Coronavirus Thread (Off Topic, Politics) (33 Viewers)

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

You know that unassailable lead that stumpy fingers grendal was saying the tories had?

It's tightening in Westminster VI as well

(YouGov as well so wank fingers should be happy with it)

Trouble is:
a. The Tories despite all this are still ahead
b. We're four and a half years from the next general election

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

If you get the cock womble they shops are open let's go attitude you do.

There is a danger the spoonsqho rush to KFC and b and q will so the same thing

Dying high streets will see a short lived boom just because people can use them again. Don't appreciate what you've got till it's gone.

David O'Day

Trouble is:
a. The Tories despite all this are still ahead
b. We're four and a half years from the next general election
But they were recently 15 points ahead.

It maybe 4 years but if the tories damage themselves ala Major 1993 it could be hard for them to get momentum back

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

skybluetony176

Turns out the most worrying aspect of Cummings visit to Barnard Castle was he was actually supposed to be going to Binchester Roman Fort. :)

Brighton Sky Blue

Greece is to reopen flights to the islands from July 1st, but high infection countries can't go until the 15th. If that holds, it's 5 days too late for us

David O'Day

And more better news.....

Thread below the tweet

My take from that is that on the 11th of May the new cases were much lower than they are in the uk right now. When they reopened schools etc they had 61 new cases.

It's promising but the evidence at the moment is you need to be really careful about when you start loosening

David O'Day

Could the decrease in london cases be making possible increases elsewhere?

David O'Day

West Midlands PCC has confirmed people ate using DC as and excuse noe

pipkin73

As soon as we went into lockdown we only had 2 flights a day to Gran Canaria, and 1 flight a day ( knocked down to 1 a week a month ago) to Madrid. My daughter is still waiting for her ERTE as she didnt have a bank account, they wouldn't pay it into my wife's account, the bank account is finally sorted today which took 3 weeks to sort out. My wife was sacked, with the guarantee of returning to work, when things return to more normality. She is the day time manager of the busiest bar in our town. It seems that her boss may have done the right thing compared to others putting their staff on ERTE. My daughters boss owns 3 bars, whilst putting 35 members of staff on ERTE, he was still paying over 10,000€ a month in staff taxes, where as my wife's boss has paid nothing, and now has his money ready for reopening, and can bring staff back as and when required.

As for tourists coming back, those of us in business really need them. I am a market trader, so our market wont open until tourist return. Most of the bars that have reopened are relying on pensioners only to keep them going, after the early Serge most bar owners are now regretting opening so soon as they can not temporary close again as the government wont restart their ERTE.

However we also want people to arrive here healthy, hoping that airlines and airports can sort out tourist entries sensibly.
Yes, approx 300€ per month per member of staff, he must be pulling his hair out.
I think most out here done ERTE as i don't think anyone expected this to go on so long
I only know of 1 person who was sacked with the promise of having his job back after this (he asked to be sacked as he thought PARO would be much faster than ERTE and he got his money straight away).

The bar owners out here met up before opening and decided that the small ones would open first as only locals here and the bigger ones with lot's of staff could not risk opening and then having to close again with no ERTE offered once you reopen.
Appears now though, that how can open up again and reduce staff hours so that they can get a smaller ERTE payment.

Do you have much of a winter trade? we do very well with Scandinavians although they prefer the restaurants to the bars.

David O'Day

Well the ICU is down on last week? That’s good....

Cases will go up and down for a while but the trend is downwards
That's clearly not what Andy Burnham is saying though.

He's saying locally the trend might be upwards in Greater Manchester.

As I said is the reduction in cases in London might be making localised increases just blithely saying but the trend is down is not an answer. Yes the national trend is slowly reducing but are large reductions in cases in the regions being masked by the larger reductions in London.

Even the regions are of a size where local increases could be hidden.

Don't just parrot lines. Andy Burnham things there may be a possible upwards trend in his city.

fernandopartridge

Well the ICU is down on last week? That’s good....

Cases will go up and down for a while but the trend is downwards

The trend is not downwards if there is a 39% increase in new cases in Greater Manchester hospitals. That is pretty alarming as increased cases in hospitals means increased cases out in the community.

David O'Day

This lovely another car crash.

I like the bit about having evidence that what he admitted to himself was actually a false allegation.

Judging by my facebook etc people who normally don't give a fuck are watching and fuming

David O'Day

The trend is not downwards if there is a 39% increase in new cases in Greater Manchester hospitals. That is pretty alarming as increased cases in hospitals means increased cases out in the community.
Exactly

We need to know what these localised trends are.

PVA

Appalling from Johnson in this committee.

It's embarrassing that this man is Prime Minister. I don't know how anyone could look at him and think yeah, I'm going to vote for him to be PM. It's inconceivable. It could only be through a blind allegiance to Brexit or a strong hatred of Corbyn that you'd vote for him.

Thankfully people are starting to see it, albeit too late.

Literally his only response to the questioning was 'it's time to move on'

That's not how it works you useless prick.

David O'Day

DC admitted the charges against him were true.

Boris has just told multiple mps live on the bbc that he has seen evidence to show DC is innocent of the charges against him but he won't release the evidence.

Well done Boris you've just created the next rod to beat you with.

David O'Day

He's getting butchered on care homes now.

He's never doi g one of these again is he

PVA

Brilliant from Cooper.

Predictably awful from Johnson. Has he ever answered a question in his life? (except maybe 'would you like to look after the kids this weekend Boris?')

Ring Of Steel

Not sure who thought it was a good idea to put this guy up against all these questions without a baying crowd behind him, wasn't really a smart idea though

Users who are viewing this thread