Council funding for Ricoh Refurb (1 Viewer)

jordan210

Probably correct mate. I wasn’t trying to be a pedant, just that most public sector employees, including civil servants have to declare any potential conflict of interest On an annual basis.

according to ccc website. Says they do it every 6 months. But the last one had 2 submission!

Nick

Administrator
Let's face it, the good people in the council have been caught out a few times with their freebies from Wasps. Absolutely fuck all punishment, instead of upholding the rules they bent them.

ccfc92

Only just seen this, you literally couldn't write it.

Joy, get that shovel out love and show CCFC fans you're pressing on with the new ground.

Terry Gibson's perm

Bridge has tweeted out about the London side starting to play again, I bet he wished he hadn’t bothered as our fans keep asking about the nda not being dropped and one said all he wants to do is positive spin and where he has been eating

Reactions: AOM

Nick

Administrator
Bridge has tweeted out about the London side starting to play again, I bet he wished he hadn’t bothered as our fans keep asking about the nda not being dropped and one said all he wants to do is positive spin and where he has been eating

It's true though, he is effectively Wasps Comms guy

This was an interesting example, he was manipulating quotes so they didn't sound bad.

Taking freebies from Wasps at the same time doesn't look good.

duffer

Still working on the assumption that Wasps want security at the Ricoh and to not have the threat of legal action hanging over it. Not seen anything to suggest that’s not the case.

That in part, but also to protect their friends at the Council, who as we have seen are in a position to grant extravagant favours from the public purse, smooth awkward planning issues, and continue to push CCFC into a corner.

It’s almost beyond a joke now, this is the era of ‘get elected and then do whatever you want’. At least in the old days bent politicians used to try to hide what they were doing out of courtesy.

shepardo01

Obviously sad for families involved.....
Are redundancies widespread within Wasps....any ideas??..... £5 million though...!!??!!!

Travs

I know a chap who worked in marketing/pr for Wasps and was made redundant late last year... he is now in pretty much the same job, but employers are "the Ricoh" apparently...

Forgive me i may not be 100% accurate on the facts, but that is my understanding and that is the basics of it...

I must add i'm not trying to push any point at all, just a personal anecdote...

chiefdave

Are redundancies widespread within Wasps....any ideas??..... £5 million though...!!??!!!

Much as I hate Wasps sad to see yet more redundancies there. Seems to be a round of ‘restructuring’ every few months.

Recognise the name, got a feeling she’s is, or rather was, their marketing manager. Surely one of the last positions you’d make redundant.

Would be interesting to dig into the number of employees under council / Higgs ownership compared to now and how that holds up against the promised extra jobs Wasps arrival was supposed to bring.

Terry Gibson's perm

They will probably get rid of a load then employ a few and Bridge will write massive investment in new staff for flourishing business.

Skyblueweeman

Wouldn't read too much into that...Arsenal made 55 redundancies today. Sign of the times (Covid) as opposed to a reflection of their finances.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

shmmeee

Have there been any law changes around redundancy since furlough? Seems a lot of companies making people “redundant” when it looks more like they'll rehire after covid. I thought that was illegal?

I could see marketing being less needed if you aren't allowed to sell tickets TBF. Companies shouldn't be allowed to just kick people to the kerb then rehire once it's all over.

chiefdave

Have there been any law changes around redundancy since furlough? Seems a lot of companies making people “redundant” when it looks more like they'll rehire after covid. I thought that was illegal?
A lot of companies are acting like the rules suddenly don’t apply due to coronavirus. It’s blatant these positions will be required when lockdown ends.

You can be certain the hope is they don’t find another job, which let’s face It is a reasonable assumption at the moment, and will then come back when asked. Wouldn’t be a surprise if pay and conditions are worse when the ‘new’ position is offered to them.

Sky Blue Pete

A lot of companies are acting like the rules suddenly don’t apply due to coronavirus. It’s blatant these positions will be required when lockdown ends.

You can be certain the hope is they don’t find another job, which let’s face It is a reasonable assumption at the moment, and will then come back when asked. Wouldn’t be a surprise if pay and conditions are worse when the ‘new’ position is offered to them.
Capitalist scum

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

Why would you need a marketing manager when you haven’t got anything to market? Does anybody think that people are going to be looking to book the Ricoh for conferences, exhibitions concerts etc anytime soon? Better off hiring some people to post leaflets.

