Coronavirus Thread (Off Topic, Politics) (33 Viewers)

shmmeee

I had a mate call me last night, the one who tried to kill himself and I still haven’t seen in person since. He’d read the papers and was convinced lockdowns over and wanted to know why I wasn’t coming over for a beer. He wouldn’t accept that we aren’t allowed right now, says he knows loads of people who are going out. Was getting personally offended when I said no.

What do you do with that?

clint van damme

I had a mate call me last night, the one who tried to kill himself and I still haven’t seen in person since. He’d read the papers and was convinced lockdowns over and wanted to know why I wasn’t coming over for a beer. He wouldn’t accept that we aren’t allowed right now, says he knows loads of people who are going out.

What do you do with that?

find out where they're going?

shmmeee

find out where they're going?

BBQs and house parties apparently. “Pubs will be open next month”. He’s not, shall we say, the most aware person. But there comes a point where saying “common sense” just leads to people looking at the majority and taking a “well if they can why can’t I?” Approach. In his words “we’ve done this lockdown for weeks and it’s made no difference so what’s the point?”

Anyway, more bothered about trying to explain why I couldn’t see him without triggering the stuff that made him want to top himself.

SkyBlueDom26

No we want people to be sensible until the r rate and new cases is at a more manageable level. It was likelytobe only a couple more weeks but now itsbfucked

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
How do you know it’s fucked, we’re on the way down in terms of trends why do you always look for the bad in everything

skybluetony176

Don’t let Grendel know he’s already called me irrational for even considering that and stated my son is more likely to die on the way to school.

Cheeky c**t
When I heard him say that I knew that I’d definitely be making the right decision keeping my kids of school.

David O'Day

How do you know it’s fucked, we’re on the way down in terms of trends why do you always look for the bad in everything
Because the trends are basically flat if you take away outliers like bank holidays.

We are now getting 3500 plus new cases a day which is liable to increase as more people venture out.

The r rate was increasing pre loosening as well so it is likely this will get worse.

Ffs you are an arse kissing cap doffing moron

covmark

When I heard him say that I knew that I’d definitely be making the right decision keeping my kids of school.
Yep, and you should think yourself lucky you have that choice. Me and the wife are both key workers, therefore our youngest has to go 3 days a week while we are at work. If we had the choice, we'd keep her off too.
Our lad is in year 10. Williamson announced it's year 10 that will be back in school first. I'd rather not send him, but how can I tell my daughter it's safe enough for her to attend school but not my lad?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

skybluetony176

Yep, and you should think yourself lucky you have that choice. Me and the wife are both key workers, therefore our youngest has to go 3 days a week while we are at work. If we had the choice, we'd keep her off too.
Our lad is in year 10. Williamson announced it's year 10 that will be back in school first. I'd rather not send him, but how can I tell my daughter it's safe enough for her to attend school but not my lad?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
I’d be in the same boat but my wife has to shield. Feel for you.

SkyBlueDom26

Because the trends are basically flat if you take away outliers like bank holidays.

We are now getting 3500 plus new cases a day which is liable to increase as more people venture out.

The r rate was increasing pre loosening as well so it is likely this will get worse.

Ffs you are an arse kissing cap doffing moron

Of course the cases are increasing as we are doing more testing, if you actually stop and think for a second you’ll realise the more tests done means the more cases we pick up

clint van damme

I see there’s a petition to get Piers Morgan sacked from GMB. The gammon heads darling is now public enemy No.1. What a bunch of snowflakes.

It's quite scary to be honest. As NW pointed out earlier politics has now become so.partisan it's frightening and people aren't bothered about seeing politicians held to account.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

We're going down (very slowly) because of the restrictions that were in place. They've relaxed them at a point where the R rate is literally just on the cusp of being acceptable. So if you remove those restrictions that's got it down what do you think's going to happen? You must've seen the busy tube and buses from Wednesday and that is down to the message to go back to work. Not the people on them because a lot of people have no other choice but to use public transport in London. And now they're bringing back in the increased congestion charges etc it's only going to get worse.

I'm willing to predict come the end of the month cases, deaths and R will all be heading in the wrong direction and it'll be traced back to easing of lockdown.

But due to the ideology of the Tories and their obsession with the economy they'll dither AGAIN over putting the restrictions back in place and we'll end up somewhere close to where we were.

hill83

We're going down (very slowly) because of the restrictions that were in place. They've relaxed them at a point where the R rate is literally just on the cusp of being acceptable. So if you remove those restrictions that's got it down what do you think's going to happen? You must've seen the busy tube and buses from Wednesday and that is down to the message to go back to work. Not the people on them because a lot of people have no other choice but to use public transport in London. And now they're bringing back in the increased congestion charges etc it's only going to get worse.

I'm willing to predict come the end of the month cases, deaths and R will all be heading in the wrong direction and it'll be traced back to easing of lockdown.

But due to the ideology of the Tories and their obsession with the economy they'll dither AGAIN over putting the restrictions back in place and we'll end up somewhere close to where we were.

"OMG you want that to happen to score internet points and because you loooooove labour and corbyn"

That will be seen within the next couple of weeks.

Brighton Sky Blue

Williamson seems hell bent on getting schools open whether or not it makes any sense, seemingly because other countries are doing it. Not willing to play that game Gavin

Users who are viewing this thread