Council Statement due today (1 Viewer)

shmmeee

I can read, is that the latest standard reply?

Its bad politics to give half a shit if the football club stays or not? It's bad politics to be more bothered about a small Aldi store closing?

I suppose all of the great politics and decisions they are making at the minute takes up far too much time.

Isn't politics just optics anyway? I'm sure acting smugly about being able to get away with things because of "sisu" and public relations and not bothering with meetings is great optics.

Oh getting away with “things” *shocked face emoji*

Why are we now hearing about a new stadium Nick? Why not six months ago or a year ago?

Look we’ve had two competing theories of what’s going on for the last five years:

Mine: Sisu have no plans to build a stadium and are dragging legals on in the hope of forcing the council to give them the Ricoh somehow. Or to just drain cash as punishment for not already giving them the Ricoh. Whenever things get rough they get the fans onside by blaming everyone else, especially the council because politics gets people angry without thought and there’s an existing group of people and journalists that have had a chip on their shoulder about the council for ages and will do your dirty work for you.

Yours: Sisu are desperate to build a ground and the mean council are stopping them. The entire council, all parties, including many lifelong CCFC fans conspired to kick CCFC out of Coventry because reasons.

Frankly I know which way the evidence points.

Nick

Administrator
Oh getting away with “things” *shocked face emoji*

Why are we now hearing about a new stadium Nick? Why not six months ago or a year ago?

Look we’ve had two competing theories of what’s going on for the last five years:

Mine: Sisu have no plans to build a stadium and are dragging legals on in the hope of forcing the council to give them the Ricoh somehow. Or to just drain cash as punishment for not already giving them the Ricoh. Whenever things get rough they get the fans onside by blaming everyone else, especially the council because politics gets people angry without thought and there’s an existing group of people and journalists that have had a chip on their shoulder about the council for ages and will do your dirty work for you.

Yours: Sisu are desperate to build a ground and the mean council are stopping them. The entire council, all parties, including many lifelong CCFC fans conspired to kick CCFC out of Coventry because reasons.

Frankly I know which way the evidence points.
Erm, I just mentioned why I (and a lot of others from what I can see) think the stadium is being mentioned now and it clearly isn't what you said.

I've pointed out some of the dirty tricks from the other side, however as your dad told you it wasn't the case it must be true. Same person who him and his mate were going off on one about me making something up which took 2 seconds to Google and find confirmation. Same person who makes out of context, irrelevant lists of quotes to try and disprove things.

Is making things up the new tactic? Considering people are having to fill gaps in for you with the bits that have happened you don't seem to know selectively its looking far too familiar.

Its ok, im sure it's much easier for you to go on about tin hat and conspiracy though. ;)

Nick

Administrator
Seriously. Learn to fucking read. Ive said it’s poor optics and bad politics.

Why are you so obsessed with the one group that can’t resolve our immediate issues?

That meeting was about getting Wasps and Sisu to agree or to find somewhere else for CCFC to play. That’s why the EFL were there. It wasn’t about a new ground yet here we are talking about that and not about the fact we’re about to be kicked out of the league because of the actions of our owners.

giphy.gif
Isn't it you focusing on a new stadium and I just said that I thought the new stadium was being mentioned now as part of a negotiation tactic?

eastwoodsdustman

Yes we are mate.

Look if you genuinely think Sisu are desperate to build a ground and the mean old council are stopping them, I can’t help you. That’s your call. I mean for me all the evidence is that this is a massive distraction created to keep the fans arguing and not a serious plan at all, but you do you.

Similarly if you think Wasps are somehow holding out to show off to the council and not because the legal action hurts them too.

I mean I find both ridiculous positions that I’ve no evidence and about a million more likely explanations.

The council can help with planning, so can a planning consultant, have we hired one? Have we even brought it up at all before the other day? Why the hell have we hired an architect before we’ve sourced land?

I work with developers all day. I find land for house builders and care home builders and student flat builders. They spend ages doing surveys, investigating planning in that area, going through the local plan, etc before they buy somewhere so they know it’s worth buying. It’s standard to have a conversation about your plans for a site to see if it’s viable before you buy. WE HAVENT DONE THIS. STEP ONE OF BUING LAND AND WE HAVENT DONE IT IN FIVE FUCKING YEARS!!

