Council Statement due today (1 Viewer)

Limey

Way too cold and calculated response. Maybe to be expected from the years of crap endured but does NOTHING to move things on. Could have said this in about 1/10th of the words and been more productive:

CCFC is, and always will be, a cherished presence in the community. We have read Sisu's statement, and whilst high court judges have ruled events regarding the Ricoh rather differently, we are open to further discussion around the club's future plans so we can all put legal proceedings in the past and ensure that the club remains in the city it belongs.

covcity4life

We are gonna die and both sides are gonna say blame the other and then they move on instantly

We will be the only ones that suffer

This is getting very worrying

Nick

Administrator
Way too cold and calculated response. Maybe to be expected from the years of crap endured but does NOTHING to move things on. Could have said this in about 1/10th of the words and been more productive:

CCFC is, and always will be, a cherished presence in the community. We have read Sisu's statement, and whilst high court judges have ruled events regarding the Ricoh rather differently, we are open to further discussion around the club's future plans so we can all put legal proceedings in the past and ensure that the club remains in the city it belongs.
The judges have only judged on 2 decisions though. They haven't judged on the rest of things that have gone on.

That's why hiding behind those doesn't explain it all.

Limey

The judges have only judged on 2 decisions though. They haven't judged on the rest of things that have gone on.

True, just paraphrasing their crappy response in a better way.

shmmeee

Just found the statement.

It’s basically what I said yesterday, nothing’s stopping Sisu building a stadium other than Sisu.

Really needs Sisu to be specific with what help they want, or evidence that they’ve been blocked if they want this to have the effect they seemingly expected (outside of this forum).

Nick

Administrator

It’s basically what I said yesterday, nothing’s stopping Sisu building a stadium other than Sisu.

Really needs Sisu to be specific with what help they want, or evidence that they’ve been blocked if they want this to have the effect they seemingly expected (outside of this forum).

Seems like it isn't just this forum thinking more and more that all sides need calling out ;)

A very small minority aren't calling on the council to sort things as well.

shmmeee

Clearly please:

- what “things” have gone on that have been proven?
- what would you like CCC to do about them?

Did you really expect them to go all truth serum and start owning up to trying to get Haskell in or whatever it is you think they’ve been doing? In the middle of a legal battle?

Sisu raised a specific point (they want to build a stadium), CCC said the blatantly obvious about that (crack on, nothing’s stopping you).

Hence why yesterday’s Sisu statement was a load of shit that many on here swallowed whole. And I got jumped on for pointing out.

shmmeee

Seems like it isn't just this forum thinking more and more that all sides need calling out ;)

Oh “calling out”, that well proven technique for resolving complex legal battles.

Is that genuinely it? You don’t care about resolving it you just want everyone to be called names?

Fine: everyone’s a c**t. Including you and me. Can we get on with getting CCFC a place to play now?

Nick

Administrator
Oh “calling out”, that well proven technique for resolving complex legal battles.

Is that genuinely it? You don’t care about resolving it you just want everyone to be called names?

Fine: everyone’s a c**t. Including you and me. Can we get on with getting CCFC a place to play now?

No, I want all of them to be pressured. I don't want any of them able to get away with bullshitting and then gloating about public opinion.

You don't need to try and preach to me about wanting somewhere to play...

shmmeee

No, I want all of them to be pressured. I don't want any of them able to get away with bullshitting and then gloating about public opinion.

You don't need to try and preach to me about wanting somewhere to play...

Pressured to do what!?!?!?

Demands have to be made. Specific actions requested so we can hold them to it.

The problem is Nick, ultimately only Sisu can resolve this. CCC can come out with dunces caps on and an “I agree with Nick” t-shirt but we’re still a L1 club who can’t afford the 32k stadium that was built for us with no ground of our own.

In fact if anything, the insane need for everyone to be involved just gives more ammo for the legals to drag on and the situation to never be resolved.

You will not get a local authority in the middle of austerity to fund the club. It just won’t happen. No matter how “morally right” you think it is, most people don’t put football ahead of social care and jobs.