Fergusons_Beard

Probably correct mate. I wasn’t trying to be a pedant, just that most public sector employees, including civil servants have to declare any potential conflict of interest On an annual basis.

It’s called Pecuniary interests...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

steveo1987

Lovely bir of pr about wasps redundancies

On top of the other recently published article about Wasps fans pining for our return and the clever bit bit of anti Sisu spin, brought a tear to my eye. Interesting that the redundancy article mentions a loss of £5.1m in revenue which more or less what Wasps are recieving to carry out the "refurb"

Nick

Administrator
surely they will be zero hour contracts for the 2 days of judo they might be needed. Then good bye!

Yeah but they won't say that in the telegraph will they ;)

It will be "Massive jobs boost for Ricoh Arena"

It will be 5 x 18 year olds on zero hour contracts to serve hot dogs.

Terry Gibson's perm

Yeah but they won't say that in the telegraph will they ;)

It will be "Massive jobs boost for Ricoh Arena"

It will be 5 x 18 year olds on zero hour contracts to serve hot dogs.

That will only cover the amount Bridge will stuff in his face though

Nick

Administrator
That will only cover the amount Bridge will stuff in his face though

I ordered a hot dog......this is what happened

I went to the person and said can I have a hot dog and they gave me a hot dog and I put sauce on and it was really nice. I really suggest Wasps do the best hot dogs in the world ever. I will give this 10/10 and I will have one every time I go here because it is free.

What did we get?

We got a hot dog in some tin foil wrapping. It was like no hot dog I have ever seen because it is a Wasps hot dog. The usual price is £7 which is cheaper and better than any Coventry City hot dog ever ever ever ever.

What do Wasps fans say?

I am a PE teacher and I get given tens of free tickets every game but nobody wants them so I end up coming on my own. I do love to eat a hot dog so when I get here I have a hot dog. Sometimes I get brave and put mustard on just to show the chaps down the Rugby Club I am a real man. I really love Wasps, they have given me everything I have ever dreamed of since they have moved. I have been given a hat, a flag and free tickets.

steveo1987

I ordered a hot dog......this is what happened

I went to the person and said can I have a hot dog and they gave me a hot dog and I put sauce on and it was really nice. I really suggest Wasps do the best hot dogs in the world ever. I will give this 10/10 and I will have one every time I go here because it is free.

What did we get?

We got a hot dog in some tin foil wrapping. It was like no hot dog I have ever seen because it is a Wasps hot dog. The usual price is £7 which is cheaper and better than any Coventry City hot dog ever ever ever ever.

What do Wasps fans say?

I am a PE teacher and I get given tens of free tickets every game but nobody wants them so I end up coming on my own. I do love to eat a hot dog so when I get here I have a hot dog. Sometimes I get brave and put mustard on just to show the chaps down the Rugby Club I am a real man. I really love Wasps, they have given me everything I have ever dreamed of since they have moved. I have been given a hat, a flag and free tickets.

Yep....the Wasps fans reaction article was more or less
" we would love to see CCFC back and those SISU people are very naughty"

Nick

Administrator
Yep....the Wasps fans reaction article was more or less
" we would love to see CCFC back and those SISU people are very naughty"

"SISU should stop trying to sew Wasps and we will let them play here if we can have all of the money generated by them and lots of rent money"

"Wasps have dun amazing for Coventry, they giv us free tickets every week and my kids love the free flag. SISU should stop making up bad things about Wasps like they fiddle accounts as it just IZNT TRUE!!!!"

mr_monkey

"SISU should stop trying to sew Wasps and we will let them play here if we can have all of the money generated by them and lots of rent money"

"Wasps have dun amazing for Coventry, they giv us free tickets every week and my kids love the free flag. SISU should stop making up bad things about Wasps like they fiddle accounts as it just IZNT TRUE!!!!"

Don't forget " I'm so glad they didn't sell the Ricoh to a hedge fund"

Users who are viewing this thread