Coronavirus Thread (Off Topic, Politics) (14 Viewers)

chiefdave

waiting for various people to crunch numbers of new employment scheme but despite some negative comments on here, seen positive responses from TUC and CBI. No scheme is going to be without it’s faults (it feels a bit clunky) but hopefully it will help keep large numbers borderline redundancies in work.
Hopefully it will work but I'm struggling to see how to be honest. Seems to rely on employers paying for hours employees haven't worked instead of just paying them for the hours worked. What benefit is there for employers to do that?

Personally not confident that relying on employers to 'do the right thing' is going to have the desired effect.

The countries that the scheme is said to be modelled on as far as I can make out only require the employer to pay for the hours worked, the state covers the remaining payment.

Sky Blue Pete

What are you saying? It’s not as bad. Deaths aren’t as bad, it’s all China and world health organisations fault and johnson is a hero

skybluetony176

I'm not saying anything diffrent 🤷‍♂️.
I think the point he’s making is that less people work in the NHS than live in Greece. Less people live in care homes than Greece, which has one of the oldest populations in Europe. When you extrapolate the numbers for any demographic and compare it to pretty much any other country “we” fucked up.

Brighton Sky Blue

I think the point he’s making is that less people work in the NHS than live in Greece. Less people live in care homes than Greece, which has one of the oldest populations in Europe. When you extrapolate the numbers for any demographic and compare it to pretty much any other country “we” fucked up.

Don't forget G said it was a stupid comparison.

Evo1883

I went to my daughters school the other day and atleast half the parents weren't wearing masks... Now for me it's got to be a couple of things.
1.ridiculous stubbornness
2.thick as fuck

It's definitely not just an older generation problem, it's accross all age groups

Masks must be mandatory, and supplied free to the population

Kieranp96

I went to my daughters school the other day and atleast half the parents weren't wearing masks... Now for me it's got to be a couple of things.
2.thick as fuck

It's definitely not just an older generation problem, it's accross all age groups

I put it down to lack of respect,

skybluetony176

2.thick as fuck

My own observation is that the older generation are leading the way. If I’m in a shop and some isn’t wearing a mask it’s typically the 20-40 year old range.

Ian1779

I put it down to lack of respect,
I think it’s an entitlement embedded into the psyche of some people. They see masks as a restriction of their human rights, rather than it being their civic responsibility to look after your fellow countryman.

skybluetony176

Now he is a numpty, the guy refused to belive in the virus and it got a foothold and we'll you can see how many it's killed.
Only two weeks ago Boris was saying back too normal by Xmas, at the conference where sage were telling us not to shake hands Boris was saying you’ll be glad to hear I visited a hospital and shook hands with everyone including those with Covid. He gives him a run for his money.

Kieranp96

My own observation is that the older generation are leading the way. If I’m in a shop and some isn’t wearing a mask it’s typically the 20-40 year old range.
I seen someone today in asda Walsgrave without a mask and the guy was probaly atleast 35 stone the health issues he probaly has would probaly kill him if he contracted it, yet my 78 year old granny who has lung cancer and asthma wears one 🤷‍♂️.

Kieranp96

I think it’s an entitlement embedded into the psyche of some people. They see masks as a restriction of their human rights, rather than it being their civic responsibility to look after your fellow countryman.
Better way of putting it yea, the only thing it does is make my face a little warmer than what it normally is 😂, but I won't wear a mask unless I'm going into a shop or a uber.

Evo1883

An awful lot more people today also believe in conspiracy theories than many years ago...

Social media is rife atm

I mean you can be sceptical, but some things I read are flat out lunacy.

Grendel

No coincidence that it’s 3 populists leading the charge on the worlds Cov-ID incompetence.

Macron is the ultimate populist surely?

Kieranp96

Only two weeks ago Boris was saying back too normal by Xmas, at the conference where sage were telling us not to shake hands Boris was saying you’ll be glad to hear I visited a hospital and shook hands with everyone including those with Covid. He gives him a run for his money.
Was more like 3 months ago when the virus was subsiding a little, but it was always garenteed to return it follows the same pattern as the flu it wouldn't surprise me at all if we do see 20k cases daily in the coming months unless people get a grip and follow guidelines.

Brighton Sky Blue

I can't breathe properly with it on.

Users who are viewing this thread