Nick

Administrator
Clearly please:

- what “things” have gone on that have been proven?
- what would you like CCC to do about them?

Did you really expect them to go all truth serum and start owning up to trying to get Haskell in or whatever it is you think they’ve been doing? In the middle of a legal battle?

Sisu raised a specific point (they want to build a stadium), CCC said the blatantly obvious about that (crack on, nothing’s stopping you).

Hence why yesterday’s Sisu statement was a load of shit that many on here swallowed whole. And I got jumped on for pointing out.

Have a look over the years, plenty of underhand tactics and bullshit games from ALL sides.

Things like trying to block the butts, the dodgy takeover attempts. The whole wasps stuff.

The judges werent judging any of that, they were literally judging on a couple of decisions.

That's why "we have never done anything wrong, the judge says so" doesn't work.

I'd like ccc to say "we want the best for CCFC, come and meet us so we can open proper dialogue" and see where it goes.

Mild-Mannered Janitor

Kindest Bloke on CCFC / Maker of CCFC Dreams
Again, so many holes to pick at but no decent journalist will ask the telling questions of the parties involved to expose the truth.

Let’s get McNultys dad to appoint Kathleen Zellner, she will be able to get to the bottom of all this, she is good with conspiracy theories

Sky Blue Harry H

SISU made their statement, and O don't mind CCC addressing some of the points. I do think they could have held out an olive branch in terms of being proactive about offering a meeting et. I am trying to get my head around Dave Boddy's reference to alternative venues, which is presumably based on the assumption that SISU/Wasps reach an impasse. I do hope that SISU/CCC can come together in terms of discussing a site for the stadium (if SISU are serious about it, which I pray they are). It will necessitate SISU putting forward some concrete proposals (which if they existed, makes you wonder why they haven't appeared before) The more I think about it the more this feels like a game of poker. Starting to hate both sides in the process.

shmmeee

Have a look over the years, plenty of underhand tactics and bullshit games from ALL sides.

Things like trying to block the butts, the dodgy takeover attempts. The whole wasps stuff.

The judges werent judging any of that, they were literally judging on a couple of decisions.

That's why "we have never done anything wrong, the judge says so" doesn't work.

I'd like ccc to say "we want the best for CCFC, come and meet us so we can open proper dialogue" and see where it goes.

So basically nothing. The Butts thing, which I’d have liked to see but I can understand why CCC didn’t want Sisu as a tenant TBF, that happens when you burn your bridges with your landlord.

They’ve just come out of a meeting, and you want them to say “come and have a meeting”? Really?

Just admit that there’s nothing they can do. Sisu can build a ground or drop the legals, Wasps can strike a deal regardless of legals. But as much as you wish it wasn’t true, CCC can’t actually do anything.

Look, when all this is over I’d love to see a full investigation. Considering the entire council has been behind the actions (note the LOTO co wrote that statement), and considering how everything in local government has protocols and back covering up the wazoo, I’d be amazed if anything came of it. But still, love to see it just to put peoples minds at rest if that’s what they want.

But right now going into the history just gives more mud for Sisu to throw into the water and carry on the ridiculous situation of the last 5 odd years. I want that to end. Please. Now. For the love of God.

Nick

Administrator
So basically nothing. The Butts thing, which I’d have liked to see but I can understand why CCC didn’t want Sisu as a tenant TBF, that happens when you burn your bridges with your landlord.

They’ve just come out of a meeting, and you want them to say “come and have a meeting”? Really?

Just admit that there’s nothing they can do. Sisu can build a ground or drop the legals, Wasps can strike a deal regardless of legals. But as much as you wish it wasn’t true, CCC can’t actually do anything.

Look, when all this is over I’d love to see a full investigation. Considering the entire council has been behind the actions (note the LOTO co wrote that statement), and considering how everything in local government has protocols and back covering up the wazoo, I’d be amazed if anything came of it. But still, love to see it just to put peoples minds at rest if that’s what they want.

