Coronavirus Thread (Off Topic, Politics) (16 Viewers)

Grendel

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

I’m not I’m saying it will still help and these problems will be sorted very quickly

You'd think it could be as you need to ensure the NHS/PHE tests get a validation code but given how often left and right hand aren't even aware of each others existence let alone knowing what it's doing it's probably going to be way more convulted than you'd expect. It's like the govt database - you'd think it'd be reasonably quick to have a system all linked together in the same organsiation but after years and billions of pounds got scrapped because they couldn't solve the issues.

You'd probably find that with a validation code Serco would have them then classified as tests they've done and want paying for them even though they'd done bugger all.

The fact that some of those I've heard talking don't seem to understand what the issue is regarding inputting the data doesn't bode well for sorting the problem quickly.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Locking kids up in University Halls and not allowing them home is a fresh kind of hell.

Meanwhile Johnson's dad who is in the vulnerable age category can fuck off whenever he likes to pretty much wherever he likes.

Grendel

Grendel

But when you've got a deadly pandemic around they need to be allowed much louder voices. Certainly on a par with the usual economy driven rhetoric.

Businesses leaders are allowed opinions on how stuff like healthcare and education should be run.

Were they during let’s say the Hong Kong pandemic?

Ian1779

I want him to put his money where his mouth is on ‘schools are safe’ and allow us to work unrestricted. If they are then I shouldn’t have to behave like a surgeon each time I enter a classroom
He won’t though - because he knows and you probably deep down know that they aren’t safe in terms of stopping the spread of the virus (not the effect of the virus itself).

We’ve got cases soaring and would be a lot higher if there were sufficient testing facilities, and this is with these kind of measures we are having to work in.

Brighton Sky Blue

He won’t though - because he knows and you probably deep down know that they aren’t safe in terms of stopping the spread of the virus (not the effect of the virus itself).

We’ve got cases soaring and would be a lot higher if there were sufficient testing facilities, and this is with these kind of measures we are having to work in.

You also probably deep down know that teaching in the half way house is farcical and cheapens the idea that kids are getting a proper education in it. Let us teach normally and the masses of asymptomatic children will become asymptomatic off each other. Ignoring of course that flu and cold will make them more ill this winter. Unpopular to say but I will say it anyway

NorthernWisdom

Neighbour turned up back at his house at about 10:20 last night, pissed out his head, with a couple of mates.

Thought he was back early, then realised it was because the pub had closed at 10. Just shows, it's a stupid compromise that pleases nobody. May as well leave the pubs open, if you're not prepared to close them and offer some aid to tide them over. This just hurts their business, and does nothing to stop transmission.

Ian1779

You also probably deep down know that teaching in the half way house is farcical and cheapens the idea that kids are getting a proper education in it. Let us teach normally and the masses of asymptomatic children will become asymptomatic off each other. Ignoring of course that flu and cold will make them more ill this winter. Unpopular to say but I will say it anyway
For practical subjects like yours I totally agree, this arrangement is crap and you’ve been given no proper support from exam boards, Ofqual or other organisations that should be working overtime to find a way to mitigate for this.

I’m sorry I can’t agree about the mass immunity notion. We do not know if there are kids that have underlying issues that haven’t been discovered, who kids interact with in their family units that are at risk as well as the proportion of kids that themselves are high risk. Add to that no trace and track system and you have the potential for carnage.

Every child in the system should be given the seasonal flu vaccination this year to try and combat further illness.

clint van damme

Neighbour turned up back at his house at about 10:20 last night, pissed out his head, with a couple of mates.

Thought he was back early, then realised it was because the pub had closed at 10. Just shows, it's a stupid compromise that pleases nobody. May as well leave the pubs open, if you're not prepared to close them and offer some aid to tide them over. This just hurts their business, and does nothing to stop transmission.

seeing pictures from all over country of impromptu gatherings post closing time.

Me and the wife decided to nip into the Aardvark early evening for a couple on Friday. Every guideline was adhered to, including wearing a mask when you leave your table. If people stick to that then it doesn't really matter what time it is.
I suppose there's a train of thought that as people drink more things start to slip but the staff there seemed to marshall it well and were on top of things.

