Coronavirus Thread (Off Topic, Politics) (10 Viewers)

CCFCSteve

Take lateral flow. It’s not law it’s advisory

Agreed. If I was Andy I’d take a few LFs this week and if clear next weekend get to the game !

ps if track and trace call, or if you’re positive, legally got to self isolate though Andy

Edit - just seen DODs post, yeah, if track and trace made contact defo got to stay in. Sorry Andy, hope you avoid the virus at least !

Last edited:

skybluetony176

Romesh is the BBC’s go to comedian and deservingly so. He’s a funny funny guy, pretty non political too. Been to see him live and he isn’t political on stage either.

skybluetony176

Hes the best of a bad bunch.

Stand up generally has been poor for a while TBF. Worlds got too political.
He’s not political though. Live he’s very much out of the Richard Prior mould. His comedy is based solely on his life and family. Really polished performer too live.

shmmeee

Couldn’t think where to put this but this is as good a place as any. Fantastic thread on trust in experts and “doing your own research” from a disgusting frozen meat snack company in the states of all places:

Sick Boy

I saw they’re now talking about an ‘Amber Watch’ list for travel.
Just saw that Spain now have the highest % of double vaccinated in Europe, that’s some going over the last few months.

shmmeee

Why do you think that is? Are those that haven't had the jab afraid it will cause them long term problems in the future (e.g. infertility)?

Disorganised, not at risk, hard to track down as not registered with GP, probably a bit of conspiracy bollocks as well cos they’re kids.

CCFCSteve

Disorganised, not at risk, hard to track down as not registered with GP, probably a bit of conspiracy bollocks as well cos they’re kids.

All of that. There’s just a real scepticism as well. They think they know better than the medical profession, are ignoring the real world data and would rather take advice from tik tok (couldn’t resist the last one 😊)

I still believe that vaccination should be an individuals choice and can understand some of the younger adults genuine arguments, however, I think a lot of these have been debunked by the Delta Variant, which does appear to have a greater impact on the young. It’s also been proven the risks of clotting etc from covid are far greater than from any of the jabs. It’s like they haven’t updated their knowledge from 9-12 months ago !

Brighton Sky Blue

All of that. There’s just a real scepticism as well. They think they know better than the medical profession, are ignoring the real world data and would rather take advice from tik tok (couldn’t resist the last one 😊)

I still believe that vaccination should be an individuals choice and can understand some of the younger adults genuine arguments, however, I think a lot of these have been debunked by the Delta Variant, which does appear to have a greater impact on the young. It’s also been proven the risks of clotting etc from covid are far greater than from any of the jabs. It’s like they haven’t updated their knowledge from 9-12 months ago !

Got any evidence that this is the reason for lower uptake or are you just asserting that it’s only this age group that believes nonsense on social media?

Grendel

Got any evidence that this is the reason for lower uptake or are you just asserting that it’s only this age group that believes nonsense on social media?

What are the reasons then?

CCFCSteve

Just anecdotal and then based on numbers. On LBC they had a call in aimed at young people and trying to address any vaccine fears or concerns they might have, with a scientist/medical professional dealing with their questions. Several uni students called up and trotted out absolute nonsense. I think the scientist must’ve had their head in their hands

Of course there’s people of all ages that listen and follow crap on social media but the numbers are suggesting there’s currently more younger people. As I say unfortunately many appear to be taking their knowledge/understanding from months ago....the world and virus has changed (I’ve certainly changed my view on personal risk from Covid in recent months)

Brighton Sky Blue

What are the reasons then?

I haven’t seen actual polling on the reasons-but Steve’s anecdotes and ‘lol young people on TikTok’ aren’t convincing me. Ignoring of course the many stories of students queuing round the block whenever a university announced a walk in was available.

Believing conspiracy nonsense isn’t solely the preserve of the under 25s

Brighton Sky Blue

Just anecdotal and then based on numbers. On LBC they had a call in aimed at young people and trying to address any vaccine fears or concerns they might have, with a scientist/medical professional dealing with their questions. Several uni students called up and trotted out absolute nonsense. I think the scientist must’ve had their head in their hands

Of course there’s people of all ages that listen and follow crap on social media but the numbers are suggesting there’s currently more younger people. As I say unfortunately many appear to be taking their knowledge/understanding from months ago....the world and virus has changed (I’ve certainly changed my view on personal risk from Covid in recent months)

What I’m saying to you is show me the hard evidence on why uptake is lower rather than speculating that it’s just because young people are idiots.

CCFCSteve

I haven’t seen actual polling on the reasons-but Steve’s anecdotes and ‘lol young people on TikTok’ aren’t convincing me. Ignoring of course the many stories of students queuing round the block whenever a university announced a walk in was available.

Believing conspiracy nonsense isn’t solely the preserve of the under 25s

The tik tok comment was partially tongue in cheek...I even put a smiley face. The bigger issue is many havent updated their knowledge/understanding

The queues we’re amazing and I’ve said before 70% is impressive uptake...especially when compared to some older age groups of other nations. However there still approx 30% of under 30s not jabbed. Something isn’t right.

It’s their call. I’m double jabbed and am just recovering from Covid. I’m not blaming anyone else but they could/should be protecting themselves

Grendel

Grendel

That didn’t take long 😉

Well there’s a link to the independent article - one guy at work said the vaccine was bad and there’s a scientist that’s often saying it

He named the scientist. He used to be a goalkeeper

Brighton Sky Blue

The tik tok comment was partially tongue in cheek...I even put a smiley face. The bigger issue is many havent updated their knowledge/understanding

The queues we’re amazing and I’ve said before 70% is impressive uptake...especially when compared to some older age groups of other nations. However there still approx 30% of under 30s not jabbed. Something isn’t right.

It’s their call. I’m double jabbed and am just recovering from Covid. I’m not blaming anyone else but they could/should be protecting themselves

All I’ve asked for are numbers rather than assertions for what the reasons that remaining 30% have. If you have them I’d gladly have a look.

Users who are viewing this thread