Coronavirus Thread (Off Topic, Politics) (41 Viewers)

David O'Day

For the 5th day in a row no figure available for number of people tested due to a 'technical error'. Presumably the same technical error that seems to have occurred every day since it was flagged tests were being counted multiple times.
Just about to say that

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

skybluetony176

It's absurd. All he/Cummings had to do was apologise, say he was in the wrong, and it would have been brushed under the carpet.

The way they have doubled down is just so stupid on so many levels, and I think they are probably realising it now!
It’s the castle fairytale that gets me. They had three days to dream up that bullshit and clearly at no point did any of them come to the conclusion that they can’t let Cummings say that as it’s just so childishly ridiculous and then on top of that after they’ve seen the reaction to it they’ve continued with a charade on trying to make it sound like the fairytale would be acceptable behaviour. I find it incredible that this is the government doing this and not a bunch of teenagers trying to lie their way out of something that they shouldn’t have done in school.

David O'Day

Hancock haskins said that the app is only to complement the human tracers?

Wow, it does work yet

chiefdave

Just in case anyone was wondering who the Dido is that Johnson kept referencing its Dido Harding who has been put in charge of the track and trace program.

She was in charge of TalkTalk when the suffered one of the largest data breaches the UK has ever seen, reports at the time said "TalkTalk boss Dido Harding's utter ignorance is a lesson to us all". Obviously no reason to be concerned when unlike the rest of the world, where the data stays on your phone and isn't accessible to anyone, we are having all our data centralised, a nice target for any hacking attempt.

EZCnRJYXgAQv5iH.jpeg

David O'Day

Just in case anyone was wondering who the Dido is that Johnson kept referencing its Dido Harding who has been put in charge of the track and trace program.

She was in charge of TalkTalk when the suffered one of the largest data breaches the UK has ever seen, reports at the time said "TalkTalk boss Dido Harding's utter ignorance is a lesson to us all". Obviously no reason to be concerned when unlike the rest of the world, where the data stays on your phone and isn't accessible to anyone, we are having all our data centralised, a nice target for any hacking attempt.

View attachment 15199
Mate the app doesn't work yet

stupot07

Hancock can go fuck himself. He isnt telling me what I must do, and what my civic duty is after his hypocritical defence of Cummings who's own statement confirms he broke the lockdown rules on at least 3 occasions.

And while we're at it, the BBC spinelessly throwing Maitlis under the bus after government sources complained to the BBC bosses.

Trumponium

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

skybluetony176

View attachment 15199
Her husband is a Tory MP and she’s on the board of well known Coronavirus breading ground Cheltenham racecourse.

skybluetony176

Hancock can go fuck himself. He isnt telling me what I must do, and what my civic duty is after his hypocritical defence of Cummings who's own statement confirms he broke the lockdown rules on at least 3 occasions.

And while we're at it, the BBC spinelessly throwing Maitlis under the bus after government sources complained to the BBC bosses.

Trumponium

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
33C6E45B-3F0C-464C-8CA8-40C71CD291F8.gif

lordsummerisle

View attachment 15199

The only decent song she did was with Eminem too.

clint van damme

For the 5th day in a row no figure available for number of people tested due to a 'technical error'. Presumably the same technical error that seems to have occurred every day since it was flagged tests were being counted multiple times.

Didnt see today's press conference. Did anyone question this?

Sumo the Micky Quinn

Yes, approx 300€ per month per member of staff, he must be pulling his hair out.
I think most out here done ERTE as i don't think anyone expected this to go on so long
I only know of 1 person who was sacked with the promise of having his job back after this (he asked to be sacked as he thought PARO would be much faster than ERTE and he got his money straight away).

The bar owners out here met up before opening and decided that the small ones would open first as only locals here and the bigger ones with lot's of staff could not risk opening and then having to close again with no ERTE offered once you reopen.
Appears now though, that how can open up again and reduce staff hours so that they can get a smaller ERTE payment.

Do you have much of a winter trade? we do very well with Scandinavians although they prefer the restaurants to the bars.

