Council funding for Ricoh Refurb (2 Viewers)

Nick

Administrator

Why are the council giving funding for it?

It's a private business.

Maybe it's why they wanted an indemnity for the council?

shepardo01

£3.5m, that's more than what Wasps paid for 50% of the thing but the council are funding it.

Taking the piss now aren't they?
It's a joke isn't it.
Wonder how much will actually go towards the refurb or whether it is just an excuse so they can use it to prop them up for a short while.....
Council c-units!!!...

Nick

Administrator
What I don't get is why the funding is going towards what they describe? £3.8m is a lot of money just for a few Judo matches.

It's very dodgy.

The council do need hammering asking how the indemnity links to this type of shit.

BornSlippySkyBlue

Is now even a good time to be investing money in the exhibition and conference sector? Those I know in the exhibition industry are all furloughed and have no idea if they’ll even go back. Going to be a while before we see packed exhibition halls IMO. Still, it’ll help wasps so that’s good enough for the council I’m sure.

Wankers.

Nick

Administrator
"Why would the council fund a privately owned business?"

"The government needed to support legacy for the commonwealth games" What legacy is it going to leave?

Fucking shady wankers.

Nick

Administrator
So Wasps are running a private business and can't afford to get it up to scratch for the commonwealth games so they get given £3.8m (bare in mind they paid about £5.7m for it) to do it up to get it up to scratch but Wasps will be paid for the use of it from the Olympics?

It's a nice little way to get the value increased for Wasps when they need to refinance isn't it?

They are far too obvious now and they don't actually give a shit because they will just get away with it.

Sky Blue Pete

I don’t think it’s ok but let’s allow Simon to do some hard questioning and this will certainly be part of our questioning of the council.

In our civil service guidance it talks about not just avoiding conflicts but also avoiding the perception of conflicts of interest

Nick

Administrator
I don’t think it’s ok but let’s allow Simon to do some hard questioning and this will certainly be part of our questioning of the council.

In our civil service guidance it talks about not just avoiding conflicts but also avoiding the perception of conflicts of interest

The thing we have here though Pete is that you come across as an honest bloke, you are more than happy to discuss things and take things onboard whether you agree or not and have a very diplomatic way of coming across.

Pricks like Duggins and O'Boyle know they won't get any hard questioning about it, listen to O'Boyle on the radio as an example.

He is banging on about the legacy it would leave, the legacy for who? The private company?

It will be interesting to see if this helps a certain hotel along ;)

Esoterica

When was the Ricoh selected for this and how was it nominated in the first place? If it was after Wasps were already in place and they can't get it up to scratch, the event should be taken off them, not refurbished for them at a cost of 2/3s of what they paid for the entire place. I mean FFS its judo and wrestling - all you need is a gym mat and some dressing gowns. BLOOD IS BOILING.

Nick

Administrator
When was the Ricoh selected for this and how was it nominated in the first place? If it was after Wasps were already in place and they can't get it up to scratch, the event should be taken off them, not refurbished for them at a cost of 2/3s of what they paid for the entire place. I mean FFS its judo and wrestling - all you need is a gym mat and some dressing gowns. BLOOD IS BOILING.

It was announced Sept 2019.

It's another bailout.

Nick

Administrator
It's interesting, the guy who runs the "KovBlog" was hinting about something last week and now he has had his account deleted.

jordan210

When you look at the things the money is being spent on. A new food and drunk venue ? all the things a owner of a stadium should be funding

Esoterica

It was announced Sept 2019.

It's another bailout.
Honestly don't know whether to laugh, cry or scream especially in light of the disdain with which they have treated the football club over the last decade, a team that actually bears the city's name.

Wouldn't be surprised if the EU complaint findings come back now with a correction of 3.8 million owed by Wasps to CCC. :ROFLMAO:

Users who are viewing this thread