Coronavirus Thread (Off Topic, Politics) (24 Viewers)

Skybluefaz

Its a joke isn't it. Had a mate apply for one of these jobs and he was told he had to commit to three months and would have to live onsite. The cost of which would be deducted from the ridiculously low wage. Rules out anyone furloughed or with any responsibilities.
View attachment 15107
Those are crazy stipulations, no idea if that is typical but how the hell is someone with any kind of commitments going to be able to do that? I'd have a look at doing a Saturday on the odd occasion just because it seems quite cathartic and you'd get a few quid. Clearly it won't work like that.

skybluetony176

check out the snowflakes in the reply’s to this. It’s like that video that went viral of that lad crying leave Britney alone, only now it’s leave Boris alone.

chiefdave

Those are crazy stipulations, no idea if that is typical but how the hell is someone with any kind of commitments going to be able to do that? I'd have a look at doing a Saturday on the odd occasion just because it seems quite cathartic and you'd get a few quid. Clearly it won't work like that.
You get paid piece rate, any imperfect picks in the box and the entire box is rejected and you don't get paid. Its 10 hour shifts 6 days a week whatever the weather.

Can't imagine why of the 50,000 applications they had last time they pushed this scheme only 112 people accepted jobs.

skybluetony176

You get paid piece rate, any imperfect picks in the box and the entire box is rejected and you don't get paid. Its 10 hour shifts 6 days a week whatever the weather.

Can't imagine why of the 50,000 applications they had last time they pushed this scheme only 112 people accepted jobs.
Yeah but they’re coming over here stealing our jobs. Is that what you want because that’s what will happen.

David O'Day

Yeah but they’re coming over here stealing our jobs. Is that what you want because that’s what will happen.
It's like working in kebab shop at 2am on Friday night.

No Brit wants to do that for the money on offer

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

David O'Day

Why do you keep saying my name you weird geeza? Literally every post
That is false and shows you don't know what literally actually means.

Geeza? You fucking doesn't splashy c**t. It's like Danny Dyer living in his mums basement.

Come back when you know what literally means.

stupot07

Why isn’t Johnson taking the press briefings now he’s back at work?

Has he been seen in public at all other than PMQs and his previous recorded briefing? I haven’t been paying attention, just seem to hear very little from him. Is he still ill?
Nope. We're in a middle of an international emergency and he's hiding away. He literally is a spineless part time PM.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

chiefdave

Seems Cambridge University, home to some of the countries leading epidemiologists and virologists who are working with the government on the coronavirus modelling and response have decided that it no lectures are to take place before at least summer 2021.

But its fine for primary schools to reopen in a couple of weeks.
Varsity said:
A leaked email seen by Varsity outlines plans for all lectures in the 2020-21 academic year to be conducted virtually.

Head of Education Services, Alice Benton wrote to Senior Tutors today to inform them that the ‘General Board’s Education Committee’ has ‘agreed that, since it is highly likely that rigid social distancing will be required throughout the next academic year, there will be no face-to-face lectures next year.’

Benton writes that the ‘decision has been taken to provide a degree of certainty to facilitate Faculties and Departments when planning for educational delivery next academic year’ and proposes that the move is ‘in line with thinking across the sector’.

shmmeee

Seems Cambridge University, home to some of the countries leading epidemiologists and virologists who are working with the government on the coronavirus modelling and response have decided that it no lectures are to take place before at least summer 2021.

But its fine for primary schools to reopen in a couple of weeks.

I assume that’s just lectures and not tutorials?

Looks like schools might not open anyway, Guardian reporting another possible u turn.

David O'Day

Seems that both Labour and Conservative councils are saying they won't open schools on the 1st of June

clint van damme

I assume that’s just lectures and not tutorials?

Looks like schools might not open anyway, Guardian reporting another possible u turn.

Apparently they're looking at ways of holding small tutorial groups that maintain social distancing.

If that's going to be neccessary for another year then several industries are going to be absolutely decimated. Football being one of them

NorthernWisdom

Apparently they're looking at ways of holding small tutorial groups that maintain social distancing.

If that's going to be neccessary for another year then several industries are going to be absolutely decimated. Football being one of them
I was under the impression that Cambridge taught mainly through tutorials and not lectures anyway. Lectures are the public events rather than the course - it's all very different at Oxbridge!

ajsccfc

Warwick is planning to have students back in autumn for start of year, although in what capacity remains to be seen. I don't expect big lectures to be held until after Christmas at least though

Users who are viewing this thread