Coronavirus Thread (Off Topic, Politics) (28 Viewers)

clint van damme

It needs to hurry up and fuck off.

I can't help but think we're going to have to live with it for a good while and it's going to be about limiting damage.
Two things I love in life, football and live music, aren't going to be the same for a long time.

Brighton Sky Blue

What baffles is me is that the country that’s top of the European death charts is talking about quarantining visits from countries with hardly any, that in return are offering to allow UK visitors no quarantine.

skybluetony176

Seems that both Labour and Conservative councils are saying they won't open schools on the 1st of June

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
My youngest’s school wrote to us yesterday saying that she would be in for 3 half days every other week in classes of ten and never leave their desk accept for toilet break. What’s the point.

LastGarrison

Problem is they have to, they need the money. Expect international students fees income to slump!
It will be interesting to see the appetite for either starting out online or a blended learning type approach from all students but International in particular.

With the re-introduction of student number caps then this may actually help universities as this may deter UK students from deferring their places until next year.

Sky Blue Pete

It will be interesting to see the appetite for either starting out online or a blended learning type approach from all students but International in particular.

With the re-introduction of student number caps then this may actually help universities as this may deter UK students from deferring their places until next year.
Cambridge no face to face lectures till summer 2021

skybluetony176

Just going through the live feed on the BBC’s website and apparently the Times is reporting that the government is being forced into a U turn on schools by their scientists who say that the track and trace systems needs to be up and working and effective before the schools can reopen.

Brighton Sky Blue

Just going through the live feed on the BBC’s website and apparently the Times is reporting that the government is being forced into a U turn on schools by their scientists who say that the track and trace systems needs to be up and working and effective before the schools can reopen.

We were due to be briefed on the return of Y10 and 12 today. Guess the government’s incompetence is about to put paid to that

NorthernWisdom

Yep, already said they need to make a saving of £50m for 20/21 which could be a worry
Yeah. I'm local authority, Mrs Wisdom is university. Up until now we've been relatively insulated from it all, but if cuts are coming...

Even one of my other jobs relies on funding which has now been spent by the funding bodies in propping up projects already in place, so no cash for new ones.

Brighton Sky Blue

Yeah. I'm local authority, Mrs Wisdom is university. Up until now we've been relatively insulated from it all, but if cuts are coming...

Even one of my other jobs relies on funding which has now been spent by the funding bodies in propping up projects already in place, so no cash for new ones.

Get a job at the University of Life, Professor of Gammonology?

LastGarrison

Yep, already said they need to make a saving of £50m for 20/21 which could be a worry
The sector is going to take a massive hit and even pre-COVID we were hearing names of Uni’a that were on the brink but now with this and the OFS’ supposed hardline stance I will be amazed if at least a handful of Uni’s go bust!

Brighton Sky Blue

How does that give you any useful information about the kids? Is that a school/trust directive?

Yup and in the missus’ case means she’ll get several hundred essays written with no word or time limit. Trying to use Dom’s Positive Thinking mix tape but it’s not easy

shmmeee

Yup and in the missus’ case means she’ll get several hundred essays written with no word or time limit. Trying to use Dom’s Positive Thinking mix tape but it’s not easy

May as well get the kids to Mark it at home as well from the sounds of that. Is that internal? I switched off from examination talk once they told me I wouldn’t get paid this year.

Brighton Sky Blue

May as well get the kids to Mark it at home as well from the sounds of that. Is that internal? I switched off from examination talk once they told me I wouldn’t get paid this year.

Yep but because we still have to write reports student marked papers would be pointless. At least in my case some of the answers can be auto marked

shmmeee

Yep but because we still have to write reports student marked papers would be pointless. At least in my case some of the answers can be auto marked

I was being facetious about the marking, isn’t that basically a honour system though? Hard to imagine the parents I know that produce near professional quality homework for their kids not at least hovering and giving help if not outright taking the tests for them.

Ian1779

Sounds madness. No way to check if the work is theirs and so any grading is unusable - feel for the both of you.

Brighton Sky Blue

I was being facetious about the marking, isn’t that basically a honour system though? Hard to imagine the parents I know that produce near professional quality homework for their kids not at least hovering and giving help if not outright taking the tests for them.

It’s about trying to appear fully functional

Users who are viewing this thread