I’m sorry. If you believe there’s a stadium at this point you’re a fucking moron. It’s sad. We need a stadium. But we aren’t getting one. Our owner thinks they can distress a public body to get a ground we can’t afford to live in. That’s where we are. That’s the master plan.

And I’m supposed to be getting angry because the local authority won’t waste yet more time in a pointless meeting that is designed for optics and time wasting and they know it.
Jesus. Are you just trying to pretend that you think that wasps are doing this off their own backs? Please don’t insult your own or anyone else’s intelligence with this line. Saying the council seem to have acted poorly and then saying there’s no correlation between their influence and wasps stance isn’t doing you any favours.

Sky Blue Pete

Ok what pressure can we bring to bear on the parties involved

Council - emails, letters, public demonstration
Sisu - protests at games, e-mails, letters
Ccfc - is this the real in? Should we be doing more to get robins and the team on side?
Wasps - emails letters public demonstrations at games?

Or are we utterly impotent and covey would say we are way outside our circle of influence and it’s not sensible to act as if we can change anything

Fergusons_Beard

Yes we are mate.

Sisu own CCFC

Sisu are responsible for CCFC

It is Sisus job to ensure help from third parties

CCFC are a business, not a charity.

No one else has a responsibility to CCFC

So why do we talk about anyone but the fucking owners?

And the council still sold the Stadium that was built for the football club to a rugby club from London.

And the council also recommended that we WASPS be granted planning permission to build their training base on land that was used for the Football Club academy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Nick

Administrator
Ok what pressure can we bring to bear on the parties involved

Council - emails, letters, public demonstration
Sisu - protests at games, e-mails, letters
Ccfc - is this the real in? Should we be doing more to get robins and the team on side?
Wasps - emails letters public demonstrations at games?

Or are we utterly impotent and covey would say we are way outside our circle of influence and it’s not sensible to act as if we can change anything
The trust send an open letter to all sides in all media both local and national. Have every proper fans group put their name to it, something everybody can get behind.

Demand that all sides start discussions, let them know in no uncertain terms that they will know about it if ccfc goes up the wall because of any of them not bothering.

See liquid golds suggestion he has pointed out every time. He went into more detail about content, questions etc.

Nick

Administrator
And the council still sold the Stadium that was built for the football club to a rugby club from London.

And the council also recommended that we WASPS be granted planning permission to build their training base on land that was used for the Football Club academy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Wasps are a charity it seems, as are Aldi / jlr etc.

Sky Blue Pete

Local council elections are on 2nd May - are any seats on CCC up for grabs? Ample opportunity to get rid of SISU-haters if there are!
There are bigger issues for most but I think there could be money raised for various individuals to stand on keep Coventry City FC in Coventry platform and probably only this.

Do any of us live locally- for instance I could stand in cheylesmore but don’t know deadline or cost.

Warwickhunt

Most seem to think the stadium talk is to go into negotiations using it as a negotiation tool don't they?

What was the land company that was hired originally around the same time as the "mockups"?

Not many people are really arguing any more, there's a few who are desperate to defend the council for everything and anything but most now seem to think they should all stop fucking about and get it sorted in one way or another.

So now you are justifying the council leader not bothering to turn up? Ha
All Duggins has done is give the SISU the ammuniion to go to the EFL that CCC will not talk as you can see they didnt turn up for a Meeting in Westminister, so we need your permission to ground share and move out of Coventry! they are basically saying "We tried so its not our fault we are having to move?" the EFL will roll over as usual

Nick

Administrator
All Duggins has done is give the SISU the ammuniion to go to the EFL that CCC will not talk as you can see they didnt turn up for a Meeting in Westminister, so we need your permission to ground share and move out of Coventry! they are basically saying "We tried so its not our fault we are having to move?" the EFL will roll over as usual

Of course, said that about the SISU statement that things like this and the Butts behaviour it gives them a folder of things printed out to hand to the EFL.

What would happen if the Council had said about the Butts "it's a great idea and would be great for the city, we would love to work with you to see how we can drive this project forward together"

SISU would have shit themselves.

