Council tossers (1 Viewer)

rob9872

I guess this s the reason 'fan' john clarke resigned from the board?

Not that SISU are doing a great job but for the council to do this to the people they serve, at a time of hope on the pitch after years of misery is spiteful suicide. Pretty much every penny I've spent following the home and away this season counts for fk all. It usually does, but not due to off field factors - can I sue the council to recover my costs and for cimpensation to lost time?

Flying Fokker

I guess this s the reason 'fan' john clarke resigned from the board?

Not that SISU are doing a great job but for the council to do this to the people they serve, at a time of hope on the pitch after years of misery is spiteful suicide. Pretty much every penny I've spent following the home and away this season counts for fk all. It usually does, but not due to off field factors - can I sue the council to recover my costs and for cimpensation to lost time?

Sad, you don't understand.

blueflint

you know better than that m8.you cant blame anyone but our owners they are the ones to fuck our club up i hope we survive this and come back stronger

rob9872

I understand that my team who I follow through thin and thinner are getting screwed from every angle and tbh that's pretty much all I care about the whole situation. Let me ask you o wise one ... do you think we have a better or worse chance of promotion with or without the 10 point deduction? I guess I don't understand!

coundonskyblue

I understand that my team who I follow through thin and thinner are getting screwed from every angle and tbh that's pretty much all I care about the whole situation. Let me ask you o wise one ... do you think we have a better or worse chance of promotion with or without the 10 point deduction? I guess I don't understand!

I care about this club still being in existance and prospering in the next 50-100 years. That is far more important than getting promoted this year just so we can struggle in the championship next season.

rob9872

Liquidation was an empty threat admin is a harsh reality and that's due to a greedy council and the fk up of previous regimes who agreed to extortionate rent

ccfclinney

both as bad as each other.
council not doing much to help the club
and sisu playing hard ball

always going to end in tears.

coundonskyblue

Liquidation was an empty threat admin is a harsh reality and that's due to a greedy council and the fk up of previous regimes who agreed to extortionate rent

How have the Council been greedy? They make no money out of this arrangement.

With Sisu this club will never progress. With them gone at least we will have hope.

rob9872

I care about this club still being in existance and prospering in the next 50-100 years. That is far more important than getting promoted this year just so we can struggle in the championship next season.

But we might not struggle and the reality is not that we trade promotion for next year. Ffp reduced budget likely even smaller crowds and probably a struggle in L1 instead before the inevitable trap door opens again in a few seasons. This is our fhance to turn things around. A negative vibe been in the club for years but I sense a positive belief for the first time I can remember and this sets thaall back again.

Flying Fokker

I understand that my team who I follow through thin and thinner are getting screwed from every angle and tbh that's pretty much all I care about the whole situation. Let me ask you o wise one ... do you think we have a better or worse chance of promotion with or without the 10

We are highly unlikely to make the play offs anyway. Far better this season than next. I understand the emotion stuff and it is really sad we are here. But SISU have really caused this debacle. im with you on the support side of things and totally understand what the club means to everyone on Skybluestalk. We will come through this.....Together we will be stronger.

Last edited:

theferret

Up in Doncaster, the local council hand over their entire stadium to the club for nothing.

Meanwhile, in Coventry the local authority tries to put its football club out of business for the sake of £1.3 million, and the locals rejoice. Me no understando :confused:

rob9872

How have the Council been greedy? They make no money out of this arrangement.

With Sisu this club will never progress. With them gone at least we will have hope.

Make no money out of a £1m rent per season on that land? Yes of course that sounds right!

I'm not disagreeing because I can't even begin to understand the legal side of things, but from the people who claim to be 'in the know' or 'more educated than the average SBT user', they state administration doesn't make sense and it is liquidation that is the likely option.

coundonskyblue

Up in Doncaster, the local council hand over their entire stadium to the club for nothing.

Meanwhile, in Coventry the local authority tries to put its football club out of business for the sake of £1.3 million, and the locals rejoice. Me no understando :confused:

Meanwhile in Mayfair a hedgefund threatens to liquidate your football club over a few 100k.

chiefdave

Make no money out of a £1m rent per season on that land? Yes of course that sounds right!

May be wrong here but didn't the council put under £20m of their own money into the Ricoh then sell the lease to ACL for £40m? Seems a pretty decent profit to me. If you then add in that ACL were charging CCFC more all less the whole cost of repaying the lease it seems like they were onto a pretty good thing.

coundonskyblue

All this talk about FFP next season, I didn't realise it only affects us. How come other clubs can stay at 65% of income next year but we have to drop to 60%?

torchomatic

They "care very deeply about the city's football club". Apparently.

rob9872

The council havent took a penny out of that club. That is fact and is readily available information.

So what do you think they will achieve out of losing that £1m then? This is their end game because without ripping off the club acl make feck all and would have run at a loss every season.

dadgad

Oh dear, for crying out loud.

coundonskyblue

So what do you think they will achieve out of losing that £1m then? This is their end game because without ripping off the club acl make feck all and would have run at a loss every season.

Incorrect again, latest set of accounts show that ACL isn't dependent on CCFC.

rob9872

Incorrect again, latest set of accounts show that ACL isn't dependent on CCFC.

Based on olympics that won't be repeated and includes other ccfc related income streams like catering and car parking. Without us they lose and would have lost every year.

Flying Fokker

Forgive me, have you been following the forum for the past couple of years? SISU are crooks? We as citizens of Coventry deserve better.

fernandopartridge

Coventry City Council have a history of ripping off tenants, they owned a lot of commercial property in the city centre that charged rents higher than those in cities like Birmingham. It's nothing new. Two groups of wankers with a load of football fans in between.

theferret

Forgive me, have you been following the forum for the past couple of years? SISU are crooks? We as citizens of Coventry deserve better.

We deserve for our local elected representatives to force our club out of business? Lucky us! Forgive me, I wasn't thinking straight...

theferret

I don't understand how fans can support an orginisation that has threatened to liquidate the club you have supported all your life.

You know as well as I do that the people that lose most from liquidation are SISU themselves, and any threat to do that was made out of desperation as they had been backed into a corner by the legal proceedings instigated by ACL.

ACL could have taken a different course, but they chose not to, and this is where we are. SISU could also have made different choices of course, but chose not to. They may regret that. Let's agree on one thing though, SISU threatened to put the club out of business, ACL are actually going to do it Their reasoning? To save the club from liquidation. What a load of shit. Can't believe people are buying that line.

Last edited:

rob9872

They've prevented Sisu putting the club out of business. Read the statement.

That's their statement/spin doesn't make it a valid reason just a convenient excuse. I've seen nothing in the actions of sisu that suggested this threat was likely or imminent and the appointment of pressley, his assurances and the decision that he was the right man not the cheapest all contradict that viewpoint.

Users who are viewing this thread