Council Statement due today (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
I don’t understand why a conditional deal at the Ricoh can’t be discussed.

Keep the drop the legals but dangle the carrot. Here’s the deal, sign it and when the legals are dropped it commences
Exactly.

It should be talks with dropping the legals in mind. They aren't going to drop them and then start negotiating are they?

Same as the council aren't going to do things they can use for negotiations before the legals are dropped.

That's why they enter discussions.

djr8369

So my car is for sale, you say no I don't want a car, someone offers my say £3k, I go back and say look mate I know you don't want a car but if you give me more than £3k you can have it. I need to sell the car, what should I do?

But he did want the car but not at the original price of 9k...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GaryJones

Its the "our great football club" line that makes me laugh.
If it is our (The Councils) great football club then they should prove it.
First stick to the unconditional promise they made regarding the clubs security at The Ricoh when they sold it - they now claim that it was only for 4 years yet theyre unable to show any proof of this (probably because it doesnt exist).
Both sides have made errors so they need to get together to sort it out and stop seeing who can piss up against the wall the highest!

GaryJones

The other bit of bollocks in the Council statement is the bit about "CCC has been consistent in its desire to see the club secure a long term future in the city and they deny acting against their intrests at any time"
What about the leaked email (its somewhere on another thread) from Coventry Observer showing that when SISU looked at the possible groundshare with Coventry Rugby Club they (The Council) insisted on adding a clause saying that they prohibit any football club activities or football training activities.
I say to the Council - Dont come over whiter than white - your just as bent as the other parties except you are worse as you are supposed to represent the tax payers of Coventry with honesty and some integrity for starters!

Nick

Administrator
Does look as if they are more interested in distressing ccfc than trying to get anything sorted.

GaryJones

The other bit of bollocks in the Council statement is the bit about "CCC has been consistent in its desire to see the club secure a long term future in the city and they deny acting against their intrests at any time"
What about the leaked email (its somewhere on another thread) from Coventry Observer showing that when SISU looked at the possible groundshare with Coventry Rugby Club they (The Council) insisted on adding a clause saying that they prohibit any football club activities or football training activities.
I say to the Council - Dont come over whiter than white - your just as bent as the other parties except you are worse as you are supposed to represent the tax payers of Coventry with honesty and some integrity for starters!
Also
EXCLUSIVE: This leaked email reveals council bid to block Coventry City F.C Butts groundshare

GaryJones

The Council have got questions to answer.
They cannot answer or prove them because they have acted improperly.
They know it - we know it - SISU know it.
These may not be illegal acts but they are certainly not the acts of someone who wants to protect "our great football club"!

djr8369

Gilbert pointing out on twitter that JLR have backed out of the development by Whitley and that land might now be going spare...

shmmeee

When a public body sells or long term leases an asset it has a duty to get the best price. They dont get to pick based on who they like or dont like.
They should have told SISU that Wasps were interested and they have made an offer of £££ and then ask SISU if they want to counterbid or risk losing the Ricoh to Wasps.
I must also say that I dont know why SISU didnt buy the share of The Ricoh when they originally had the chance - they missed a trick there!

The “best price” includes how good a partner they will be and ancillary benefits to the city though.

luwalla

In short.... we blame SISU for everything, drop the legals, do a deal with wasps and we will then talk

becasue the council have proved extremely trustworthy in the past havent they

shmmeee

For all those claiming the council ducked Sisu: what did the courts miss? Have you emailed it to Sisu?

RoboCCFC90

Having read through the Council’s statement I’ve come to the conclusion that;

- They’re as bent as SISU and talk of their desire to see a successful Football Club is a joke.
- CCC missed a sitter of a chance to say, we wish to help SISU and Coventry City achieve its goals for a new stadium, therefore we urge SISU to put forward plans that the Council can support.

Nothing from this statement tells me that SISU will just drop the litigation.

Captain Dart

Gilbert pointing out on twitter that JLR have backed out of the development by Whitley and that land might now be going spare...

I already said that a few hrs ago.

Sky Blue Pete

Councillor Duggins replied pretty much straight away to my very polite email. Everyone on here should send him an email so he knows there are people who care about the club and what happens to it

This was my email

Both went to Martin reeves as well

My councillor in cheylesmore has said that you are the representatives who can answer my queries regarding the existence of Coventry City Football club

Given the statement from Sisu, the owners of the club can you please confirm that you will be doing all within your powers to ensure a long term future for our City’s club?

Further could you tell me what these will be and if there is nothing that you can forseen confirm the economic, historic, social and historical impact to the community in losing an almost 140 year old institution?

Furthermore what an incredible statement this would be for our time as the European city of sport

Finally I’ve read some statements from you cllr Duggins saying that the council couldn’t have seen what was coming but I suggest to you that the best judge of future behaviour is past behaviour and the decision taken to sell the football ground to a franchise rugby club from London was always going to end in this scenario

Any feedback would be much appreciated

Thanks

Pete

The reply was paraphrased as I haven’t asked his permission to share doesn’t answer all my questions

He’s read the Sisu statement the council will reply

Nobody at the council wants the club to leave and didn’t in 2013

Pointed out that Sisu statement was 13 months after wasps statement saying they won’t negotiate if legal proceedings aren’t dropped

Last edited:

Sky Blue Pete

My reply

Dear Cllr Duggins

I’ve read your statement now and it doesn’t really take the situation forward at all. Is it not possible to make a conditional agreement should the legal action be dropped

This situation is getting urgent and our club will be lost under your watch. Is there really nothing more that you can do than that?

Best wishes

Pete

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread