Coronavirus Thread (Off Topic, Politics) (12 Viewers)

CCFCSteve

What I’m saying to you is show me the hard evidence on why uptake is lower rather than speculating that it’s just because young people are idiots.

Google the reasons why they aren’t. Many aren’t idiots but just haven’t changed their views. Many don’t think it’s something that effects them or certainly not enough to warrant ‘the risk’ of getting vaccinated. It’s an outdated view. I can’t get in their heads, have they not bothered following the news, too busy to read more recent real world data/evidence, follow idiots on social media ?! Who knows.

I think more will get vaccinated when they see friends or family contract Covid. Again, the numbers are still good but there’s a large number unvaccinated

ps reasons like risk to fertility, other possible side effects, ‘would rather wait’, risk of clotting from vaccine etc. My point is that there is now evidence dealing with all/majority of these. Why aren’t they accepting this evidence is the question ?

Brighton Sky Blue

Google the reasons why they aren’t. Many aren’t idiots but just haven’t changed their views. Many don’t think it’s something that effects them or certainly not enough to warrant ‘the risk’ of getting vaccinated. It’s an outdated view. I can’t get in their heads, have they not bothered following the news, too busy to read more recent real world data/evidence, follow idiots on social media ?! Who knows.

I think more will get vaccinated when they see friends or family contract Covid. Again, the numbers are still good but there’s a large number unvaccinated

If I Google I’ll see anecdotes, what I want are some surveys of this age group along with other groups we know to be more hesitant.

Interesting that you mention not keeping up with more recent data when furiously disinfecting surfaces remains a widespread practice in most places despite us having known for ages that it isn’t surface transmitted.

CCFCSteve

If I Google I’ll see anecdotes, what I want are some surveys of this age group along with other groups we know to be more hesitant.

Interesting that you mention not keeping up with more recent data when furiously disinfecting surfaces remains a widespread practice in most places despite us having known for ages that it isn’t surface transmitted.

Yeah, I agree, it’s bizarre. I wonder if a lot of that is to give people visual/mental comfort

Also hygienic so not the end of the world !

Brighton Sky Blue

Yeah, I agree, it’s bizarre. I wonder if a lot of that is to give people visual/mental comfort

Also hygienic so not the end of the world !

That is basically it, giving the perception of preventing infection for low cost compared to taking proper steps to ventilate spaces which would be more expensive and less visible.

If you stay at a hotel they’ll be fine letting you go around without a mask but you’ll have to eat out of cardboard boxes, not get your room serviced and you’ll see the staff furiously bleaching the hand rails.

NorthernWisdom

All of that. There’s just a real scepticism as well. They think they know better than the medical profession, are ignoring the real world data and would rather take advice from tik tok (couldn’t resist the last one 😊)

I still believe that vaccination should be an individuals choice and can understand some of the younger adults genuine arguments, however, I think a lot of these have been debunked by the Delta Variant, which does appear to have a greater impact on the young. It’s also been proven the risks of clotting etc from covid are far greater than from any of the jabs. It’s like they haven’t updated their knowledge from 9-12 months ago !
Some of it's bad communication too. I only realised it was now officially OK for pregnant women to have the jab the other day, when they were complaining barely any were having it.

If they were like me, that may have been the first they knew it was OK!

Tommo1993

There’s probably greater infertility risk from actually getting covid rather than the vaccines.

It was a big worry in our house before that vaccine/infertility theory was nipped in the bud. We’re now trying to save to have private medical help, otherwise next available appointment on NHS is summer 2023!

Brighton Sky Blue

If it's as well as I have little problem - as Steve says, does little harm. I agree if instead of getting ventilation right, etc.

It’s quite labour intensive for not much gain and if anything some of the products used are more irritant to you than lingering microbes. We cannot spend the rest of our lives worrying about germs to this extent and as we may well see with the resurgence of flu this winter it does more harm than we might think.

wingy

It’s quite labour intensive for not much gain and if anything some of the products used are more irritant to you than lingering microbes. We cannot spend the rest of our lives worrying about germs to this extent and as we may well see with the resurgence of flu this winter it does more harm than we might think.
IDK if furlough is closing shortly, a little job creation can't harm?

Brighton Sky Blue

IDK if furlough is closing shortly, a little job creation can't harm?

We seem to be ignoring the environmental aspect of using so much disposable stuff when there is no need. Many more jobs could be created through investment in proper ventilation of indoor businesses and transport

Nick

Administrator
Was a couple of young people on the news this morning about the "prizes for vaccines".

No surprise they were activist type bellends who will no doubt be the first to scramble the placards if they were refused treatment.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

They used to do the queue jump passes at Rosie Malones 'Ivy House' or whatever for Colly Monday.

Instead of buying 6 drinks to get it, just get your jab in return.

Problem solved by about 11pm tonight.

Sick Boy

All I know is that the way I felt after the second jab, I do not ever, ever want to experience what the actual virus must be like if you had a bad case
I had mine on Monday afternoon and only just feel something approaching normality.

Sick Boy

What did you have? Mine was Pfizer- felt nothing first time round but second one KO'd me for days.
Both doses were Pfizer as well. The first one was manageable but yesterday I felt like shit, also had problems sleeping.

Last edited:

Kieranp96

Both doses were Pfizer as well. The first one was manageable but yesterday I felt like shit, also had problems sleeping.
You lot Must be unlucky I ha dmy jabs both didn't even touch me, worst part about the jab was the stupid women ramming it in my shoulder and causing me to bleed 😂

fernandopartridge

Liquid Gold

I felt fine after both Pfizer jabs. Just a bit of a dead arm.

I’m not sure that’s a good thing though as my body just accepted it in.

NorthernWisdom

clint van damme

I felt fine after both Pfizer jabs. Just a bit of a dead arm.

I’m not sure that’s a good thing though as my body just accepted it in.

always wondered this about a hangover, are you better to get them or not?
Is not getting one a sign of your body not even bothering to right itself?

Users who are viewing this thread