Council tossers (2 Viewers)

coundonskyblue

Who's to say the next owners would unite the stadium with CCFC, look at Leicester the owners bought the stadium but it is a seperate company owned by their group of Companies and not directly by lester

Were all just grabbing at straws hoping that ACL have a buyer lined up, but just remember this is Coventry and we have a habit of being continuously shat on.

All i know is i will continue to support my team, home and away for the rest of the season and then see what happens. PUSB

Hope. I don't hold with this idea that just because we have had bad owners for the past 20 years the next ones will also be bad.

I know its difficult for us City fans, but we shouldn't be so cynical. Not all Football club owners are like Sisu/Richardson/Robinson.

torchomatic

Absolutely. ACL "believe" there is someone out there who wants Coventry City.

Hope they are right.

Were all just grabbing at straws hoping that ACL have a buyer lined up, but just remember this is Coventry and we have a habit of being continuously shat on.

All i know is i will continue to support my team, home and away for the rest of the season and then see what happens. PUSB

coundonskyblue

Absolutely. ACL "believe" there is someone out there who wants Coventry City.

Hope they are right.

No one denies its a gamble, but when you know something is wrong the worst thing you can do is nothing.

Whatever happens in the coming years it will not be as bad as just doing nothing and letting Sisu do it imo.

sky blue john

Who's to say the next owners would unite the stadium with CCFC, look at Leicester the owners bought the stadium but it is a seperate company owned by their group of Companies and not directly by lester

Yes agreed but I know a unification needs to happen for CCFC to survive long term.
And for Sisu it seems impossible for them to be able to make this happen due to past mistakes and bad tactics.

rob9872

probably hoffman who wants ut for £1 but still won't own the stadium, he will be the puppet ala ranson and we will still have owners not necessarily better than this lot but be 10 pts worse off. Still at least keys and the hoff can enjoy their self importance for a time.

theferret

Ferret,
But in this case the absolute proof exists in the form of a (unoposed!) high court judgement that SISU/CCFC acted illegally in not paying the rent and were instructed to pay the rent by a fixed date that has long since passed and on the basis of which ACL have petitioned the high court to apoint an administrator. So no, I did not make a "bold statement", I stated a simple and evident truth that cannot be denied.

I will not bother commentating on the rest of your response as others have pointed out the truth which you continue to deny, so pointless me even trying to make any further comment.

Non payment of debts is not an illegal act in this country, indeed it isn't in any western society.

When the term 'illegal' is used it is usually taken to mean that criminal laws have been broken (and that's what I believed you were saying in the original post). Failing to pay your rent does not fall into that category.

As for the rest of my response, many others have tried to form an argument based on what they perceive to be the truth, but haven't done a very good job of it to be honest. The balance of opinion seems to be against your position from the responses I have read.

Unlike you, I don't claim to be the sold arbiter of the truth, I have an opinion which is based on observations, nothing more, nothing less.

rob9872

Sarcasm my good man.

FFP is dropping 5% for everyone as you say. That reduction is going to be just as difficult for our competitors to deal with as us.

Except that our competitors don't have to shell out £1.3m rent pa before they start.

S

skyblue2k

Just thinking and reading some other posts, but one question which we might find out tomorrow. If the rent agreement for the Ricoh and the golden ticket to buy back the higgs share is with CCFC Limited and this is who ACL are having placed into administration. But the Players registrations and the football league ticket is with CCFC Holdings does this not change the outcome of this administration hearing?

Does anyone have a better understanding of how this tower of cards is laid out?

coundonskyblue

Just thinking and reading some other posts, but one question which we might find out tomorrow. If the rent agreement for the Ricoh and the golden ticket to buy back the higgs share is with CCFC Limited and this is who ACL are having placed into administration. But the Players registrations and the football league ticket is with CCFC Holdings does this not change the outcome of this administration hearing?

Does anyone have a better understanding of how this tower of cards is laid out?

It is interesting. My thoughts would be to go for CCFC Holdings, which presumably also controls CCFC Ltd? Or can the whole group be put into admin?

rob9872

Which is irrelevant as its based on Turnover.
Irrelevant to fpp but not to the running if the club. No point limiting us to 60% if its worth fk all to begin with. No product or prospects = less support = less revenue = less to spend and on the downward spiral continues

dongonzalos

I guess this s the reason 'fan' john clarke resigned from the board?

