Coronavirus Thread (Off Topic, Politics) (17 Viewers)

hill83

Already spoke to my youngests school and told them she won’t be going back and the school were almost thankful. No fines being issued or any other actions they’ve assured us. Speaking to friends who have children due back on June 1st that’s pretty much their experience too. I get the impression that schools and parents are just going to defy the government en masse.

Don’t let Grendel know he’s already called me irrational for even considering that and stated my son is more likely to die on the way to school.

Cheeky c**t

Sky Blue Pete

And on the care home stuff it’s not keeping the infection out that people are annoyed at Grendel it’s the fact that vulnerable people were supposed and are supposed to be shielded. Sending positive and potentially positive people into the homes has to be criminally negligent

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

they look like they could be in deep shit. Another health minister has resigned.

Trouble is we need someone else to not go into lockdown so all those naysayers arguing that lockdown is not saving people can see the evidence it is. We've handled this incredibly badly, but we could have handled it even worse (and probably would have if the public hadn't basically decided to start policing themselves and showing disdain for the 'herd immunity' strategy).

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

And on the care home stuff it’s not keeping the infection out that people are annoyed at Grendel it’s the fact that vulnerable people were supposed and are supposed to be shielded. Sending positive and potentially positive people into the homes has to be criminally negligent

Yep. It's like telling people arriving at a zoo you're protected from the pride of lions with all these measures then just letting one of them loose.

David O'Day

468 today.

It's really not going down at the rate we really need

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Ian1779

Because people stop locking down as soon as the supposed changes were leaked in the press which was a week and a half ago now.

hill83

Road usage is only up 3% from last Saturday apparently so perhaps we aren’t all as stupid as I thought.

hill83

Maybe everyone was ahead of the game with all the speculation.
It had been building up for over a week by then.

Good point. It’s still less than I was expecting though.

Daily mail are desperate for it. “STOPPING THE STAMPEDE” was the headline but the article took a different tone with only the 3% rise. And now they’ve updated the headline to “IS IT CORONAPHOBIA?”.

Relentless.

wingy

Good point. It’s still less than I was expecting though.

Daily mail are desperate for it. “STOPPING THE STAMPEDE” was the headline but the article took a different tone with only the 3% rise. And now they’ve updated the headline to “IS IT CORONAPHOBIA?”.

Relentless.
Must be Common sense.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Am I the only one trying to come up with lyrics to Pulp so I can do "Common (Sense) People"?

Grendel

Meet you at the end of the pier down skeggy. Assuming it’s got a pier.

The place to be is just outside a delightful place called Ingoldmels. Drove through once never got out. One of my daughters commented that you could catch an STD just by looking out the car window - it’s truly hell on earth

hill83

The place to be is just outside a delightful place called Ingoldmels. Drove through once never got out. One of my daughters commented that you could catch an STD just by looking out the car window - it’s truly hell on earth

Don’t tell anyone but I’ve actually been there. Worlds worst fairground. Fantasy island.

Nick

Administrator
She been to an 80s reunion I take it?

SkyBlueDom26

I'm out on my local high street to go to the butchers. It is significantly busier, lots of traffic and people shopping as families. Expecting 'common sense' from a population that contains demonstrably thick people was never going to work.

Sent from my ELE-L29 using Tapatalk
You literally have the mindset of expecting everyone to stay in their houses forever till we find a vaccine

clint van damme

last time I went there as I drove in (about 6:30pm) there was a drunk been loaded in to an ambulance on one side of the road and an emergency glazier boarding up the front window of an Indian restaurant on the other.
By the end of the weekend my son declared he 'loved Skegness'.

Wish I'd known that before I'd spunked fucking thousands on foreign holidays, could have just driven to Lincolnshire.

Users who are viewing this thread