Coronavirus Thread (Off Topic, Politics) (72 Viewers)

Grendel

Don’t worry, if your the opposite of what deluded David thinks he’ll automatically call you right wing

Im waiting for David to come with another heavyweight argument of enormous gravitas such as “you are chatting bubbles kid” and the left wing intelligentsia of Tony BSB and ROS to shower him with adoring frequent usage of the like button

skybluetony176

Im waiting for David to come with another heavyweight argument of enormous gravitas such as “you are chatting bubbles kid” and the left wing intelligentsia of Tony BSB and ROS to shower him with adoring frequent usage of the like button
You just can’t stop yourself from talking about me. Beyond weird.

PVA

'Only'

What a fucking insensitive prick. They can't do anything right can they? They fuck up everything they touch.

I'm sure the families of those 36 people will be pleased to read this tweet.

PVA

Oh and I see Dom is still acting like there are only two possible options: ease lockdown now or lockdown FOREVER!!

SkyBlueDom26

'Only'

What a fucking insensitive prick. They can't do anything right can they? They fuck up everything they touch.

I'm sure the families of those 36 people will be pleased to read this tweet.

But compared to 1000 a day a few weeks ago?

Ian1779

What are you waiting for? To deflect the argument away when it becomes too big for you?

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

There won’t be any second shutdowns, we can’t afford it.....I know you probably want us locked down forever until this is gone but we can’t

So basically the plan you're suggesting is open up and regardless of the effect we can't shut down again. If the R rate surges and cases start going up alarmingly we just ignore it because we can't afford a second lockdown. Tens of thousands more people die and we 'take in on the chin'? The economic effects of doing that are going to be far worse than waiting a bit longer.

Look at the places that put economy first and tried to stay open. UK, US, Brazil. What do they have in common?

Ian1779

So basically the plan you're suggesting is open up and regardless of the effect we can't shut down again. If the R rate surges and cases start going up alarmingly we just ignore it because we can't afford a second lockdown. Tens of thousands more people die and we 'take in on the chin'? The economic effects of doing that are going to be far worse than waiting a bit longer.

Look at the places that put economy first and tried to stay open. UK, US, Brazil. What do they have in common?

Run by clowns?

SkyBlueDom26

The deluded brigade

chiefdave

But we've had a world leading track and trace system since June 1st haven't we? I'm confused

Heard someone from New Scientist on the radio when I was driving home. Said pretty much the same. Appears we're pinning our hopes on a vaccine yet with what is involved with preparing a vaccine it would be a miracle if we have one available as quickly as 12 months from now.

Said without a vaccine we have to massively improve the testing and the track and trace. Needs a huge capacity increase on the testing and quicker processing. Then needs track and trace to work properly.

Seems we're just loosening restrictions and hoping for the best as the rest of the world is coming out of lockdown. Problem is they're coming out of a proper lockdown which has had the desired effect, our numbers don't seem to be at the point we should be relaxing things and we don't seem to have the processes in place to deal with further, hopefully localised, outbreaks.

Nick

Administrator
Those gimps at their shit raves, it's just getting silly now. If there's a lockdown in place then people need to start getting fined.

SkyBlueDom26

I do find it weird that Dom is now so obsessed with the removal of any restrictions.

Or I don’t wanna live under a rock any longer, it’s been 12 weeks of lockdown now and we need to get back to normality as the numbers are nowhere near as high as what they were in the peak

SkyBlueDom26

Seems we're just loosening restrictions and hoping for the best as the rest of the world is coming out of lockdown. Problem is they're coming out of a proper lockdown which has had the desired effect, our numbers don't seem to be at the point we should be relaxing things and we don't seem to have the processes in place to deal with further, hopefully localised, outbreaks.

Oh ffs Dave, have you not looked at the numbers now compared to when we were at the peak

It’s time to start reopening we can’t live like this forever, if some people still don’t want to go out then that’s fine stay at home but let the rest of us get back to normality

David O'Day

Or I don’t wanna live under a rock any longer, it’s been 12 weeks of lockdown now and we need to get back to normality as the numbers are nowhere near as high as what they were in the peak

So basically you are bored so you think it's time to go back to normal even though the numbers are still much higher than other countries were when they started to loosen restrictions and all the experts up to the WHO are warning us we are taking these actions too early?

David O'Day

Oh ffs Dave, have you not looked at the numbers now compared to when we were at the peak

It’s time to start reopening we can’t live like this forever, if some people still don’t want to go out then that’s fine stay at home but let the rest of us get back to normality

People have looked at the numbers and the experts have stated it's still too early and the numbers are too high compared to other countries when they took the same steps.

Still who to believe, you or or the WHO.

SkyBlueDom26

People have looked at the numbers and the experts have stated it's still too early and the numbers are too high compared to other countries when they took the same steps.

Still who to believe, you or or the WHO.
Haha you actually rate the WHO? The same organisation that bullshited about coronavirus being transmitted in the first place

Users who are viewing this thread