Not that SISU are doing a great job but for the council to do this to the people they serve, at a time of hope on the pitch after years of misery is spiteful suicide. Pretty much every penny I've spent following the home and away this season counts for fk all. It usually does, but not due to off field factors - can I sue the council to recover my costs and for cimpensation to lost time?

Sue SISU. You are likely to win that one.

dongonzalos

Up in Doncaster, the local council hand over their entire stadium to the club for nothing.

Meanwhile, in Coventry the local authority tries to put its football club out of business for the sake of £1.3 million, and the locals rejoice. Me no understando :confused:

Maybe Doncaster are owned by people the council could trust. Is their stadium like the Ricoh?

S

skyblue2k

Its a new stadium (Keepmoat), but only 15k seater and cost £32 million to build

dongonzalos

Up in Doncaster, the local council hand over their entire stadium to the club for nothing.

Meanwhile, in Coventry the local authority tries to put its football club out of business for the sake of £1.3 million, and the locals rejoice. Me no understando :confused:

Grendel have you had to change your name again?

SkyBlueSwiss

Non payment of debts is not an illegal act in this country, indeed it isn't in any western society.

When the term 'illegal' is used it is usually taken to mean that criminal laws have been broken (and that's what I believed you were saying in the original post). Failing to pay your rent does not fall into that category.

As for the rest of my response, many others have tried to form an argument based on what they perceive to be the truth, but haven't done a very good job of it to be honest. The balance of opinion seems to be against your position from the responses I have read.

Unlike you, I don't claim to be the sold arbiter of the truth, I have an opinion which is based on observations, nothing more, nothing less.

Oh dear, seems I have pushed someone's buttons.
Stop playing semantics please:

illegal [ɪˈliːgəl]
adj1. forbidden by law; unlawful; illicit
2. unauthorized or prohibited by a code of official or accepted rules

na person who has entered or attempted to enter a country illegallyillegally adv
illegality n

Adj.1.illegal - prohibited by law or by official or accepted rules; "an illegal chess move"unlawful - contrary to or prohibited by or defiant of law; "unlawful measures"; "unlawful money"; "unlawful hunters"

illegitimate - of marriages and offspring; not recognized as lawful

irregular - contrary to rule or accepted order or general practice; "irregular hiring practices"
legal - established by or founded upon law or official or accepted rules

SISU acted illegally, were taken to the high court and were found to have acted illegally and were instructed to pay the rent by a fixed date. Failing to comply with a high court order is a further act of illegality. On the basis of these illegal acts, ACL have requested the appointment of an administrator.
Please stop trying to wriggle out of a self-eviden truth by playing with semantics.

And since when did I claim to be the sole arbiter of truth? Please show me where I make this claim. Obviously I did no such thing and this is just another stupid attack to divert from facing the unpalatable truth that you do not want to face.
Go play your silly games with someone else, I have no interest in continuing this.

dongonzalos

If you're going to call everyone who disagrees with you Grendel, then I fear you might be doing it all night, because ours is far from the minority position, quite the opposite from where I sit.

It was a genuine question he has had to change his user name before.
Yours and his view points are identical and he keeps making reference to Doncaster like you did.
You always have the same approach to your debating style.
However after the first page of threads his name has popped up.
I was not taking the Michael
However it seems you must be brothers

dongonzalos

If you think SISU are considered by the majority to be right in the way get have handled these rent negotiations leading to this situation. I am afraid you are not in a majority.

J

Jack Griffin

If you're going to call everyone who disagrees with you Grendel, then I fear you might be doing it all night, because ours is far from the minority position, quite the opposite from where I sit.

Reckon you have a serious misapprehension about what people think about this, I refer you to the comments on Cov Telegraph site to gauge the general mood. Most people want this saga to end & SISU to go.

http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/co...lues-closer-to-administration-92746-32984785/

rob9872

Maybe Doncaster are owned by people the council could trust. Is their stadium like the Ricoh?

We didn't ask fir our soulless bowl that we never fill. Doncasters would be perfect for us, modern sensible and a level that we could fill.

mattylad

anyone who thinks admin is a good thing has no concept what this means...say goodbye to all the loan players, most of the first team, most the back room and support staff, several businesses who rely on the football club generating its income and the end of our highly succesful academy but look forward to higher prices watching young kids battle against relegation and no one prepared to loan anyone......oh and presuming we dont have an owner by the start of next season to move out of administration a 25 point penalty! and why? well its not because ACL care deeply about the club its bcos tgey realised SISU might just have had an out plan....darkness descends

rob9872

If you think SISU are considered by the majority to be right in the way get have handled these rent negotiations leading to this situation. I am afraid you are not in a majority.