But right now going into the history just gives more mud for Sisu to throw into the water and carry on the ridiculous situation of the last 5 odd years. I want that to end. Please. Now. For the love of God.
The council leader didn't even go to the meeting, that would have been a start. He's more bothered about an aldi.

Isn't it telling there is more fight from them about that than there is ccfc going?

shmmeee

The council leader didn't even go to the meeting, that would have been a start. He's more bothered about an aldi.

Isn't it telling there is more fight from them about that than there is ccfc going?

Agreed there.

And frankly the “ooohhh isn’t it interesting” shit leaves me cold. Never been one for gossip and people, more about facts and ideas.

If something can be proven, great. But right now I want CCFC to have a future. Politicians gonna politician. We ain’t gonna fix that first.

Nick

Administrator
Agreed there.

And frankly the “ooohhh isn’t it interesting” shit leaves me cold. Never been one for gossip and people, more about facts and ideas.

If something can be proven, great. But right now I want CCFC to have a future. Politicians gonna politician. We ain’t gonna fix that first.
You aren't going to fix anything without getting the decision makers in a room and telling them to sort it out.

While particular sides know they can get away with bullshitting they will. Duggins gloats about public opinion on his side when he gets questioned.

Sisu can go tomorrow and the club is still at the mercy of ccc and wasps.

It isn't gossip, he's more bothered about an aldi closing.

chiefdave

There wasn't more than one interested buyer though. They were only interested when it was sold. They bluffed and lost. That's poker
I've always found the best way to maximise interest in a sale and ensure you get the best price is to carry it out in secret and not bother marketing what you are trying to sell.

shmmeee

You aren't going to fix anything without getting the decision makers in a room and telling them to sort it out.

While particular sides know they can get away with bullshitting they will. Duggins gloats about public opinion on his side when he gets questioned.

Sisu can go tomorrow and the club is still at the mercy of ccc and wasps.

It isn't gossip, he's more bothered about an aldi closing.

That’s because he’s leader of the council, not Chief CCFC Fan. I imagine he’s also spend more time on JLR. Fact is the economy is all that matters if you’re an elected official, despite all the whining about bins and potholes. Jobs always trump anything else.

CCFC aren’t at the mercy of anyone. They are masters of their own destiny. They could build a ground and no one could stop them. They could rebuild their relationship with the landlord of all the sporting arenas in the city.

They made a big bold move they thought would pay off and now they’ve got to put their big boy pants on and deal with the consequences.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

We are gonna die and both sides are gonna say blame the other and then they move on instantly

We will be the only ones that suffer

This is getting very worrying

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Mild-Mannered Janitor

Kindest Bloke on CCFC / Maker of CCFC Dreams
Duggins is a buffoon, lectured me years ago about the need for school closures when I was a governor and declining numbers, said it was consultation and I stood up and said it wasn’t, he was presenting pre made decisions from the council. Semantics about consultation as I asked could we vote to stop the closures and he was forced in the meeting to say no.

I pointed out the cyclicality of birth rates and migration of a workforce to the Midlands.
Pointless, twat never listens, School’s closed and 5 years later, school expansions at 7 plus schools in the city because of demand.
I was asked to leave, hilarious, I know he was the face to other idiots poor judgement but don’t lie about it being a consultation.
Lied then and continues to lie now or use elements of the truth

shmmeee

Duggins is a buffoon, lectured me years ago about the need for school closures when I was a governor and declining numbers, said it was consultation and I stood up and said it wasn’t, he was presenting pre made decisions from the council. Semantics about consultation as I asked could we vote to stop the closures and he was forced in the meeting to say no.

I pointed out the cyclicality of birth rates and migration of a workforce to the Midlands.
Pointless, twat never listens, School’s closed and 5 years later, school expansions at 7 plus schools in the city because of demand.
I was asked to leave, hilarious, I know he was the face to other idiots poor judgement but don’t lie about it being a consultation.
Lied then and continues to lie now or use elements of the truth

Duggins is a buffoon.

