Coronavirus Thread (Off Topic, Politics) (10 Viewers)

Skybluefaz

You fucking moron, what's the difference between a 82 year old vs a 22 year old? Both human only difference is is one has been the back bond of the country for 60 years and the other is the future. Selfish prick.

And we have the same Strain of the virus as we have had for months, the same one that mutated Italy before it, since then there's only been one major mutation and all it does is effects a different part of the cell, still as deadly.

giphy.gif

fernandopartridge

We should’ve locked down this week and next while schools are off. They aren’t going to do it until Xmas now the silly fuckers.
I think in this country they're trying to nudge behaviour (Johnson) while not actually being prepared to bear the cost of a full lockdown. The gloom of March and worry for elderly parents is well and truly back.

Sky Blue Pete

Dead interesting

chiefdave

Be interested to get the views of the teachers on here. Geoff Barton, head of the ASCL head teachers union, has expressed concern already about pupils being properly prepared for next years exams given the high level of pupil absence.

In just the last week 46% of secondary schools have had pupils absent due to covid.

Of course as with everything there's been a sudden change in how the figures are reported making it difficult to track from week to week. Something to hide?
In previous weeks the Department for Education (DfE) has published a figure showing how many schools were only partially open because of having to send home groups of pupils - which had risen to 21%.

But the latest weekly figures use a different way of showing how attendance has been affected during the pandemic - based on one or more pupils having to self-isolate.

NorthernWisdom

Be interested to get the views of the teachers on here. Geoff Barton, head of the ASCL head teachers union, has expressed concern already about pupils being properly prepared for next years exams given the high level of pupil absence.

In just the last week 46% of secondary schools have had pupils absent due to covid.

Of course as with everything there's been a sudden change in how the figures are reported making it difficult to track from week to week. Something to hide?
tbf, that sounds like it might be more transparent.

Brighton Sky Blue

I guess a more accurate measure would be ‘days lost’ as an aggregated total from all pupils off because of Covid. Where I am at least I am expected to be teaching people by Teams as the lesson is happening in the classroom, so they are still participating if they log in.

Evo1883

My daughters class has been sent home today and need to isolate for 2 weeks... Lad in class tested positive

Ian1779

Fuckloads to hide. There’s only one way to get a grip on this virus escalating and yet they remain in denial about doing it.

The sooner they admit that exams can’t be done fairly for all the better. Put all that energy and time into creating an adequate system and then scrutinising the input from school in a comprehensive manner.

CCFCSteve

Manchester apparently given just £20 million for being forced into Tier 3

They turned down more apparently. I quite like Burnham and he’s right to stand up for Manchester, however, he’s been all over the shop over the past few days. The way I read it, he was happy for the whole country to be lockdown down but not for Manchester to go into Tier three and has then subsequently accused the government of manipulating hospital admissions stats to I increase worry/panic (ie suggesting they aren’t that bad) - probably correct ! Which one is it mate ?!

If it’s true that the city’s confirmed cases are decreasing and dependent on hospital capacity (if he’s right and it’s running at similar levels to normal for this time of year) I’d side with Burnham on this....without the bullshit efforts to drag the rest of the country into a lockdown. He can’t have it both ways though

NorthernWisdom

They turned down more apparently. I quite like Burnham and he’s right to stand up for Manchester, however, he’s been all over the shop over the past few days. The way I read it, he was happy for the whole country to be lockdown down but not for Manchester to go into Tier three and has then subsequently accused the government of manipulating hospital admissions stats to I increase worry/panic (ie suggesting they aren’t that bad) - probably correct ! Which one is it mate ?!

If it’s true that the city’s confirmed cases are decreasing and dependent on hospital capacity (if he’s right and it’s running at similar levels to normal for this time of year) I’d side with Burnham on this....without the bullshit efforts to drag the rest of the country into a lockdown. He can’t have it both ways though
I'm finding this whole negotiation thing a little bizarre anyway. Either it needs to go into top tier or it doesn't, and fannying around for a week doesn't exactly convey the urgency!

Users who are viewing this thread