We're not debating that one side is morevwrong than the other, I think we are all aware of the misgivings of sisu, but right now they are all we have and the council are being complete tools over this.

dongonzalos

We're not debating that one side is morevwrong than the other, I think we are all aware of the misgivings of sisu, but right now they are all we have and the council are being complete tools over this.

It seems Rob that they may be making a move to stop SISU from liquidating us

ACL said today’s High Court action provides an interim period in which Sisu - the club’s main creditor which claims to have invested £60million in the loss-making club - would not be able to wind up or liquidate the club.

Lawyer James Powell, acting for ACL, said liquidation could involve the club falling many tiers down the football pyramid, as happened with Glasgow Rangers.

Mr West said administration with a ten-point deduction this season, rather than next season, would be preferable.

He added: “We’re doing this as company (ACL) directors to protect the interests of the company. We want to preserve the Sky Blues, and the Sky Blues playing at the Ricoh Arena.

“One of the advantages of this legal action is it prevents the club being liquidated.

dongonzalos

Then as oppose to some who say as a tax benefit we are better off liquidated, new owners can get the CZcFC name on the cheap out of admin and agree more favourable terms with ACL.

rob9872

That's their side of the story mate, sounds like spin to me.

theferret

Oh dear, seems I have pushed someone's buttons.
Stop playing semantics please:

illegal [ɪˈliːgəl]
adj1. forbidden by law; unlawful; illicit
2. unauthorized or prohibited by a code of official or accepted rules

na person who has entered or attempted to enter a country illegallyillegally adv
illegality n

Adj.1.illegal - prohibited by law or by official or accepted rules; "an illegal chess move"unlawful - contrary to or prohibited by or defiant of law; "unlawful measures"; "unlawful money"; "unlawful hunters"

illegitimate - of marriages and offspring; not recognized as lawful

irregular - contrary to rule or accepted order or general practice; "irregular hiring practices"
legal - established by or founded upon law or official or accepted rules

SISU acted illegally, were taken to the high court and were found to have acted illegally and were instructed to pay the rent by a fixed date. Failing to comply with a high court order is a further act of illegality. On the basis of these illegal acts, ACL have requested the appointment of an administrator.
Please stop trying to wriggle out of a self-eviden truth by playing with semantics.

And since when did I claim to be the sole arbiter of truth? Please show me where I make this claim. Obviously I did no such thing and this is just another stupid attack to divert from facing the unpalatable truth that you do not want to face.
Go play your silly games with someone else, I have no interest in continuing this.

You clearly are quite an unpleasant individual and I have no interest in interacting further with someone with such a high opinion of themselves.

While I'm here though, let's just recap. You said that SISU were engaging in 'illegal activities', in response to which I said that was a bold statement to make. You then got your knickers in a knot to which I came back and said my understanding of what you said what that you were referring to acting illegally under criminal law and as non-payment of debt is not a criminal act (which it isn't), I was trying to explain why I made the comment I did.

It is clear you were not referring to criminal activities because no criminal laws have been broken, and I made a clear effort to explain the reasons behind my misunderstanding of your use of the term 'illegal activities' in my last post, so why it is now necessary to copy and paste dictionary definitions of the word illegal I have no idea.

As for the comment about being the arbiter of truth, you said:

"I will not bother commentating on the rest of your response as others have pointed out the truth".

You clearly believe that you and others have your finger on the pulse of what constitutes 'the truth', and I am simply saying I don't. I just express opinions, and sometimes I am wrong. I hope I am proved wrong this time, but until such time, I will continue to argue from my standpoint and seek to challenge views I disagree with.

dongonzalos

We didn't ask fir our soulless bowl that we never fill. Doncasters would be perfect for us, modern sensible and a level that we could fill.

If the owners had made the right decisions after taking over we could be filling it. Or hitting 27 k at least.

dadgad

Reckon you have a serious misapprehension about what people think about this, I refer you to the comments on Cov Telegraph site to gauge the general mood. Most people want this saga to end & SISU to go.

http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/co...lues-closer-to-administration-92746-32984785/

This is my impression too.

Not only do the vast majority want sisu to go but they also want a new beginning, one that can restore a bit of dignity and honour to the club.
This cannot happen with these people who have failed in EVERY regard.

A club is only as good as the people who run it, play for it and support it.
Until those that run it are as good as the fans then it won't work.
The fans deserve better.

Users who are viewing this thread