However that letter was also written by the LOTO. About decisions passed on a cross party basis.

It’s not about personalities as much as some would like it to be. Not Joy. Not Tim. Not Lucas. Not Duggins. Councils aren’t hedge funds. They aren’t run by one person alone.

chiefdave

That’s because he’s leader of the council, not Chief CCFC Fan. I imagine he’s also spend more time on JLR. Fact is the economy is all that matters if you’re an elected official, despite all the whining about bins and potholes. Jobs always trump anything else.
So you're seriously suggesting one small Aldi store has a greater economic impact on the city that CCFC and that's where he should be concentrating his efforts?

Mucca Mad Boys

The Coventry City Council can block planning permission for a stadium?

It’s pretty obvious that it’s not only Sisu that’s preventing this hypothetical stadium being built.

shmmeee

So you're seriously suggesting one small Aldi store has a greater economic impact on the city that CCFC and that's where he should be concentrating his efforts?

I’m saying he can have more impact in a meeting with Aldi than yet another shouting match with Joy. Yes.

Without looking at the financials I don’t know. Maybe. Last time I checked Aldi pay better wages than CCFC (excluding players) and probably serves more people.

shmmeee

The Coventry City Council can block planning permission for a stadium?

It’s pretty obvious that it’s not only Sisu that’s preventing this hypothetical stadium being built.

No they can’t.

They have to follow planning law and if they don’t they can be overridden.

Nick

Administrator

CCFC aren’t at the mercy of anyone. They are masters of their own destiny. They could build a ground and no one could stop them. They could rebuild their relationship with the landlord of all the sporting arenas in the city.

They made a big bold move they thought would pay off and now they’ve got to put their big boy pants on and deal with the consequences.

So as council leader the economic potential loss of a football club matters less than an aldi who have another branch down the road?

Of course ccfc are at the mercy of others, they will be for as long as we live I'd guess. Even with a relationship rebuild they are still at the mercy of the landlord.

Surely thats obvious or is this the naive act we keep seeing?

chiefdave

This statement and the failure of Duggins, or anyone senior from the council, to attend the meeting when every other party involved sent the key decision makers is a real slap in the face to all the supporters.

However it does seem they have got to cocky, Duggins recent comments that they can do what they like as nobody questions them is testament to that, and people are seeing through them. The response online is overwhelmingly negative even amongst those who have previously defended the council all the way.

The football club should not be used by the council as a method to get one over on someone they've fallen out with. Unfortunately that is exactly what they are doing.

How hard would it have been for Duggins to attend the meeting today and for them to put a statement out saying they were open to meeting with the club and trying to move things forward. Instead they've basically turned round and stuck two fingers up at the club and its supporters.

Nick

Administrator
I’m saying he can have more impact in a meeting with Aldi than yet another shouting match with Joy. Yes.

Without looking at the financials I don’t know. Maybe. Last time I checked Aldi pay better wages than CCFC (excluding players) and probably serves more people.
Really? So that one store is better for the economy than ccfc?

Are you being serious now? Its very strange

chiefdave

Did you manage to keep a straight face while typing that?

Nick

Administrator
This statement and the failure of Duggins, or anyone senior from the council, to attend the meeting when every other party involved sent the key decision makers is a real slap in the face to all the supporters.

However it does seem they have got to cocky, Duggins recent comments that they can do what they like as nobody questions them is testament to that, and people are seeing through them. The response online is overwhelmingly negative even amongst those who have previously defended the council all the way.

The football club should not be used by the council as a method to get one over on someone they've fallen out with. Unfortunately that is exactly what they are doing.

How hard would it have been for Duggins to attend the meeting today and for them to put a statement out saying they were open to meeting with the club and trying to move things forward. Instead they've basically turned round and stuck two fingers up at the club and its supporters.
Its ok, fisherbaiter will be on it. There will be dodgy photo shop lists put out.

Like you say, people are seeing through it. Look at jhw as an example.

People just want it sorting.

Users who are viewing this thread