Mild-Mannered Janitor

Kindest Bloke on CCFC / Maker of CCFC Dreams
Let’s be clear, CCFC will never build a stadium and own it anyway.
Another SISU fund or Arvo will do that and then charge a fortune to the club annually for the privilege of renting it and it’s questionable about sponsorship/match day food revenues so don’t be fooled that SISU new ground is the answer, it’s still a money pit to the fund owners.

Nick

Administrator
Another SISU fund or Arvo will do that and then charge a fortune to the club annually for the privilege of renting it and it’s questionable about sponsorship/match day food revenues so don’t be fooled that SISU new ground is the answer, it’s still a money pit to the fund owners.

Of course, that is one of the things that the council can be calling their bluff on ;)

skybluegod

I can read, is that the latest standard reply?

Its bad politics to give half a shit if the football club stays or not? It's bad politics to be more bothered about a small Aldi store closing

You agreed...

You then go onto say the nonsense about him not being able to make a difference and that it was only designed to waste time anyway...

Yes.. but Nick can you read?*

*Joke

chiefdave

The council can help with planning, so can a planning consultant, have we hired one?
You mean someone like this?
| Turley

And while it does seem a bit back to front to get an architect involved prior to obtaining land for what reason would people like this:
Phil Osborne
have to get involved with SISU if they believed it to be all fantasy?

What do the likes of CBRE stand to gain by making statements supporting the clubs claims?

The re-writing of history does those seeking to defend the council no favours. Look at Brandon for instance. Was reported in the local media heads of terms had been agreed. Rugby council confirmed they had been spoken to about a football stadium, the current owner confirmed heads of terms had been signed and due diligence was being done. Why is this all written out of history?

I don't for a minute believe we're getting a new stadium but its wrong to blindly ignore things that don't suit your argument.

chiefdave

How can you expect anyone to take you seriously when you come out with completely made up nonsense like that. Nobody has said anything of the sort.

You claim that, despite being the son of a former council leader, you are not biased towards the council yet are on here desperately defending their every move. Conveniently anything that doesn't support your view you claim to be unaware of.

chiefdave

Exactly, how does it look to the EFL when SISU show their statement saying they want to move things forward and the response from the council to knock it back? When they show they have requested meetings with the council and been refused? When they show the emails from the council attempting to block any move to the Butts? When they show the minutes of the meeting in parliament the council couldn't be bothered to send anyone of note to?

Nick

Administrator
Exactly, how does it look to the EFL when SISU show their statement saying they want to move things forward and the response from the council to knock it back? When they show they have requested meetings with the council and been refused? When they show the emails from the council attempting to block any move to the Butts? When they show the minutes of the meeting in parliament the council couldn't be bothered to send anyone of note to?

Yeah but the council can just run a PR campaign for it to be entirely down to SISU and that the councillors care passionately for the club etc etc.

People can just write lists of quotes that are out of context to prove things and put them out on social media.

NorthernWisdom

There are bigger issues for most but I think there could be money raised for various individuals to stand on keep Coventry City FC in Coventry platform and probably only this.

Do any of us live locally- for instance I could stand in cheylesmore but don’t know deadline or cost.
tbf to do well it probably needs a bigger lead-in than this election. Do it now in a rush, and you risk failing (like the candidate did when Northampton was playing out) and giving ammunition to the 'nobody cares' viewpoint.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Serious mis-calculation by Duggins not to attend. The Council statement was designed to keep focus on SISU and he blew that out of the water by not going. If they couldn't trust him to say the right thing then let a colleague do the talking but to not go is a mistake

The council statement is pretty much as expected.

win9nut

You're probably right, but that doesn't really matter.

When it comes to SISU leaving after they build Pie-in-the-Sky Stadium; would any investor purchase CCFC without the full rights to the ground it plays in in future?

Anyhow, I think we're deviating somewhat from the issue at hand.

CCC should be working with CCFC in order to negotiate a tenancy at the Ricoh, else there'll be more upset for fans through either another Northampton scenario, or a club-don't-exist-anymore scenario...

OffenhamSkyBlue

I don't see why CCC need to have ANY involvement with the Ricoh negotiations - other than being the owner of the freehold, they have nothing whatsoever to do with it!
W*sps may want the legals to be dropped because, while they are not a defendant in the current JR case, it COULD come back to bite them IF it was found that their deal to buy either share of Ricoh was illegal.

Users who are viewing this thread