So my daughters boss who has 3 bars has opened just the one, and took back only 2 members of staff, alongside himself, leaving the rest on ERTE, whilst her boss working as well. He reopened last Monday when phase 2 kicked-in, but regretting opening already. He can't open one of his bars as it's in a shopping centre, owned by a hotel, which won't be opening until the tourists arrive, which he is glad of. My wife's bar is in that shopping centre also.

When this first kicked off we thought PARO was worth 80% and ERTE was worth 70%, but we have since found out both are 70%.
The other problem we have here, alot of bars, english bars mainly, use the same assessors, so a lot of brits were on 2 hours aday contracts when being paid 40hr weeks, so only got 70% of there contract. A huge drop in money. I dont know whether that goes on in Gran Can.

Our busiest time here for tourists is obviously the school summer holidays. We remain busy throughout the year, however we get quiet, not far from being dead mid November to mid December and same again between Easter and mid June. We only really have 2 brit resorts, Corralejo and Caleta de Fuste (previously known as El Castillo). Down south Costa Calma and Morto Jable (also know as Jandia) are mainly German resorts. But we get no where near as many tourists as Lanzarote or Tenerife.
In the last 5 years French tourist have started arriving, we also get plenty of Italian, Spanish and small amount af scandinavians.
The only people who spend are mainly brits, germans and Scandinavians.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

The failure of Cummings' British culture war

Some good points here and reasons for hope. They managed to use post truth politics, a culture war and Russian bot networks to get the brexit vote - just. The Cummings debacle and the pandemic generally is showing that can only take you so far in Britain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Honestly, drop it.

The more people kid themselves it was the Russian robots making Brexit, the more your chances of changing people's mind in the future diminishes.

pipkin73

So my daughters boss who has 3 bars has opened just the one, and took back only 2 members of staff, alongside himself, leaving the rest on ERTE, whilst her boss working as well. He reopened last Monday when phase 2 kicked-in, but regretting opening already. He can't open one of his bars as it's in a shopping centre, owned by a hotel, which won't be opening until the tourists arrive, which he is glad of. My wife's bar is in that shopping centre also.

When this first kicked off we thought PARO was worth 80% and ERTE was worth 70%, but we have since found out both are 70%.
The other problem we have here, alot of bars, english bars mainly, use the same assessors, so a lot of brits were on 2 hours aday contracts when being paid 40hr weeks, so only got 70% of there contract. A huge drop in money. I dont know whether that goes on in Gran Can.

Our busiest time here for tourists is obviously the school summer holidays. We remain busy throughout the year, however we get quiet, not far from being dead mid November to mid December and same again between Easter and mid June. We only really have 2 brit resorts, Corralejo and Caleta de Fuste (previously known as El Castillo). Down south Costa Calma and Morto Jable (also know as Jandia) are mainly German resorts. But we get no where near as many tourists as Lanzarote or Tenerife.
In the last 5 years French tourist have started arriving, we also get plenty of Italian, Spanish and small amount af scandinavians.
The only people who spend are mainly brits, germans and Scandinavians.
The 2 hour contracts are popular here also, owners basically say accept it or someone else will.
Seems our season is longer than yours then (i do double the amount of work in Scandie season as i have to advertise Scandie football and the Handball plus all the Scandie shows).

Main problem this year is i can't see the Swedish being allowed over and the Norwegian Krone has collapsed so not sure how much money they will have to spend leaving us mainly Danish (who are the main ones in PR) so i think the Danes hold our winter season in their hands.

Might get more French and German tourists though if the Brits don't come, as most hotels won't allow them in as they don't want any trouble with them mixing with British so they go Mogán and Playa del Ingles more.

Let's hope we all have a safe and busy summer though and get through this.

clint van damme

Honestly, drop it.

The more people kid themselves it was the Russian robots making Brexit, the more your chances of changing people's mind in the future diminishes.

