Coronavirus Thread (Off Topic, Politics) (27 Viewers)

Skybluefaz

That's something

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
"I stress – I don't believe that economic equality is possible; indeed some measure of inequality is essential for the spirit of envy and keeping up with the Joneses that is, like greed, a valuable spur to economic activity."

Add to it this Boris quote and it seems to further back up Fernando's theory.

shmmeee

Boils my fucking blood. They think we’re morons and plebs.

He wasn’t working for the government when he went on his Dom Jolly, it was his private life and he was acting as a private citizen. The fact he’s very well off and well connected is all the more reason he could’ve followed the rules.

If he’d apologised this would’ve gone away, in a way I’m glad he didn’t and he’s forced all these cunty Tories out into the open to make it clear quite what they think of the average British person.

shmmeee

"I stress – I don't believe that economic equality is possible; indeed some measure of inequality is essential for the spirit of envy and keeping up with the Joneses that is, like greed, a valuable spur to economic activity."

Add to it this Boris quote and it seems to further back up Fernando's theory.

That’s a fundamental tenet of right wing thought, hardly a gotcha, they’ve written whole books on the subject.

Skybluefaz

He wasn’t working for the government when he went on his Dom Jolly, it was his private life and he was acting as a private citizen. The fact he’s very well off and well connected is all the more reason he could’ve followed the rules.

If he’d apologised this would’ve gone away, in a way I’m glad he didn’t and he’s forced all these cunty Tories out into the open to Male it clear quite what they think of the average British person.
I agree, I think the course of action they are taking will be self destructive

clint van damme

Moving away from the Cummings stuff for a moment.

If you reopen non essential stores on the 15th what can you do about the crowds you may get in town centres but not in stores?

Going to be hard to social distance if you get a rush of people up past topshop

Crowds shouldn't be an issue in Cov town centre!

clint van damme

If he’d apologised this would’ve gone away, in a way I’m glad he didn’t and he’s forced all these cunty Tories out into the open to make it clear quite what they think of the average British person.

Heard someone interviewed yesterday talking about Cummings interview and when he was asked whether he'd informed the Prime minister.

He claimed protocol would dictate that Cummings should actually have informed his line manager who is actually a senior civil servant.

He would have been able to arrange anything Cummings needed without him leaving London and even if it was decided he needed to go to Durham he could have arranged transport. The she thing is a crock of shit.

shmmeee

Yeah I'm not claiming any kind of exclusive

I know, just pointing out that what looks like a horrendous thing for someone to believe is actually very openly at the core of their ideology. They’re quite open about the fact that they need people clawing at each other so they’ll hand their labour over. And that the only reason they work is to climb this greasy pole they’ve imagined. It’s why the right fundamentally don’t understand public service and only drape themselves in it when they think it’ll play well.

Same as when the mask slips on Grendel and he starts ranking people’s lives. Disgusting and in a government will inevitably lead to atrocities as you don’t value all life the same. You think some people are “worth more”.

I’ll never understand it. No gods. No masters.

David O'Day

People still angry and this isn't going away

The press are delighted they sent on Jenrick as a he is shite and b it allows the times to splash his own scandal

djr8369

I know, just pointing out that what looks like a horrendous thing for someone to believe is actually very openly at the core of their ideology. They’re quite open about the fact that they need people clawing at each other so they’ll hand their labour over. And that the only reason they work is to climb this greasy pole they’ve imagined. It’s why the right fundamentally don’t understand public service and only drape themselves in it when they think it’ll play well.

Same as when the mask slips on Grendel and he starts ranking people’s lives. Disgusting and in a government will inevitably lead to atrocities as you don’t value all life the same. You think some people are “worth more”.

It can be a toxic and horrible ideology. It’s why they need the culture war though. If you convince enough people that immigrants or gay people are the issue or “the left are destroying free speech” you can distract them enough to not see how they are played.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brighton Sky Blue

It can be a toxic and horrible ideology. It’s why they need the culture war though. If you convince enough people that immigrants or gay people are the issue or “the left are destroying free speech” you can distract them enough to not see how they are played.

