Council tossers (2 Viewers)

rob9872

I said earlier on thread that sisu actions recently look far from an indicatiin that liquidation is imminent or in their immediate plans. It was an empty veiled threat that acl are tritting out as a convenient excuse because without the extortionate rental arrangement they are pretty much finished.

mattylad

It seems Rob that they may be making a move to stop before rom liquidating us

ACL said today’s High Court action provides an interim period in which Sisu - the club’s main creditor which claims to have invested £60million in the loss-making club - would not be able to wind up or liquidate the club.

Lawyer James Powell, acting for ACL, said liquidation could involve the club falling many tiers down the football pyramid, as happened with Glasgow Rangers.

Mr West said administration with a ten-point deduction this season, rather than next season, would be preferable.

He added: “We’re doing this as company (ACL) directors to protect the interests of the company. We want to preserve the Sky Blues, and the Sky Blues playing at the Ricoh Arena.

“One of the advantages of this legal action is it prevents the club being liquidated.

yep thats exactly what it is but I would now expect SISU to pay the back rent before liquidation as the sale of Ryton will cover those costs

dongonzalos

That's their side of the story mate, sounds like spin to me.

It could be. I hope it isn't. It could be mind games to force SISU to pay up. It could be genuine. It could be a lie to make themselves look good.

I hope we go into admin we are sold to someone who understands the only way they can make money is by having a successful football team.

Worst case scenario we get another SISU. We can't get any worse. So worth the risk I think.

Unfortunately I think SISU will show the high court they have the money.

rob9872

If the owners had made the right decisions after taking over we could be filling it. Or hitting 27 k at least.

Based on what? We never filled hr regularly in the premier so it was never really on the cards.

dongonzalos

This is my impression too.

Not only do the vast majority want sisu to go but they also want a new beginning, one that can restore a bit of dignity and honour to the club.
This cannot happen with these people who have failed in EVERY regard.

A club is only as good as the people who run it, play for it and support it.
Until those that run it are as good as the fans then it won't work.
The fans deserve better.

This is definitely what the majority want

theferret

If you think SISU are considered by the majority to be right in the way get have handled these rent negotiations leading to this situation. I am afraid you are not in a majority.

Judging by what I have read here, I'd say views are pretty evenly split. From the conversation amongst 12 of us last night, all but one seemed to side with SISU. But yes, on the CET there seems to be more of an anti-SISU vibe, but then that is not and out and out fan site. I don't really know what the true balance of opinion is if I'm honest.

rob9872

Premier League has moved on since we last graced it. 27k + is quite achievable.

Many others well below capacity(I iimagine wigan lowest% fill?). We have always had a more fickle support than most but having averaged approx 16k in a 24k seater in the premier, then after cinstant abject failure, a recession, increasing prices and no reason to give juniorsvaround the city a desire to attend, I think its delusional to assume we could find an additional 60% fanbase

dongonzalos

Judging by what I have read here, I'd say views are pretty evenly split. From the conversation amongst 12 of us last night, all but one seemed to side with SISU. But yes, on the CET there seems to be more of an anti-SISU vibe, but then that is not and out and out fan site. I don't really know what the true balance of opinion is if I'm honest.

A poll usually clears that up. However I can't set one up on my phone.

SBT

It's pointless. We are going to get a 10 point reduction next season and there is no one interested in buying the club. Best we can hope for is relegation to League Two

My word, you're hysterical. I sincerely hope we can remind you about this post for years to come, this is a meltdown of epic proportions.

dongonzalos

Many others well below capacity(I iimagine wigan lowest% fill?). We have always had a more fickle support than most but having averaged approx 16k in a 24k seater in the premier, then after cinstant abject failure, a recession, increasing prices and no reason to give juniorsvaround the city a desire to attend, I think its delusional to assume we could find an additional 60% fanbase

Only 4 premiership teams currently get less than 90% capacity. The average is 96%.

Of the four the lowest is 75% capacity Fulham and Wigan.

75% capacity for us is 24k at worse. However cov finally getting back in the prem is would guess you are talking 27 28 k average

Bluegloucester

Don't agree, Wigan is a RL town. Prem is a good product, we will pick up plenty of floating fans who want to see Man U, Liverpool et al. As long as we price realisticly.

Bluegloucester

Only 4 premiership teams currently get less than 90% capacity. The average is 96%.

Of the four the lowest is 75% capacity Fulham and Wigan.

75% capacity for us is 24k at worse. However cov finally getting back in the prem is would guess you are talking 27 28 k average
Thought Fulham was higher, must be old figures.

theferret

Just a point of order, we averaged 20K+ in our last 4 PL seasons in a ground that actually held 22.5K.

We've also averaged over 20K twice at the Ricoh, so I tend to agree with those who say in the PL we would get 25K+.

Users who are viewing this thread