NorthernWisdom

seeing pictures from all over country of impromptu gatherings post closing time.

Me and the wife decided to nip into the Aardvark early evening for a couple on Friday. Every guideline was adhered to, including wearing a mask when you leave your table. If people stick to that then it doesn't really matter what time it is.
I suppose there's a train of thought that as people drink more things start to slip but the staff there seemed to marshall it well and were on top of things.
You either let it carry on, or close them. It's true that leaving them open will increase transmission, while it's also true that restricting their trade will hurt pubs financially. To manage to do both serves nobody.

And I bet there was less mask wearing in my neighbour's living room than there would have been in the pub!

Brighton Sky Blue

For practical subjects like yours I totally agree, this arrangement is crap and you’ve been given no proper support from exam boards, Ofqual or other organisations that should be working overtime to find a way to mitigate for this.

I’m sorry I can’t agree about the mass immunity notion. We do not know if there are kids that have underlying issues that haven’t been discovered, who kids interact with in their family units that are at risk as well as the proportion of kids that themselves are high risk. Add to that no trace and track system and you have the potential for carnage.

Every child in the system should be given the seasonal flu vaccination this year to try and combat further illness.

It already happens Ian, lots of mixing within the year group and between them because of siblings-the only thing I’m asking is to let the teacher go over and help.

Grendel

Has anyone seen the coronavirus ad from the mad Sturgeon

Jesus Christ

Grendel

Grendel

Yea just saw, slightly OTT.. Mind you that's her all over... OTT

I hate to think what Sturgeon would have done with the AIDS epidemic - banned gays from leaving the house and make them wear a pink star

Ian1779

It already happens Ian, lots of mixing within the year group and between them because of siblings-the only thing I’m asking is to let the teacher go over and help.
I do agree on this point. I am finding it really difficult to offer any kind of meaningful feedback during a lesson because it have to stay in my ‘box’ at the front.

Brighton Sky Blue

I do agree on this point. I am finding it really difficult to offer any kind of meaningful feedback during a lesson because it have to stay in my ‘box’ at the front.

It is also hard to get whole class responses beyond the basic stuff

Last edited:

David O'Day

Sorted David

Cool now they need to find a way of adding the couple of 100k tests results that couldn't be entered.

While they are at it they can fix the issue that means you can't check out of a pub unless you check into a new one meaning lots of people could be advise to self isolate wrongly.

Pete you are smarter than this I hope, it's a half finished piece of shit that while do more harm than good.

Brighton Sky Blue

Cool now they need to find a way of adding the couple of 100k tests results that couldn't be entered.

While they are at it they can fix the issue that means you can't check out of a pub unless you check into a new one meaning lots of people could be advise to self isolate wrongly.

Pete you are smarter than this I hope, it's a half finished piece of shit that while do more harm than good.

It won’t let me change my postcode after I put in the wrong one by error

David O'Day

It won’t let me change my postcode after I put in the wrong one by error

Yep it's glitchy as fuck. You'd think a tracing app would make use of the geolocation features and work out where you are.

They haven't really fixed the app test results issue either as you then have to go and actually request a code.

Why have we released a half finished app that adds very little. Money would of been better spent on the local PH teams who are experience track and tracers.

Brighton Sky Blue

Yep it's glitchy as fuck. You'd think a tracing app would make use of the geolocation features and work out where you are.

They haven't really fixed the app test results issue either as you then have to go and actually request a code.

Why have we released a half finished app that adds very little. Money would of been better spent on the local PH teams who are experience track and tracers.

It’s about creating a perception of being seen to make progress. Like sending people back to school and uni, or stopping the briefings, or releasing half baked apps

David O'Day

It’s about creating a perception of being seen to make progress. Like sending people back to school and uni, or stopping the briefings, or releasing half baked apps

Loads of people complaining that they are unable to check in and all the the app people say is "you need to use an official NHS QR code" but people were. They can't check into places like Maccies etc.

Brighton Sky Blue

Loads of people complaining that they are unable to check in and all the the app people say is "you need to use an official NHS QR code" but people were. They can't check into places like Maccies etc.

To be fair I’ve checked in at 2 different places with no problem

Users who are viewing this thread