one is threatening to throw acid in faces.

The man is writing that the woman has shown acidity (sourness) at the compliment he thought he was making.

Charlotte Proudman, the woman on twitter described it as threatening language. Can't people see how absurd this persons reactions are?

Rusty Trombone

I didn't misread it. I knew what it meant. :)

I posted the comment from the lady involved in this where she said it was threatening.

ok, I see, I didn't get that what you wrote was another reply, rather than your thoughts. Apologies.

Astute

When was the last time you went up to an attractive woman in the street and told her how beautiful she is? Go on, give it a try. I can guarantee that she will think that you are a sleazy creep.

I am just waiting for someone to post that it is fair game to 'touch a bird's arse if you're pissed and she is wearing a short skirt'.

I pay women complements. Even when I am with the wife. Most of the time I just give a very warm smile and get one back though.

Touching her arse? Getting a bit away from the point now trying to make another point I see.

Cov City Daytrader 87

When was the last time you went up to an attractive woman in the street and told her how beautiful she is? Go on, give it a try. I can guarantee that she will think that you are a sleazy creep.

Oh please! I say to a lady once this: 'Aye, love ya hat'! She said 'Thank you' as she took it in a nice compliment way.

Perhaps you should take a look at some youtube videos of a guy call Johnny Berba who teaches how talk to females and have the confidence.

You'll way of thinking is 1, You've been too much socially conditioned by insecure people. 2, You let the Feminazis dictate you on what you should do.

Last edited:

Cov City Daytrader 87

So he skews the whole argument with his own take on definitions/means of words and reinforces it by shouting/swearing and concludes that well if "they" do it, so can we!?

Well that's nine minutes of my life I've never get back!

Really?

Well then try this video and see how you would like it if you were in his shoes?

[video=youtube;5_saS417Pe8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_saS417Pe8[/video]

Esoterica

I don't understand why business sites like LinkedIn, that are all about the CV, have a profile picture in the first place? What is the point?

Cov City Daytrader 87

Nick, you know something sooner or later, her partner will get to a stage where he's had enough of her insecure, low self-esteem, unhealthy ego feminazi attitude. He'll leave her and go for an upgrade to a proper alpha female that is better than her and has zero drama.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Running to national radio now, pathetic again.

"My partner gets messages asking if he wants a job at hedge funds, I get propositions from men asking me out."

He didn't even ask you out, you delusional liar.

Godiva

He has already apologised to her hasn't he?

I haven't seen that mentioned anywhere. His office has apologized though.

He should issue a public apology imo.

Captain Dart

Exactly, going all out about it.

He has already apologised to her hasn't he?

Insufficient grovelling methinks. Like I said, PMSL.. this will run.

armybike

It's made Popbitch!

>> Sky blue thinking <<
The unstoppable sex machine

Football fans will no doubt
be enjoying the very public
embarrassment of Alexander
Carter-Silk, the lawyer who
sent *that* inappropriate
LinkedIn message.

Carter-Silk has been providing
legal representation for the
hedge fund Sisu – the owners
of Coventry City.

Sisu are currently embroiled
in a long-running dispute with
Coventry Council over the
city's Ricoh Arena ground, in
which they have been castigated
by a high-court judge for
"mismanagement". Fans had
been forced to decamp to
Northampton to watch their
team and see the club teeter
close to closure, so watching
Sisu's brief have to squirm
must be a little satisfying.

Read more:
http://bit.ly/1Q3klg7

Nick

Administrator
I haven't seen that mentioned anywhere. His office has apologized though.

He should issue a public apology imo.
It said in an article both him and his employer have apologised to her.

Why would he grovel in public?

Nick

Administrator
Yes, no doubt he is trying to shag his daughter

Non story, best start pulling up mums on Facebook who say things about their kids pictures too!

Rusty Trombone

Yes, no doubt he is trying to shag his daughter

Non story

It shows again that he hasn't quite got the hang of what comments may be deemed slightly inappropriate or a bit creepy.

I think he's suffered enough now though, but it is the sort of story that a lot of people enjoy reading about.

Sick Boy

Nick, you know something sooner or later, her partner will get to a stage where he's had enough of her insecure, low self-esteem, unhealthy ego feminazi attitude. He'll leave her and go for an upgrade to a proper alpha female that is better than her and has zero drama.

Hahaha what an utter bellend you are. Anyone trying to peddle self help books on here like yourself must have massive issues. I bet you were a virgin until you were 25.

Nick

Administrator
It shows again that he hasn't quite got the hang of what comments may be deemed slightly inappropriate or a bit creepy.

I think he's suffered enough now though, but it is the sort of story that a lot of people enjoy reading about.
Ever seen or heard mums talking about their kids prom photos for example?

It's a non story, he had apologised and she is going all out.

I notice not many have picked up on her acid in the face over reaction too?

Moff

Hahaha what an utter bellend you are. Anyone trying to peddle self help books on here like yourself must have massive issues. I bet you were a virgin until you were 25.

Seiously Sick Boy, the original post didnt deserve that response.

I note the irony of you insulting someone for being insulting.

Rusty Trombone

Ever seen or heard mums talking about their kids prom photos for example?

It's a non story, he had apologised and she is going all out.

I notice not many have picked up on her acid in the face over reaction too?

Yeah, haven't seen any use the word lascivious in any posts.

lascivious
[luh-siv-ee-uh s]
Spell Syllables
Examples Word Origin
adjective
inclined to lustfulness; wanton; lewd:
a lascivious, girl-chasing old man.
arousing sexual desire:
lascivious photographs.
indicating sexual interest or expressive of lust or lewdness:
a lascivious gesture.

I think she is making too much of it now, but now the press are enjoying the story no doubt it will run for a while yet.

armybike

The only reasonable resolution to this is him being removed from the Bar.

Nick

Administrator
So no comment?

Interesting how it's relevant he commented on his daughter but not that she tried to completely twist something else.

stupot07

In your opinion.

I think that would be unreasonable. He is an idiot and made a mistake but he shouldnt be tried by mass multimedia mob.

Agreed. This has been blown completely out of proportion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread