Council funding for Ricoh Refurb (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
I thought it was against the rules to take gifts from people with planning permission requests or in the process!

Nick

Administrator
From the council's code of conduct...

12.7 You should never accept a gift of hospitality from anyone who is, or
may be in the foreseeable future, tendering for any contract with the
Council, seeking employment with the Council, seeking any form of
consent of grant, or is in dispute with the Council. You should always
decline any gift or hospitality if you think the giver has an ulterior
motive. You should always be sensitive to the possibility that the giver
may think even small gifts or simple hospitality may elicit a better
service or preferential treatment in their dealings with the Council.

jordan210

Tickets to rolling stones doesn't fit with this does it

Benefit to Council
Gifts or hospitality should only be accepted where there is a proportionate benefit to the Council, in light of the estimated value of the gift or hospitality. Unless the benefit to the Council is clear and that benefit would not have been available but for the acceptance of the gift or hospitality, then the presumption could be that the gift or hospitality is for personal benefit.

jordan210

I would guess they use this a lot

3 Examples Where Acceptance of Gifts and Hospitality May Be Permitted

Subject to the general principles set out in Section 2 of this Guidance, it is generally considered appropriate to accept a gift or hospitality in the following circumstances:-

civic hospitality offered by another public authority
Council-supported events—tickets for sporting, cultural and entertainment events that are supported by the Council
modest working lunches, provided to enable the parties to discuss business reasonable hospitality, provided at external visits, meetings or conferences provided that this is also available to other attendees

Nick

Administrator
codeofconduct.PNG

code2.PNG

Both of these have been broken by people at the council, fuck all will be done about it though. They don't care.

Nick

Administrator
A load of tweets today listing freebies given to Cllr Duggins and a couple of others, from Wasps.
Then Nick questioned whether it was against the rules for cllrs to accept gifts from people with planning requests in.
I'm guessing he's referring to the hotel.

Not only the hotel, the £5m in grants they have had too.

Levship20

I think the notes need sending to all your local councillors and they have to respond. This can be done on line via writetoyourmp.com would also be interested to see what the likes of Jim Cunningham and co think???? The more it goes out to local politicians, the more pressure they will be under to make a response

Frostie

They were found guilty of similar before &, rather than any punishment, they changed the rules to make what they did permitted instead.

Corrupt as hell.

Woodingdean_Sky_Blue

I think the notes need sending to all your local councillors and they have to respond. This can be done on line via writetoyourmp.com would also be interested to see what the likes of Jim Cunningham and co think???? The more it goes out to local politicians, the more pressure they will be under to make a response
Two of the local MPs used to be in CCC (Jim Cunningham used to be leader). It would be better to try the two new MPs who may have a more open mind.

Woodingdean_Sky_Blue

Eh? Which two? Fletcher used to be, the other b two aren't. Cunningham is so last year.
Sorry, I was thinking back to when Coventry used to return 4 MPs, not 3.

Fletcher used to be CCC and she voted on the sale of the Ricoh.

Owatemi and Sultana were 'parachuted in' and so may have less of a stake in what has gone on in the past than Fletcher.

I suppose we should also remember Foster who used to be a Councillor for Cheylesmore and is now MP for Torbay. He voted on the sale of the Ricoh too.

Woodingdean_Sky_Blue

It is all very well continually churning out complaint process information, but I think we both know the LGO process is fairly ineffective.

The LGO almost invariably works on the presumption that the local authority is telling the truth. This means if the complainant has a different version of events to the local authority, the LGO will favour the local authority.

In the case of a famous complaint that has been mentioned on this site previously, it was found through court disclosure that an Assistant Director at CCC had LIED to the LGO. Despite a wealth of evidence to the contrary and the absurdity of what was being claimed the LGO simply accepted the council's claims as being truthful.

An additional problem for Coventrians is the location of the LGO in Coventry. Staff at the LGO inevitably know staff at CCC and this leads to bias (whether deliberate or not).

shmmeee

It is all very well continually churning out complaint process information, but I think we both know the LGO process is fairly ineffective.

The LGO almost invariably works on the presumption that the local authority is telling the truth. This means if the complainant has a different version of events to the local authority, the LGO will favour the local authority.

In the case of a famous complaint that has been mentioned on this site previously, it was found through court disclosure that an Assistant Director at CCC had LIED to the LGO. Despite a wealth of evidence to the contrary and the absurdity of what was being claimed the LGO simply accepted the council's claims as being truthful.

An additional problem for Coventrians is the location of the LGO in Coventry. Staff at the LGO inevitably know staff at CCC and this leads to bias (whether deliberate or not).

Another length of red string required 🙄

shmmeee

Something else uncomfortable for you to read, so it must be a conspiracy?

I think you need to seek help.

Just to clarify, who is it we can’t trust now?

By my count it’s: the media (both local and national), the council (all sides and none, present past and future), local charities, Wasps of course, other fans who disagree with your interpretation, the Trust, the FSF, the LGO, the entire legal system. I assume should it not come back favourably to Sisu we can throw the ECJ in there as well?

I think we may as well give up if that’s the case, don’t you?

Who is the last bastion of shining truth we can turn to? I mean obviously the guy with 300 followers and more chips on his shoulders than a man who fell into a McCains factory, but other than him?

Woodingdean_Sky_Blue

By my count it’s: the media (both local and national), the council (all sides and none, present past and future), local charities, Wasps of course, other fans who disagree with your interpretation, the Trust, the FSF, the LGO, the entire legal system. I assume should it not come back favourably to Sisu we can throw the ECJ in there as well?

Who is the last bastion of shining truth we can turn to? I mean obviously the guy with 300 followers and more chips on his shoulders than a man who fell into a McCains factory, but other than him?
Your 'count' is inaccurate, as almost everything else you try to peddle.

I feel embarrassed for you.

You really need to take a break from here.

shmmeee

Your 'count' is inaccurate, as almost everything else you try to peddle.

I feel embarrassed for you.

You really need to take a break from here.

Yeah nice try, but nah. I’ll keep laughing at you. And that count is literally everyone I’ve been told can’t be trusted because they’re “too close” for one reason or another.

But you crack on. Maybe try and get rid of me with an insult about my family rather than my mental health next time? Gotta switch it up.

When you want to do more than piss and moan and claim you can’t do anything because everyone is against you (but that’s totally not a conspiracy theory because reasons), maybe I’ll take you seriously.

Nick

Administrator

You seem a bit touchy about somebody pointing dodgy things out about the council.

The Ethics Committee has already shown how pointless it is previously.

You should probably start learning how to come to terms with it, rather than shouting conspiracy with your dad every fucking time. It is a bit delusional.

Woodingdean_Sky_Blue

Yeah nice try, but nah. I’ll keep laughing at you. And that count is literally everyone I’ve been told can’t be trusted because they’re “too close” for one reason or another.

But you crack on. Maybe try and get rid of me with an insult about my family rather than my mental health next time? Gotta switch it up.

When you want to do more than piss and moan and claim you can’t do anything because everyone is against you (but that’s totally not a conspiracy theory because reasons), maybe I’ll take you seriously.
It seems to me that you are the one making insults about mental health - you keep suggesting people are imagining conspiracies.

I wasn't trying to insult you, I really think you you need help.

I think it would be good for you to log off this website and give yourself a few days break.

Users who are viewing this thread