Given it's now fact that Russia interfered in the last US election how can you be sure they didn't interfere in the referendum?
And if it's such a ludicrous notion why has Cummings put him self in contempt by refusing to appear before the commons select comittee looking into it?

Grendel

Given it's now fact that Russia interfered in the last US election how can you be sure they didn't interfere in the referendum?
And if it's such a ludicrous notion why has Cummings put him self in contempt by refusing to appear before the commons select comittee looking into it?

if you believe that rubbish I’m genuinely disappointed

David O'Day

Looking at the tracing system that goes live tomorrow I'm very very disappointed.

Most people will be missed out as all that is happening is when someone tests positive they will be asked for everyone they have come into contact with and these people will be called by a tracer.

This means all the people that the person as come into contact with that they don't know i.e. in a supermarket or on a bus will not be contacted and asked to isolate.

Hardly world beating as promised

clint van damme

LastGarrison

The trend is not downwards if there is a 39% increase in new cases in Greater Manchester hospitals. That is pretty alarming as increased cases in hospitals means increased cases out in the community.
The only thing I would say about this is from what I hear from the Missus (and again Warwick hospital so small sample size) is that the cases coming in do not appear to be as severe as previously so maybe the "high viral loads" are decreasing as less people are needing to be admitted to ICU and are being dealt with on the COVID wards instead.

Grendel

Brighton Sky Blue

Not really relevant. The republican party won the election and they except interference.
It can happen.

Russia facilitated more Americans knowing the truth about Hillary Clinton as a flawed candidate, ignoring that she courted Ukrainian support in undermining Trump. Any other Democrat would have won that election.

Skybluefaz

Looking at the tracing system that goes live tomorrow I'm very very disappointed.

Most people will be missed out as all that is happening is when someone tests positive they will be asked for everyone they have come into contact with and these people will be called by a tracer.

This means all the people that the person as come into contact with that they don't know i.e. in a supermarket or on a bus will not be contacted and asked to isolate.

Hardly world beating as promised

They are judging coming into contact with someone as being within 2 metres for more than 15 minutes. Which will exclude those supermarket, public transport scenarios for the most part

David O'Day

They are judging coming into contact with someone as being within 2 metres for more than 15 minutes. Which will exclude those supermarket, public transport scenarios for the most part
That's the app. And it's not really a time amount it's how many pings you get off their phone.

Also 15 minutes plus on a bus or train is common.

I know someone who got one of the tracer jobs in Nechells and they aren't going to be asking the positive cases for times just who they have been in contact with.

Skybluefaz

That's the app. And it's not really a time amount it's how many pings you get off their phone.

Also 15 minutes plus on a bus or train is common.

I know someone who got one of the tracer jobs in Nechells and they aren't going to be asking the positive cases for times just who they have been in contact with.

How will contact tracing work in England?
Just what I read here

David O'Day

Yeah the app is meant to add up risk so for example if you keep bumping into someone in a shop could set it off.

Also another issue with not having the app is the positive testie doesn't have to give the contacts over straight away and can do it at a later date online. Meaning a delay in isolating the contacts.

Don't get me wrong it's a step in the right direction but I hope the don't decide to loosen anything with just this in place

skybluetony176

This girl is brilliant. She shows perfectly how people (stupid people) judge Trump by his body language rather than the words that are actually coming out of his mouth. If his body language matched the words I would think even the dumbest of people could see what a moron he is.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

I'm sorry but it's just another clutching st straws way of refusing to acknowledge the vote.

Even if there was some truth in it, dirty tactics were played by both sides and that was the bigger issue for me.

It's also largely irrelevant to the pandemic and really just an opportunity to have a bash which this thread has seen quite a lot of.

Skybluefaz

Yeah the app is meant to add up risk so for example if you keep bumping into someone in a shop could set it off.

Also another issue with not having the app is the positive testie doesn't have to give the contacts over straight away and can do it at a later date online. Meaning a delay in isolating the contacts.

Don't get me wrong it's a step in the right direction but I hope the don't decide to loosen anything with just this in place

It does not sound world leading as promised

Users who are viewing this thread