Coronavirus Thread (Off Topic, Politics) (16 Viewers)

jimmyhillsfanclub

Sounds like France going back into a hard lockdown after months of trying to avoid it. Just incredible what's happening in Europe right now compared to here.

Yep....its looking an absolute shit-show.....its certainly clear that piss poor leadership & a denial or refusal to follow scientific evidence is not just the preserve of the British government.

clint van damme

Sounds like France going back into a hard lockdown after months of trying to avoid it. Just incredible what's happening in Europe right now compared to here.

And they're still trying to pour s on ontheAZ vaccine. Absolute madness

wingy

Was reading about the famed herd immunity and one of the biggest barrier to achieving it is not being able to vaccinate enough people due to the groups who have to be excluded for some reason (those being treated for other things, age restrictions, pregnant etc). If we can open up another group who can be vaccinated then we're a step closer to going back to 'normal'.

The other thing that was mentioned was that herd immunity relies on the vaccinated not only protecting themselves but no longer being infectious, some early real world data showing some positive results in that direction as well.
The other aspect of vaccinating children I think would be the much vaunted need for effective ,continual non disrupted education and of course the mental health equation too.

For their own slice of normality.

Brighton Sky Blue

The other aspect of vaccinating children I think would be the much vaunted need for effective ,continual non disrupted education and of course the mental health equation too.

For their own slice of normality.

Shouldn’t need that schools are safe and they never transmit

chiefdave

Does anyone else get confused by the efficiency percentages that get thrown around? When it was posted that the Pfizer jab has 100% efficiency in kids I googled to check what it was in adults as I had a feeling it was lower than that. You get all sorts of figures thrown back ranging from 52 - 95%.

And it seems efficiency can cover a wide range of things from not getting covid at all, not being symptomatic, hospital admissions or deaths, each with their own different figures.

I just want to know if its safe to go to the pub!

robbiekeane

herd immunity relies on the vaccinated not only protecting themselves but no longer being infectious, some early real world data showing some positive results in that direction as well.
That is really good news, would really appreciate any links to that kind of stuff if you get a second mate

Brighton Sky Blue

I can see both sides of this tbh, I’m 52 and the last year has been a fricking nightmare but I’ve behaved and ‘on the whole’ stuck to the rules, me at 16, 17, 18 etc :unsure: I’m not so sure I’d have been so compliant.

I wouldn’t have trashed the park at that age

Brylowes

The results I expected to be honest.
Yep, this is what I said to Grendal the other day, fairly easy to package and sell the idea of vaccine passports to the general public, many of who would be proud and eager to carry one, less would consider the many complications and contradictions such a move would throw up.

D

Deleted member 4439

I can see both sides of this tbh, I’m 52 and the last year has been a fricking nightmare but I’ve behaved and ‘on the whole’ stuck to the rules, me at 16, 17, 18 etc :unsure: I’m not so sure I’d have been so compliant.

Agree. But I would have been a lot more responsible for what I left behind. And it IS getting worse. The local shops to me, in not a bad area, regularly has gas cannisters strewn around the car park, as if the guys are trying to make a statement.

Me, I always put me old rizlas and empty tin foil in the bin.

CCFCSteve

Not surprised they got carried away and can’t blame them too much, but at least clear up after yourselves !!! (Not just the kids, everyone who piled down the parks and beaches)

Brighton Sky Blue

Not surprised they got carried away and can’t blame them too much, but at least clear up after yourselves !!! (Not just the kids, everyone who piled down the parks and beaches)

This is more what annoys me to be honest, just trashing the place and expecting someone else to clean it all up. Not like there's no bins in the park FFS

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

His behaviour on this thread is a disgrace. I can undersstand where the likes of you and Liquid_Gold are coming from, but he's descended to ridiculing experts and mocking the afflicted, before playing the victim when they respond. Imagine if I were to wade in two-footed on the mental health thread after he announced his diagnosis?

It's nothing on the same level whatsoever.

You, and some people, want others locked down for your own benefit. That has nothing to do with attacking a mental health diagnosis, and once again, trying to draw that comparison the make your own side of the story akin to victimhood is ridiculous.

Just because I can't afford a Ferrari, doesn't mean I don't want anyone else to have one just because I can't.

NorthernWisdom

You, and some people, want others locked down for your own benefit. That has nothing to do with attacking a mental health diagnosis, and once again, trying to draw that comparison the make your own side of the story akin to victimhood is ridiculous.

Just because I can't afford a Ferrari, doesn't mean I don't want anyone else to have one just because I can't.
Fuck off you absiolutely clueless cretin.

Brighton Sky Blue

Fuck off you absiolutely clueless cretin.

Just leave it or put each other on ignore

Users who are viewing this thread