Coronavirus Thread (Off Topic, Politics) (6 Viewers)

skybluetony176

Why compare it to something else then?
TBF I get a flu jab every year and have done for at least a decade so have had at least 10 of them. I guess the two big differences are flu jabs have been around for 80+ years so there’s almost a century of development behind them. The big one though is that normal flu is seasonal for the most part so there’s no need to have one every six months, just once a year ahead of the traditional flu season.

Saddlebrains

So no one thinks that a 4th dose of the same jab within 12 months isnt abnormal?

Before someone starts on the whole 'its how vaccines work shit' yes im aware how vaccines work but come on fucking 4 in a year?

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Which way does your booster get invited? Via the UK or Netherlands?

Here in the Netherlands. The main reason for that being that there have been previous issues with vaccines in the UK being accepted here.

They are very strict on vaccine passport rules here so it isn´t worth the risk to get it in the UK. Mind you, I have little desire to get a booster at this point in time.

NorthernWisdom

So no one thinks that a 4th dose of the same jab within 12 months isnt abnormal?

Before someone starts on the whole 'its how vaccines work shit' yes im aware how vaccines work but come on fucking 4 in a year?
It's purely for the extremely vulnerable group. Remember we're all starting from a base of limited immunity, and vaccines are topping that up. CEV are still told to avoid crowds etc, so need all the help they can get to get that protection,

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

It isn´t normal. It definitely does help certain people of age and health, but it still is a bit ropey.

If it wasn´t we wouldn´t be seeing the return of restrictions.

skyblue1991

If you don't want it don't have it

For those that feel vunerable, if it means 4x trips to the vaccination centre to give them the best chance of living normally without having to worry then I think most would take it

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

CCFCSteve

I did a PCR test this morning just waiting on a text message in the morning with my result.
I had two positive lateral flows at the weekend.
Just glad I’m double vaccinated and not an anti vaxxer!!

Exactly. It gives a level of peace of mind

They're only anecdotal but it’s heart breaking when you hear or read docs and nurses stories about unvaccinated people in ICU begging for the vaccine or regretting their decision to refuse it.

fernandopartridge

Saw pictures from a national teachers awards ceremony last night where not one of them were wearing masks & hugging etc & having the time of their lives &,as of tomorro,kids are being told to muzzle up again all day long to protect themselves & the teachers? Fucking hypocrites
Teachers don't make the rules, the government does

Reactions: PVA

Grendel

For saying that someone was just following the rules means I think they don't have a mind? 😂 What bizarre logic.

So you won’t wear a mask unless boris tells you to

that’s interesting

Grendel

Where did I say that?

Well you’ve said unless it’s the law people should have no self awareness ot self responsibility if they think otherwise

Grendel

Nope....slashed to a 3 month gap for all adults......all a bit mental tbh....

I assume there is evidence that the third jab is not harmful we have lots of stock and it seems to give 95% protection. So I guess it’s ok and as long as everyone has it we are pretty safe

Grendel

No,I mean when I go to change my appointment, it offers no alternative sooner than six months. Don't really fancy Christmas Eve, tbh!

You probably could find another venue - Pete had his done In a walk in place the other day

jimmyhillsfanclub

No,I mean when I go to change my appointment, it offers no alternative sooner than six months. Don't really fancy Christmas Eve, tbh!
Oh I see. Apologies mate, misunderstood you.
My booster is currently booked between xmas and new year....be nice to bring it forward a fortnight as I've got too much on over the Christmas week

Johnnythespider

I'll have one a month if needs be, send it in the post I'll jab myself with it.

Kieranp96

I support the jabs but i wont be getting my third atleast until i have had a antibody test, ive been ill that many times recently without testing because im abroad and haven't really been leaving house, so antibody test fordt then 3rd jab if antibodies are low, if not will wait until modofied booster.

Users who are viewing this thread