Coronavirus Thread (Off Topic, Politics) (35 Viewers)

Ring Of Steel

Is lockdown effectively over now? I'm not knocking people going to shops, but if the government is encouraging people to go out and spend surely that is not 'staying alert'.

Don't worry, we have all bases covered including time travellers trying to get in to infect us

Nick

Administrator
Is lockdown effectively over now? I'm not knocking people going to shops, but if the government is encouraging people to go out and spend surely that is not 'staying alert'.
It depends. You can get on a plane, go to the zoo, queue up in massive queues for shops, protest, counter protest and everything else but it's too dangerous for a kid to go to school.

Nick

Administrator
Funny really that a woman gets sent to jail in America for refusing to close her Salon to keep herself and her employees in a job but hundreds of thousands are lining the streets every other day over there.

The police can't do anything, all of their resources are going on the BLM stuff. The lockdown can't be policed.

chiefdave

Wasn't there supposed to be a boycott of Sports Direct because of the way Ashley treated staff during lockdown?

Reporter on Sky is in Selfridges talking about what a fantastic job they've done in setting up social distancing while a shopper literally bumps into him.
And the cunts posting pictures of the nike store but ignoring the other stores are racist twunts
Are they genuinely from today? All stores look bad but at least seem to have made some vague attempt at social distancing. The pictures being shared of the Nike store on Oxford Street look like they're from a Boxing Day or Black Friday sale, people literally trying to shove each other out of the way to get in the store.

Ring Of Steel

It's not so much shopping, it's the trend of being the first in the shop and posting selfies.

Why wouldn't they just leave it until next week when the bandwagon has died down or order online?

Just saw a tweet- "when you're in Primark make sure you get new pyjamas for when you end up in ICU"

A little extreme but god only knows what all this is gonna do.

chiefdave

Is there literally anything they can't fuck up?

Its very worrying that this government seems only able to work on one thing at a time. These plans should be available now so the business know what they need to do to open in 3 weeks time.

clint van damme

Is there literally anything they can't fuck up?

the shop where my wife rents her chair is opening in under 3 weeks and has a list of measures in place to protect staff and customers.
I'd don't know where they got their guidelines from but they must have got them from somewhere, they didn't pluck them out of thin air.
The government haven't got a clue what's going on. I think perhaps these comments apply just to hospitality.

Nick

Administrator
tbf I struggle with sizes until I try things on, so I've always bought my clothes in a shop rather than mail order.

Wouldn't rush myself just atm mind you, can live without for a few weeks!
So do I, can get to fuck if I'm queing for hours though.

Nike is mostly trainers, not like they need a bra fitting.

Imagine camping out to get into Primark, it's not even as if there's a massive sale. It's just normal isn't it?

Last edited:

fernandopartridge

1056 cases, 38 deaths. Good that it seems to really be going in the right direction.
93k tests - not good, means at best 46.5k tested which is piss poor, less than 25% of what was promised by Johnson.

Marty

I'm in desperate need of some new trainers, mine have worn right down with the amount I was walking, but I think I'll pass for a week or two, it's really not worth the risk.

ajsccfc

Why are people fighting to get in the Nike shop? You can literally buy all that online.

It's the same with Sports Direct, buying online means you don't have to go into a branch of the ugliest shop this side of WH Smith. Don't get it at all

Ring Of Steel

tbf I struggle with sizes until I try things on, so I've always bought my clothes in a shop rather than mail order.

Wouldn't rush myself just atm mind you, can live without for a few weeks!

Same here- in desperate need of jeans/ trousers but I can't be arsed guessing sizes then the hassle of returning, plus the very thought of queuing & fighting to even get into a shop fills me with dread

Nick

Administrator
It's the same with Sports Direct, buying online means you don't have to go into a branch of the ugliest shop this side of WH Smith. Don't get it at all
I can understand that as I think they were doing NHS discounts so people might need to use those, other than that what's the point?

fernandopartridge

Actually, just looked at the Monday death numbers over the last few weeks, it has always been followed by a massive increase in Tuesday so today's figures pretty meaningless

ajsccfc

I can understand that as I think they were doing NHS discounts so people might need to use those, other than that what's the point?

Ah ok, that makes more sense. Primark as well don't sell online so I get people going there. The one I'm waiting for is Specsavers as I'm overdue an eye test and the arm of my pair is now so wobbly I'm getting close to Jack Duckworth territory

clint van damme

Actually, just looked at the Monday death numbers over the last few weeks, it has always been followed by a massive increase in Tuesday so today's figures pretty meaningless

were the press present at todays conference or we're they still doing it remotely? If they weren't they should be. No need for them not to be there after restrictions were lifted today.

David O'Day

Ah ok, that makes more sense. Primark as well don't sell online so I get people going there. The one I'm waiting for is Specsavers as I'm overdue an eye test and the arm of my pair is now so wobbly I'm getting close to Jack Duckworth territory

Even at a 50% discount for NHS staff why queue to buy Lonsdale trackie bottoms and a giant mug

Skybluefaz

I can't really scoff at people wanting to go to Primark. Lots of people with kids growing at a ridiculous rate and not a lot of money haven't been able to get this kind of affordable clothing because they don't have any online offering.

David O'Day

I can't really scoff at people wanting to go to Primark. Lots of people with kids growing at a ridiculous rate and not a lot of money haven't been able to get this kind of affordable clothing because they don't have any online offering.

Wait a day or 2 though, no need to queue

Users who are viewing this thread