And most of all, you call those who point this out as sneering and condescending.

skybluetony176

Former right wing sweetheart and the excellent dan hodges are having a tiff on Twitter but it does raise a wider issue past Coronavirus. What do rules and laws mean if you have instinct. This is setting a stupid precedent.

David O'Day

Former right wing sweetheart and the excellent dan hodges are having a tiff on Twitter but it does raise a wider issue past Coronavirus. What do rules and laws mean if you have instinct. This is setting a stupid precedent.
I still love that the excellent dan Hodges mum thinks he's a c**t

clint van damme

I still love that the excellent dan Hodges mum thinks he's a c**t

I only found out the other day who his mum is. I bet she wishes she'd got his old man to wear a condom.
He'd have contributed more to humanity as a lump of jizz suffocating inside a rubber coffin than he ever has as a journalist.

stupot07

People still angry and this isn't going away

The press are delighted they sent on Jenrick as a he is shite and b it allows the times to splash his own scandal

How is he still in a job?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

stupot07

Any coincidence that Vallance and Whitty havent done a press conference since the government defence of Cummings.

They were apparently booked into do the Saturday daily briefing but either walked or were asked not to do it.

Ring Of Steel

I think this is spot on

And most of all, you call those who point this out as sneering and condescending.

There are some famous quotes by the political scientist Zbigniew Brzezinski, who was a visionary in terms of observing what was being played out in front of him back in the '60s, and knowing what was on the horizon.

"Shortly, the public will be unable to reason or think for themselves. They'll only be able to parrot the information they've been given on the previous night's news."

"The technotronic era involves the gradual appearance of a more controlled society. Such a society would be dominated by an elite, unrestrained by traditional values. Soon it will be possible to assert almost continuous surveillance over every citizen and maintain up-to-date complete files containing even the most personal information about the citizen. These files will be subject to instantaneous retrieval by the authorities."

"Speaking of a future at most only decades away, an experimenter in intelligence control asserted, “I foresee a time when we shall have the means and therefore, inevitably, the temptation to manipulate the behavior and intellectual functioning of all the people through environmental and biochemical manipulation of the brain."

"We have a large public that is very ignorant about public affairs and very susceptible to simplistic slogans by candidates who appear out of nowhere, have no track record, but mouth appealing slogans"

clint van damme

Any coincidence that Vallance and Whitty havent done a press conference since the government defence of Cummings.

They were apparently booked into do the Saturday daily briefing but either walked or were asked not to do it.

they were actually due to appear at one and were in the building, (may have been Saturday), but got bumped at the last minute.

clint van damme

EZBFnY_WoAAGvoa

djr8369

It completely undermines the basis of law and the written and unwritten norms that are the basis of a functioning society. It’s turning the ‘rights of the individual’ of conservatism into anarchy.

chiefdave

Was just reading about a spike in South Korea but hopefully not a sign of a second wave, seems related to the nightclub outbreak. This caught my eye, kids going back to school there today, guessing we won't have a similar setup.

djr8369

Was just reading about a spike in South Korea but hopefully not a sign of a second wave, seems related to the nightclub outbreak. This caught my eye, kids going back to school there today, guessing we won't have a similar setup.

Had temp checked at work with a thermal camera last week, needs to be done everyday though, IMO. Doing schools will have the resources for that and government advice will be “wash your hands” and hope for the best.

hill83

We’ve got one of those where I work. Set it off and they do a manual check. Set that off, sent home. Easy to set up. Absolutely no excuse for not having one in every school.

Saying that though. “I wish them well”

Ian1779

Had temp checked at work with a thermal camera last week, needs to be done everyday though, IMO. Doing schools will have the resources for that and government advice will be “wash your hands” and hope for the best.

Most schools don’t have the capacity for all its students to wash their hands regularly throughout the day - certainly not in a timely manner at the very least.

Users who are viewing this thread